Past or present?

Guest freakybuffy

Which are you favourite?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve bee watching Home and away the early years and it got me comparing H&A now to past episodes mainly on the topics above and it got me thinking about when people most enjoyed watching it and why! So I thought I’d start a poll. These for me are the main reasons for watching the show! So what do you think?...

Sorry I could only pick 3 different categories

For me it's

Teenagers- Past. I love watching Nick/ Jade/ Kirsty and Seb.

Families- Past! I love the Holdens, but i think the Families from the early years have more of a connection, between the characters, like the smiths, sometimes they can’t stand each other, but as soon as something happens to one of them, they stand by them no matter what. Also they talk like a family, which imo we don’t see much of in the present episodes.

Relationships- I love Jack and Martha, but I also love watching Jade and Nick , so i've picked both

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teenagers: Past. I loved in the early days watching Carly & Bobby then later on Emma & Viv, and then Chloe, Sally, Shannon & Selina.

Families: Past. As much as i love Sallys family now, you can't beat the family dynamic there was when the show first started.

Relationships: Present. I was never a die hard fan of any one couple in the past as i have been of Jack and Martha's relationship since they got together so thats why i choose present for this one.

Teenagers- Past. I loved the likes of Will, Dani, Hayley, Noah, Jade, Nick and Brodie (and before them Selina, Tiegan, Justine, Joey and Angel). Compare that to the amount of teenagers in the show i like at the moment;Ric and Matilda and very occasionly Cassie, there's no contest.

Families-Past- The Sutherlands are my all time favourites but also the foster families were great. They just seemed closer and acted more like they were related than they do in present episodes. It's almost like everyone's just mates or flatmates and the family dynamic has disappeared a bit.

Relationships-At the moment past- No one comes close to how much i loved Will and Dani, but there's also been the likes of Selina/Jesse, Nick/Jade, Shane/Angel, Harry/Shauna, Edward/Peta. The only present ones i like are Ric/Matilda (love them together but they don't get anywhere near enough storylines that they deserve) and Jack/Martha and Leah/Dan (not that you'd know they were a couple lately).

Teenagers: Present, really like the some of the teenagers in it today because I cant really remember liking any of the ines in the past :rolleyes:

Families: Past, love the Holdens too but the families in the past were so much better!!! And acted more like families, take the Hunters as an example Beth died and since then none of Matties siblings have called/visited her!

Relationships: Both, because I loved Noah/Hayley and love Ric/Mattie and Jack/Martha! :wub:

^You confuse me. :P Half of the board you post that you love Jack and Martha and then the other half you post that you hate them...

Anyway I picked both for all. There's great elements of family/relationships/teenagers from past and present, and both have some bad ones. Personally I think the past used to pay more attention to detail though.

^You confuse me. :P Half of the board you post that you love Jack and Martha and then the other half you post that you hate them...

I have a hate/love relationship with them :P

EDIT: Just felt like explaining that. In Norway J&M are still friends and I like it that way. I loved them before they got divorced, because after that it just went on a downwards spiral. Therefore the hate/love relationship

Teenagers: Both, there is the odd couple in it now that I love so I had to choose both although there are loads from the past I do prefer.

Families: It's all about the past, there just isn't families anymore. I remember the days when Irene had her only little adoptive family which she lacks now, and that is one of the things i love all those scenes with Irene and the kids at the beach house.

Relationships: Had to go with the past again, as you had the likes of Robbie and Tasha, Hayley and Noah, Kirsty and Kane etc!

Archived