Kate Ritchie

Guest Zetti

Katie Ritchie claims she will miss playing the role of Sally Fletcher in Home And Away.

Ritchie said that her character has become a "best friend" to her over the years and that she has found it hard to leave the show she has grown up with.

She told The Sun: "She's my best friend. I didn't really realise how much I'd miss her until I decided to leave. I can't pretend to be her anymore.

"I’m really going to miss the show. It’s all I have done my whole life so I have grown up with it."

The actress has appeared in the Aussie soap for 20 years, but filmed her final scenes last week. Her exit will screened in the UK next Spring.

The soap star claims her proudest moment on the show came filming the death scenes of her onscreen husband Flynn.

She commented: "Those scenes were very challenging and we really had something to sink our teeth into.

"I’m very proud of those scenes and I know they meant something to a lot of viewers too."

Credit to DigitalSpy/

She was also on Sunrise this morning. They had a camera on set for the filming of her final scenes. Kate said she finishes at 8pm tonight so had a full 12 hour day ahead of her, but will be on screen until the first week of April. She was trying so hard not to cry as she said thanks to all the fans. It was so sad! :(

I watched her speech from the 'Caravan Park house' earlier, and got a bit teary. I'm so happy for her though and i'm sure she's going to go on to do even more fantastic things! While me and other fans around the world will miss 'Sally' lighting up our screens every night, i'm sure I can say on behalf of everyone here...thank you Kate for 20 amazing years and all the best with your next adventure!

I will be really sad when she leaves :( She might not be my favourite character, but she has always been there. And Kate is the only person that I always cry with. When she cries, I cry. Especially during Flynn's funeral :( I don't think that I have been crying so much because of an episode like I did then, and it was all thanks to Kate's brilliant act :D

So you will be deeply missed when you leave our screens Kate! :)

The interview with Kate was so sad i actually cried, i know this sounds silly but losing Kate from the show almost feels like losing a friend, she has always just been there :(

I wish Kate good luck and i'm sure she will have great success in whatever she goes on to do. Thanks for the memories Kate, you will be sorely missed.

Archived