Underbelly

Guest -Karen-

Why is it on so late? Does it rate bad in NZ?

Yes, it was originally pulled from the air after three episodes due to low ratings, but fans complained and they put it back on for a few weeks to see if it improved. It didn't, and now it's moved.

But TV3 should've expected low ratings, seeing as how they put it in a deathslot (9.30pm on Sunday nights).

Just a weird sidenote: It felt weird watching Callan Mulvey on Underbelly after Johnny died on HAA - It felt like he was still out there!

Oh and by they way, Underbelly and HAA are on the same channel in NZ.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Are you sure it was because of low ratings? It's not like they're going to improve at 11:15, Tuesday nights :angry:

Maybe it was too explicit for that timeslot? I dunno. It's been replaced by Criminal Intent though which is bull <_<

I don't remember it ever being cancelled though? :huh:

It was cancelled then put on again within 24 hours. I'd say that the ratings were still low, but they couldn't be bothered with the out cry if they took it off the air again.

I was wondering something - When episode 7 was shown last night (yes I stayed up late :P I'm a total insomniac :lol: ) at the end, they showed an ad for a youth helpline, presumably because of

the rape scene with Danielle McGuire and Nik Radev.

(Spoiler tags added for the benefit of NZ viewers who taped the episode and will watch it later.)

Did they do something similar in Australia with that episode?

To buy the DVD you have to show ID, if you're stated that you live in Vic, they wont sell it to you :lol:

Now that's a little overboard. Are they the two characters that they couldn't name in the 2nd last episode that's still on trial?

I've only watched all the episodes once, but I'm not sure if there's any evidence that relates to those two men in the first eleven episodes. I remember they just suddenly appeared then disappeared in one episode. It sounds as if that Vic could of gotten away by airing the whole series bar that one episode.

Archived