Changes at Summer Bay

Guest Andy

Changes at Summer Bay

Centralian Advocate

22 January 2008

Get ready for another big season on Home and Away when it returns to Seven next week.

The long-running soap opera will raise some big questions as well as dealing with those last-season cliff-hangers.

Last season saw Dan Baker depart the community along with Brad Armstrong, his half-sister Tamsyn and her mother Heather McCabe.

Jack and his new love Sam were wed, despite there being unresolved feelings between Martha and Jack, his ex-wife.

Ric's relationship with Matilda was all but over after newcomer Viv Anderson, who had lured Ric from her, became pregnant with his child.

Matilda found out at Jack and Sam's wedding, and told Ric to stay out of her life for good.

This year, long-time resident Sally Fletcher leaves Summer Bay with her daughter, Pippa.

Cassie and Lucas also are leaving to go to university.

Villain Johnny Cooper returns to get revenge on both Sally and Ric while the latter struggles to cope after his ex, Matilda, chooses to be with classmate Geoff Campbell instead of him.

A familiar person will be murdered so speculation is rife.

Amanda Baker (Holly Brisley) returns with Martin Bartlett (Bob Baines) taking on Sally's job at Summer Bay High School from April this year.

Sorry to who wrote this your information is incorrect! Mattie and Geoff do NOT get together. Cassie does NOT leave to go to uni. And for the record.. spotted walking around channel 7 studio - Ric AND Martha with scratches and bruises, when asked they said it was make up. stay tuned !

Is Centralian Advocate some kind of paper/magazine? :unsure: I really, really hope Matilda and Geoff don't get together. A one-off thing I could cope with, but not a proper relationship. He's just too immature and naive for her, especially considering all the growing up she's done since Beth died. It would be like she was dating a 14 year old. I did like Geoff with Tam though, it's a shame they won't get chance to explore that further. They were both quite young mentally, but for very different reasons, which I thought was interesting.

Geoff isn't immature is he? In one way he is, life experience and coping with strange new things but I think he's a lot more sensible than Matilda

I mean immature as in he knows nothing about the real world. He's lived his life in a bubble, going to church and working on the farm, and has never had a proper relationship or even friendship. I don't see how he'd be able to have an adult relationship when he has virtually no social skills or life experience.

Amanda Baker (Holly Brisley) returns with Martin Bartlett

well, what does that mean for peter? :blink:<_<

if she is returning with with him- as in together(and not just at the same time) then the whole peter going after amanda before she left fairytale is a lie! :angry:

ye i know its only a soap, but i lived amanda and peter :wub:

Amanda Baker (Holly Brisley) returns with Martin Bartlett

well, what does that mean for peter? :blink:<_<

if she is returning with with him- as in together(and not just at the same time) then the whole peter going after amanda before she left fairytale is a lie! :angry:

ye i know its only a soap, but i lived amanda and peter :wub:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that sentence is just badly punctuated. It should be 'Amanda Baker (Holly Brisley) returns, with Martin Bartlett (Bob Baines) taking on Sally's job at Summer Bay High School'.

Archived