Sinful Seduction?

Guest vale4eva

OHHH NOOO!! Jacks gone for a few days.

Well at least he is still in summerbay, Martha can go see him :P

Aww Tony, dont be a meany and just accept them!

AWWW Eli is seriously so cute! :wub:

And LISA can seriously can get stuffed! WHO cares what she thinks anyway!

But hopefully, she will accept it, so Martha doesn't get more upset.

And what about Katie, the mum? WHat does she think of J&M?

Please update soon.

I'm addicted as you can see! :lol:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eli is so cute! I love her relationship with Jack. It's so sweet! And she wants to be a bridesmaid. Aww :wub:

Hope Tony will change his mind soon.

Poor Martha and Jack! I can't believe he's actually leaving the house. :(

We don't care about Lisa. Rachel, find her a new boyfriend.

More please.

PS: I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day! Hope it'll get better soon. :)

What about Lisa? I'd be surprised if someone actually cared.

Aw Eli wants to be a bridesmaid, she's so cute.

And yes, Tony, you are warming to the idea. Stop being a loser and just accept it already.

Jacky left. Noo. :(

More soon please. :D

Finally caught up on the last few chapters. They were fab, like always.

I sense that this will soon be coming to an end. Im sad. I love this fic.

Why did Jack have to go? Poor Martha. And who cares about Lisa? LOL. She'll get over it. Eventually.

Grazie' and much love! Enjoy :D

Chapter 48:

It was now two days after the big reveal.

Jack was still staying at Kim’s, he’d phoned a couple of times, but mostly his presence in the Holden household was currently non-existent.

Martha had been walking around like the world was about to end, missing Jack terribly, and Tony and Kate (the latter also now aware of the situation) were still coming to terms with the recent goings on.

It was only Eli who remained positive and upbeat; still delighted at the thought of her brother and adopted sister getting married (not that they actually were).

“Right, I’m off to work” announced Tony, as he grabbed his keys off the side table. He had immersed himself back into his work; throwing himself into the paperwork, re-structuring and various other things involved in getting the club back up and running.

He claimed it was just a part of the work process. But Martha knew it was more than that. It was just another way to distract himself from everything else. A way to escape reality, and furthermore prolong his inability to accept.

“Do you want any help?” asked Martha, as she stood in the kitchen corner.

“No, you’re alright love. But thanks” he smiled at her, before walking out down the hallway.

He’d been avoiding her for days. She wasn’t sure whether he just couldn’t stand being around her, because his disappointment was just so strong, or whether maybe deep down inside of him, he was starting to feel bad about it all. Maybe he was starting to feel guilty about practically sending Jack away.

She only wished he’d talk about it. Because the sooner the air was cleared, the sooner Jack could return home. And as far as Martha was concerned, that day couldn’t come around any quicker!

……………………………

For the first time in 2 days, Martha’s face warmed with a genuinely happy smile. “Hey you” she grinned, blushing slightly as she stood at Kim’s doorway. It was Jack who answered the door, much to her delight.

“Hey yourself” he smiled back, before the two came together like a puzzle, hugging each other tightly; unable to stand being apart any longer.

“God, I’ve missed you so much” she sighed, as she felt him so close to her; his strong arms encircling her body as he pulled her in.

Finally walking inside, he led her into Kim’s living room.

“Is Kim out?” she asked as she took a scan of the downstairs surroundings. It was a cosy little space, had a homey but boyish feel to it. Quite stylish actually, considering he'd decorated it himself.

“Yeah, he’s at work. He left about an hour ago.”

“Oh right” she bobbed her head. “Sooo … how are you doing anyway?”

He smiled across at her, “Missing you like crazy” he said as they sat on the couch and she snuggled up beside him; his arm over her shoulder. “But, apart from that, I’m doing alright”.

“Good” she spoke softly; almost dreamily as she clung onto his body and closed her eyes.

“How about you?” he nudged her slightly, as he looked down at her closed eyes. “What’s it like at home now?”

“Oh, you mean aside from the fact that dad seems to do everything under the sun to avoid me?” she said with a groan as her eyes opened in a roll. “It’s alright” she sighed a lengthily exhale.

“He’s really that bad?”

“Well, I guess I can’t overly complain. I mean, were a step-up from yelling. So that’s a plus. I just have to deal with the denial and avoidance issue, and everything will be as right as rain” she grinned, before her face fell into a mope.

“Yeah, well, he’ll have to face it sometime. It’s not like its going away”.

“Yeah, but I bet he wishes it would” she replied; a hint of irritation dug into her voice.

The two remained snuggled up on the couch, just allowing for the silent atmosphere to drift over them. Enjoying a soft and tender kiss here and there, and just letting each other know that their love was still very much alive.

Pulling away, she sat cross-legged on the couch. “You know, I’ve been thinking” she said as she looked at him. “You leaving and all. Even though I hate it right now, I think maybe you were right. A little time away will probably help. For all of us … and, it’ll give me some time to sort a few other things out,” she admitted.

“Like what?” he frowned as he rubbed the material of her jeans with his finger.

“Like … Lisa … she still doesn’t know” she told him remorsefully; her face drawn down at just the thought of how her friend will react.

“When are you going to tell her?”

“Today, after I leave here. I’m heading straight to hers. I can’t leave it any longer. If ever she found out another way.” She shook her head at the thought. “I mean, I’m not saying she’s going to love me for telling her, but, it has to be a little better coming from me, right?”

“Yeah, I guess. But you know, either way, she’s not going to take it well”.

“I know … the truth is; if I even have just the slightest chance of salvaging some friendship with her, it’ll be a dream come true” she smiled sorrowfully; deep down knowing full well this would be the end of their long and treasured friendship. “But…” she shrugged through dejection, “what’s done is done. Nothing’s going to change now”.

Cupping his girlfriend’s cheek with the palm of his hand, he looked at her through concerned and saddened eyes. “Whatever happens, and however she reacts, try not to forget what’s come out of this. Because despite all the heartbreak, it’s out in the open now, we don’t have to hide anymore” he tried his best to lighten her mood.

“Yeah, I know … I just wish I’d used my head instead of lying all the time”.

“You were scared, and that’s understandable. You can’t keep punishing yourself for that”.

“Yeah … it’s understandable. It’s just a pity I put my friendship and my family on the line while I did it” she rolled her eyes as she took a glance of annoyance away from him.

His ability to cheer her up was beginning to waver, as she always seemed to finish on a downer. Knowing no words would bring much comfort to her right now, he settled for just embracing her. Leaning over, he pulled her towards him, wrapping her up into his arms and holding her tight.

…………………………………

She had been tooing and froing for almost 10 minutes. Just standing at the bottom of Lisa’s street, trying to pluck up the courage to knock the door, tell her the truth about her relationship with Jack and somehow tackle the inevitable upset.

But as of yet, her nerves had gotten the better of her. Every time she felt herself growing in confidence, she’d take one single step to approach the house, and find her feet failing to budge. Almost as if they were glued down to the pavement, preventing her from moving.

Through her state of irritation, she fumbled for her phone, sliding it open and dialing the number. She needed to hear something calming.

“Hey mom, can you put Eli on please” she asked as she stood on the spot impatiently, leant against the wall and feeling as her stomach churned in unease.

Waiting a few seconds, (although to Martha they seemed like hours) a pleasant voice finally answered.

“Erm, hello?”

“Hey princess, what are you up to?” she grinned; hearing her sisters heavy breathing noises through the speakers on the phone. She was so adorable, thought Martha as she smiled to herself in pure pride.

“Nothing much. Just drawing for my art class”.

“Aw, that sounds like fun”.

“Yeah, it’s alright”.

“What are you drawing?”

“You and Jacky on your wedding day” she beamed down the phone, “And I told Jessica and Maggie I’m going to be the bridesmaid, and now they’re all jealous of me” she sniggered down the phone; like the cheeky little thing she was.

“Aw” laughed Martha, suddenly remembering the slight hiccup of the not-so-occurring-wedding.

Oh well, thought Martha as she shrugged a little, she’d just have to make things clearer to her when she’d dealt with Lisa. “You make sure you show me that picture when I get home, ok?”

“I will, I promise.”

“Good” she smiled; looking forward to seeing Eli’s take on her and Jacks wedding. “Well, I guess I better leave you too it” she reluctantly added. “You have a good day hun, and remember, the paint goes on the paper, not on the carpet” she smirked.

“I knooow. Mommy’s already told me” she said in a moan, as Martha briefly chuckled to herself; she could tell Eli was rolling her eyes.

“Alright, I’ll see you later cutie. I love you”.

“Love you too. Laters!” exclaimed the little girl, like a typical American school girl.

Martha really had to do something about those TV programmes her sister constantly watched. If ever Elena grew up to be like one of them!

Martha shuddered at the thought as she threw her phone into her bag; the notion didn’t bear thinking about…

Feeling a little more settled about everything, she decided now was the time to face the music.

Strolling down the path towards the house, she took a heavy anxious-filled breath…

…………………………………

While Martha sorted her own friendship dramas out, Jack was on a mission to confront his father…

Preview: While Jack tells Tony some home truths. Martha approaches Lisa. But will she lose her nerve AGAIN!?

Archived