Love Has Arrived

Guest valli

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I am so sick of this fic that I'm just going to Vault it and move on! :ph34r:

:P

Enjoy! :D

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 22. A proposal and a disaster

Jack had never been this nervous before. His palms were sweat and his knees were shaking. What if she said no? That thought had been playing around in his head for the last couple of days. What if she said no? What was he going to do if she said no? Everything would be different if she said no. He picked up the box with the ring in, which was laying on the table in front of him, and opened it. He had spent three hours deciding which ring he was going to buy. He just hoped that she would like it. But what if she said no? What if… The thought didn’t go any further before he heard the doorbell and he ran to open. Outside stood a wet, but smiling Martha. She was wearing a red dress with flowers on. Her stomach was showing and inside lay what was going to be Jack’s firstborn. And Martha’s too. He let her in and picked up a towel for her. She wiped away the worst, but she was still wet.

“Hi,” was all Jack managed to get out.

“Why are you so nervous? It’s just a normal dinner. And I don’t think there’s going to be any mice this time,” she giggled. Jack giggled too, but inside he felt like the content of his stomach was on its way up. He led her to her chair and she sat down. She noticed that his hands were shaking.

“Jack, seriously, is something wrong?”

“No, no, no. Everything’s fine, just fine,” he said and bumped into the table, so he felt an instant pain in his leg.

“Jack, are you alright?” Martha asked and got up.

“Yeah, I’m fine. You just sit down and relax.”

Jack smiled a very fake smile before he practically ran into the kitchen.

Jack, you need to pull yourself together. The sooner you ask the better.’

With this in the back of his head, he went back in to the living room where Martha was waiting.

“Okay, now you’re scaring me. What’s wrong?” she asked when he stopped by her chair.

“I’ve got something I want to ask you…”

He went down on one knee and pulled out the ring. Martha was in shock and was able to say a word.

“Martha, would you do me the great honour of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?”

Martha sat motionless on her chair. The only sound they could hear was the sound of the rain outside. When Martha wasn’t saying anything, Jack could feel his heart beating faster. She was going to say no. He just knew it. Why had he been so stupid?! Finally Martha managed to say something.

“Jack, are you sure that you’re asking for the right reasons?”

Jack was taken aback by this slightly unusual question.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, it’s just that it feels like you’re only asking because we’re having a baby together.”

Even if the situation was serious and laughter was the last thing you’d expect in a situation like that, laughter was still the only emotion Jack could express after a statement like that.

“Do you really think that I’m asking for the wrong reasons? I’ve wanted to marry you since the day I laid eyes on you. Now just seemed like the time to ask.”

Martha smiled.

“Then in that case: Yes, of course I’ll marry you.”

“Why?! Why won’t you marry me? I mean, we’re already having a baby together, why not marriage as well?!”

Martha looked confused at him.

“Jack, I said yes.”

“Oh. Oh!”

Suddenly realising what Martha was saying, Jack almost jumped up from the floor and lifted Martha and spun her around. Martha was laughing, but at the same time desperately trying to hold on to Jack, so she wouldn’t fall.

“We’re getting married!” he screamed as loud as he could, so Martha wanted to cover her ears, but she was afraid that he’d drop her if she let go of him.

“We’re not if I fall,” she giggled nervously. Jack smiled and slowly let her slip down, and when her face came close enough, he kissed her.

I love you so much,” he whispered before he kissed her again.

“Can I stay tonight?”

“Of course you can.”

The next day Jack woke up with Martha sleeping on his arm. He kissed her forehead before he looked at his watch. His eyes widened when he realised what time it was. They were running very late, and they had an excursion that day, so it was important to be on time.

“Martha, we’re late. We have to run,” he said and moved his hand, so Martha’s head fell down on the pillow and she let out a grunt.

“Where’s the fire?” she said and yawned.

“We’re late,” Jack said and searched his closet for clean sweaters.

“Coming,” Martha said and rolled over on the side and picked up her pants that were lying on the floor. Ten minutes later they were ready.

“Okay class, calm down,” Mr. Beckley said and tried to count the class. The yellow bus was waiting a few meters ahead and Jack wanted to get a good seat. He held Martha, who looked like she was about to fall asleep, close to his body. When Mr. Beckley was done trying to count them, he let them in on the bus, where they sat down and waited for about 5 minutes before they started driving.

After 20 minutes with looking out of the window with a sleeping Martha next to him, Jack was getting bored. He wished something would happen. That was a wish he was going to regret for the rest of his life…

Suddenly the bus started swinging to the right, so Martha fell down on Jack’s lap.

“What’s going on?”

“I’ve lost control of the bus! Hang on!” the driver yelled and Jack put his arms around Martha to protect her. The bus went off the road and was driving fast down, toward two threes. Jack realised with fear that if the driver couldn’t get the bus to stop, they would crash. The threes came closer.

Oh God,” Martha whispered and clung onto Jack. She got a quick look behind and saw Sarah clinging onto her seat. Jack prayed that this wasn’t going to be his last minutes just as the bus hit the threes the front was smashed in and Jack watched as the driver was squeezed between his seat and the front and with horror realised that the same was going to happen to him unless the bus stopped, which was highly unlikely…

Preview: Sorry guys, no preview this time :P

Okay, I am so sick of this fic that I'm just going to Vault it and move on!

No you won't! We won't let you!

“Do you really think that I’m asking for the wrong reasons? I’ve wanted to marry you since the day I laid eyes on you. Now just seemed like the time to ask.”

Martha smiled.

“Then in that case: Yes, of course I’ll marry you.”

“Why?! Why won’t you marry me? I mean, we’re already having a baby together, why not marriage as well?!”

Martha looked confused at him.

“Jack, I said yes.”

“Oh. Oh!”

:lol: That was my favourite part. He was so nervous but he was still so sweet. :wub: He was so sure she would say no that he misunderstood her. :rolleyes: They are engaged and having a baby! :wub:

:o No preview! Hope Jack, Martha, the baby and Sarah will be fine.

Please update soon.

Archived