You Look, But You Don't See

Guest pamy

Yay, an update! :D

I think I laughed my way through this chapter :lol: The point that the teacher is trying to make is important, but you make it funny with the way you write. Not that it's a bad thing! Your writing is really good. What I meant, is that by making things funny, more people will get the point, even if they don't know it. Okay, did that make any sense?

Jack seems like a really nice guy, hope he discovers Martha soon :D

Kim is, well, he's Kim :rolleyes:

More please!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, sorry, sorry for not updating. But i've had a lot of school work and right now exams. But I have some time and I thougth to post a couple of chapters

Chapter 6: the truth hurts

'I'm going to make you talk to each other. Make you realize that these groups are stupid. That it's wrong to judge a person by what he or she owns or does for sport. And you will talk to each other. That is if you want to pass this class next year. And you will have to pass it if you want to graduate. It's actually simple. Next year you will have to work in groups, just like this year, but unlike this year. I will choose the groups. You will have to work together, trust each other and know each other. And that's what today's class is all about. Get to know your new partner. Leave the class and talk. The instructions are on the papers at the door. Oh and if you don't do this I will give you detention. And trust me you won't like my detention.'

'Robbie and Tasha. Cathy and Brooke. Frank and Julie. Kim and Carla. Jack and Martha.' I look up, Jack's faster then me, he's already at the door waiting for me. I walk right past him, I don't want to talk to him. For months his smile chased away the nightmares. But he doesn't know a single thing about me. I already knew this, but for some reason it hurts more today.

'Martha wait.' I stop walking, next to my locker. I turn around to face Jack. 'Come on. Look, I'm really sorry ok? Let's just do this, we have to work together.' 'Do we? You didn't really realize it did you? The teacher is telling the truth.' 'Yeah I guess, but he's exagarating a bit don't you think?' I laugh. 'Is he? Jack how long have I been in Summer Bay?' 'I don't know. A month?' 'Three months Jack. I've been in this town for three months. I've sit next to you every day Jack. How many times have you talked to me?' He looks at me. He says nothing. 'I'll tell you. Once. The first day I was here, on the beach.' I sigh and look away. 'The truth is you don't care, you never have and you never will. You only care about yourself and your friends. What makes you think One class will change all that? I'll tell you nothing will change. YOu'll get trough this stupid class and go on with your life. And I won't exist anymore. And that's the truth, hurts doesn't it.' I turn around and walk away. I stop when I reach the door. 'Oh and my last name is Mackanzie. In case you were interested.' I turn around and walk away. Leaving him there, he doesn't say anything. He doesn't move.

Robbie and Tasha are sitting in the cafeteria. She's sitting on the table, he's sitting in the chair next to it. He's looking at the ceiling, she's staring at the floor. The silence hangs in the air, it's almost heavy. She breaks it. 'You called me a cheerleader.' 'Well you are arn't you?' 'That's not all I am. You can't define me in one word.' 'Well the teacher told me to. And it's the only description I know about you. How would you have described me?' 'I don't know you.' 'I know you.' 'You do?' 'Yeah. You're Natasha Andrews. Head of the cheerleading squad. You've got a lot of friends, Brooke is your best friend and you like to hang out with Jack. You live at the beach house with Irene, you have a brother who lives in the city. Dylan. You own part of the diner. And I can go on. You wanna know how I know you? Because everybody does. You're popular, Beautiful. In short you're important and I'm not. Who am I tasha?' 'You're Robbie Hunter. You're Beth son. You have two siblings, twins Henry and Matilda. You have no father and you euhm you hang out with Cathy and the new girl.' 'Martha. And it's 4 not 2.' 'Sorry?' 'I have 4 siblings. And why do I have no father tasha?' Nothing. Not a word. 'You see, you don't know a single thing about me. I don't matter to you. Never have, never will.' He looks back up at the ceiling. Tasha wants to say something, but not knowing what to say, she stares at the floor once more.

Kim is standing in the hall staring at his watch. God this class is going to last forever. He hears footsteps and sees Carla arrive next to him. He turns his back to her. 'Come on Kim. We have to do this.' 'Really? Get away from me you bitch.' He pushes her aside and walks away. She follows him. 'You're acting like the bigest jerk on the planet. Idiot.' He stops and looks at her. 'WHat did you just call me?' 'Idiot.' She had never dared to talk to him like this. But enough was enough. 'We have to do this. Because I want to graduate and I'm sure you do to.' 'Well I'm not working with you. Bitch.' 'Stop! what did I ever do to you.' 'You're kiding right? Do I really need to spill it out to you?' 'Come on that was three years ago. Nobody even remembers.' 'I remember.' 'It was a stupid mistake. I apolagised and accepted you insults but you're going to far!' He grabs her arm and wants to say something. He looks at her, changes his mind lets go and walks away. 'Kim. Kim. Come back. We'll get detention.' 'I don't care.' If they have to work together they will fale. And next year will be hell on earth. But right now he doesn't care.

and the next one to.

Chapter 7: Getting to know you

He finds her in the gym sitting on the ground. He had never really looked at her or payed atention to her. But now he did, she was beautiful. And she seemed so broken. He wanted to to say something, to make things better, but had no idea what to say to her. He sighed and looked at his instructions. 'Get to know each other. Tell your partner about your family, friends and something that hurts. Someting personal. Talk about the meaning of love, friendsip and family.' How were they going to do this, how were they going to work together next year, if she wouldn't talk to him now. Suddenly he smiles he has an idea, a stupid one, but it might work.

She was sitting in the gym. She's not really sure why she was there. Maybe it was because it was his world. And she wanted to be a part of it. But she never would be. He didn't care. He seemed nice, he probably was nice. But he didn't care about anyone, but his friends. Did he? A memory of her old school suddenly came to her. Her friends, her family. Tears welt up in her eyes. She shook her head. No, no tears. Not anymore. She needed to live. A basket ball suddenly hit her legs softly. She looked up and saw Jack standing there. He smiled at her. She couldn't help it, even though she was still mad at him, his smile overpowered her. It was almost as if her insides melted. He deserved another change didn't he?

Tasha was still sitting there. She knew he was telling her the truth, she needed to say something. 'You say I don't know you, you're right. But the teacher's also right, we shoudl change it.' She puts the paper with instructions in front of him. His choice. He looks at her, she was being serious. Maybe she was right, maybe the teacher was right. They needed to change things. He wanted to change things. Ever since he met her five years ago he has wanted to know her. So why not take his change? 'Ok. Let's change it.' She smiles, she has a beautiful smile. 'Tell your parnter about your family and friends. Who starts?' She smiles at him. 'You go.'

'Ok. I have 4 siblings. Matilda and Henry are younger then me. Scott and Kit are older. I have 3 steph sisters, but my mum and steph father divorced like a year ago. I also have a step nephew, he's like another little brother to me. My dad died a couple of years ago, he had an hearth attack. You?' She smiles at him. 'My parents died in a fire when I was 11. I came to live with Irene and she's like a mother to me. I'm adopted so I went to look for my real family. I found out my mum was crazy and well dead. My dad was a jerk and I have an older brother. Dylan. And I had a grandmother but she died a couple of months ago.' He smiled it was a start.

Martha was standing in front of Jack holding the ball. She couldn't believe him, was he for real. This was stupid not to mention ridiculus. 'You're joking right?' He laughed. 'Nope. I'm for real. Look you wanted to be a part of your world, you deserve to be a part of it. This is a big part of my world.' She looked at the ball in her hands. 'Basket Ball. You want to play basket ball?' 'Not entiarly. But I want to play a game. We have a ball, we trow it at the hoop. Ever time the ball goes trough it the other one has to answer one of the questions. Tell us something. Deal?' She hesitates, she wasn't great at ball sports. 'Come on what's the worse that could possibly happen?' She smiles. 'All right? Why not?'

He walked to her and took the ball out of her hands. And trows it. Goal. She looks at the instructions. Family. Oh no. 'I have 3 brothers. George, the oldest one, is a doctor. Kind off. And then there's Macca, who's an engenier. And then there's Jimmy, who's a couple of years younger then me. My parents died in a car crash 3 months ago. Jimmy went to my grandmoter and I came to live here.' 'But why here? Why's your brother there?' 'I thought it was just one thing per goal.' He smiles and bounces the ball to her. She grabs it and trows it at the hoop. It didn't even go near. 'You call that scoring?' She turend to face him and saw him smile. She grabs the ball and trows it at him. She realizes that she's smiling to. She was having fun with Jack Holden. Who would have ever thought?

Tasha was lying on the table. She was laughing so hard tears were rolling down her cheeks. Robbie was also laughing. Tasha stopped (at least tried) and sat up. 'YOu'r crazy, you know that?' 'I've been told.' 'OK. But a cokrauch attracker I mean why?' 'Don't know. Seemed like a good idea at the time.' She laughed again. 'Did I tell you about the trap I mad?' No.' 'Well. I decided to trap an animal in the woods. And well I made this trap.' She smiled and shook her head. Unbelievable. 'Hey. Might I add it's one of my first inventions that actually worked. I trapped something in it. Unfortanitly for me I trapped myself in it.' She laughed, she wasn't laughing with him. But he was funny. And crazy.

She trew another ball at the ring, and missed again. They had been playing for 30 minutes now. She hadn't gotten one single ball in. Just 1 ball, how difficult could that be? Apperently verry difficult. For her anyway. He had gotten all the balls in he trew. But that's why he was the star player on the basket ball team. The resolt of that was that Martha had been answering all the questions, and he knew a lot about her. But she knew nothing about him. Or actually she did. Maybe that was his plan. To get to know her better. She had learned something. He was verry nice, just like she had always thought. He wasn't like Kim at all.

Tasha and Robbie had left the cafetaria behind. There walking on the school grounds now. 'And over there I attacked a teacher.' 'You attacked a teacher?' 'Yeah, in my first week here. I had a lot of problems with autority. Anyway I was kinda jumpy and the teacher was screaming at my friend. Max. And I freaked and I attacked her.' Robbie laughed. 'Well apperently I'm not the only one who's crazy. God, I never would've guessed.' He suddenly laughed. 'Ok. You see that tree over there? I fell out of that tree.' 'You fell out of the tree? Why?' 'The question you should be asking is not why did I fell out of it. You should be asking me why I was in it in the first place.' Tasha looked at him. 'I'm not asking that?' 'Why not?' 'Because I don't think I want to know.' She laughed at him. He laughed to.

Martha and Jack were sitting down in the gym. They gave up the game a couple of minutes ago. Probably because Martha got sick of not being able to score. So now they were sitting down. 'So you're here because your parents died and you grandparents are the biggest jerks on the planet? I think they even outjerk Kim.' Martha smiled. 'What?' 'Outjerked?' He started to laugh. God, he has a beautiful smile. She stopped smiling. She couldn't believe she was happy, having fun. Her parents weren't even dead for three months and here she was laughing. He jumped up. 'You should do that more often, you know.' 'Do what more often?' 'Smile.' 'I smile.' 'No, it's just you have this sad look in your eyes. Now I know why, but still. Plus you look a lot better when you smile.' 'Thanks.' She looked around. 'How do you do it?' 'What smile? It's really not that difficult you see...' She laughed. They laughed. 'No. Score in basket ball. How?' He smiled at her and looked at the ring behind him.

'Come here.' 'What?' 'Come here. Come on. Look if you don't come over here I will go and get you?' 'Fine.' Tasha walked over to Robbie. He had climbed up a tree on the side of the grounds. And now he wanted her to climb up there with him. She wasn't afraid of hights or to climb in a tree. But after everything that he had told her (all the accidents that had happened to him) she really didn't wanted to climb in the tree with him. This could only end in an accident. He put out his hand anyway. 'Come on.' Well she had been trough worse things then falling of a tree right? She took his hand and climbed up the tree. 'Now what did you wanted to show me?' 'Look.' He pointed at a brandh of the tree. 'Oh. Little bridies. So cute.' He smiled. 'How did you know?' 'I'm Robbie Hunter. I know everything.' She wanted to get closer but that went really bad. She fell backwards he tried to help her but that went even worse. 'AAAh!!!' Tasha found herself on the ground under the tree. With Robbie on top of her. Both laughing like hell.

Jack and Martha were standing in the middle of the gym again. He was trying to teach her to score. 'Ok take the ball, focus and trow it.' And she did. And it didn't even go close. 'Give it up Jack. I'll never get one in.' 'Yeah you will. I'll teach you, if it's the last thing I do. Wich I hope it's not. I'll try it differently. Take the ball again.' She picked up the ball and walked back to where she was standing before. She suddenly felt Jack behind her. 'What are you doing.' 'Just take the ball and face the ring.' She did that. 'Ok. Now put up the ball and duck a little.' 'OK.' He put his hands on hers. She suddenly felt her heart beat faster. 'Now trow.' And they did. 'Ya!!!! I got it in.' She jumped up. He laughed. 'Congratulations. I have a little brother Lucas. My dad, well you know him. My mom died when I was a little kid. Euhm, My best friend is Kim Hyde.' 'Why?' 'You know I wonder that sometimes. But I've been friends with him for as long as I can remember. And you know he's not always like this. Just 99 % of the time. But he can be nice. I just wish he would show it more often.' riiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng They looked up. The end of the class already. She couldn't believe it she had so much fun with him. She just hoped he wouldn't forget it by tomorow.

Jack’s a really sweet guy :wub: He takes care of Martha and he’s nothing like Kim. Kim’s a jerk <_< Even when it comes to important things like exams and graduation, he still acts like a jerk and doesn’t care. While Jack on the other hand, tries to find out things about Martha and she enjoys herself. I’m sensing a possible relationship here :wink:

Tasha is like a different person when she is with Robbie :o He makes her laugh ^_^ Well, it’s been said (I think) that a person you like make you show your true colours. I think that can be said to be true.

Great two chapters. You write really well and describe things so a reader can compare themselves to the characters.

More please!

Kim is a jerk. :angry: He could be a bit nicer. Is that too much to ask? Even his best friend thinks he's bad 99% of the time. I wonder why Jack still wants to be his friend if Kim's like that. :unsure:

Martha & Jack and Tasha & Robbie are getting to know each other. Although it wasn't really working out at first, they made some progress. They're definitely getting closer. Maybe they'll start dating each other in the next few chapters. :unsure:

Please update soon.

Chapter 8: end of schoolyear

Two weeks have passed since that remarkable class. Not much seems to have changed. But maybe it has something to do with the fact that it has been exams for a couple of weeks. So there really wasn't time for anything. I haven't seen him, because of all the studying. But that changes today. Because today we find out how we did.

I'm not expecting to much. I've had a rough year, I'm sure the school realises that. But I found that studying took my mind of things. It gave me no time to think of my parents. Of my family, of my home. But that doesn't mean I had no time to think of Jack. I always think of Jack.

'Hey!' Tash appeared next to Robbie. 'Hey.' He looked at her bewildered. 'Is something wrong?' 'No. It's just, I didn't...' 'You didn't expected me to talk to you? Sorry but I had to study. So, how do you think you did?' 'well I think I passed most subjects. Only thing I'm really worried about is well math.' 'Well duh, who isn't?' 'You?' 'I'll tell you when I find out.' He smiled at her. 'I'm sure you'll do great.' 'Thanks. Oh, Brooke wait up. Euhm...' 'Go. I saw Martha anyway.' 'OK.' He looked at her as she ran away. It wasn't as if they were great friends yet. But it was a start.

Martha was sitting under the tree. Waiting. Robbie would be here in about ten minutes. She looked up as she heard somebody approach. 'Hey.' 'Jack. Hey.' 'Can I sit down? Or is this forbidden teretory.' 'No. No. Sit.' 'So, what do you think?' 'Not even a clue.' 'Well then you know more then I do. I swear I failed everything, but in the words of my father I say that every year. In fact I have never failed anything.' Martha smiled. 'What's that?' 'This?' Jack took showed her what he was holding. 'The skateboard I got today.' 'Your father gave you a skate board?' 'No. My grandmother did.' 'You're grandmother.' Martha burst out laughing. 'Sorry.' He's laughing to. 'Yeah. But the thing is I hate skateboards and I have no idea what to do with it.' 'Holden!' 'Oh great. That would be Kim.' 'Go.' 'YOu sure?' 'Yeah.'

Robbie and Martha are sitting outside his house. Carla and Cathy already left. Cathy to move to the city, Carla because she's going on a trip. To Europe. Now Robbie had nobody to hang out with. Everybody was going somewhere. 'Martha!' Martha turned around. 'Jack.' Robbie looked at Martha and saw her smile. He hadn't seen her do that a lot. 'So how did you do?' 'Passed everything.' 'Congratulations. As did I, of course. And you, Robbie right?' 'Yeah. I passed almost everything. I maneged to fail english.' Jack smiled. 'I'm sorry how do you fail english?' 'Tasha. Well you don't study.' 'Well that's stupid. For the ones that care I passed.' 'congratulations. So anyone wanne celabrate?' 'I thought you'de be going with Kim.' 'Nope, not really. He just left on a trip to New Zeeland for that summer.' 'Alright. I'm going,' answered tasha 'YOu two coming?' She smiled at Robbie. 'Alright, I'll come.' Jack put out his hand and pulled up martha. 'Let's go!'

'So Tasha what you doing this summer?' They were sitting in Noah's bar. Robbie was sitting next to tasha on the couch. Jack and Martha were sitting at her other side. 'Well. I'm going on a holiday. For two weeks and then I'm coming back. To have fun here. You Robbie.' 'Nothing. I'm staying here in summer bay. Boring he.' 'Relax, You ain't alone.' Jack smiled at him. Robbie smiled back. In the course of the past houre he had discovered that Jack could actually be a good friend. If Kim didn't get involved of course. 'What about you Martha.' 'I'm going to my brothers. It took a lot of convincing but my grandparenst agreed. Finally.' 'alright. A toast to us, for pasing and the best summer ever!' They all picked up there soda's (of course!) and toasted.

Martha walked into her room. Her bags were packed. Her ticket for the bus was lying on the table next to the bed. She sat down and picked up her teddy. She looked at the pictures next to her bed. SOmething had changed tonight. Jack was her friend.She knew it. Actually it was more like she hoped it. She hoped it with all her hearth. She lied down in her bed. She would get up early tomorow to take the bus. She closed her eyes and as usual she saw Jack's smile. And she smiled to.

Tasha looked in the mirror. She had fun tonight, more then she had had with the cheerleaders in a long time. Jack was a very good friend. Robbie was crazy and very funny. Martha was very nice, a bit held back, but she could be a good friend to. She lied down in her bed. Why did it take a stupid class for them to realise that there could be other people in their group that they would like?

Jack closed the door of his room. He found himself thinking of Martha. She was a nice girl, she would be a really good friend. And she had a beautiful smile. If she smiled, she didn't do it a lot, but when she did it was beautiful. He sat down. Robbie was verry fun to. He would make sure the next day he would hang out with him. He was different then Kim. He knew everybody wondered why Kim was his best friend, but he knew a side of Kim noone else knew. It was the side that cried when his mother died. The side that helped him when he hurt his leg. But Robbie would be a different kind of friend. He hoped. Just like Martha would be. Right?

Robbie turned around in his bed. Jack was a nice dude, and so not like Kim. He could see why Martha liked him. More then liked him. He closed his eyes and thought of Tasha. She was beautiful and nice. And she wanted to be his friend. Could he want more?

Jack walked to Robbie. 'Hey mate, what are you doing here?' 'Waving.' 'Because?' 'Martha's on that bus. In the back see.' 'Oh yeah.' Jack smiled and put up his hand and smiled. 'Hey can I ask you something.' 'Sure.' 'Do you like skateboards?' 'Yeah.' 'You want one?' 'What?' 'Here.' Jack handed him his skateboard. 'I don't want it. I hate skateboarding, and it's better then that it would just be lying around the house.' 'No, come on.' 'take it. No arguments.'

Martha found herself sitting in a full bus again. Just like a couple of months ago. But everything was different now. Jack had come to wave her goodbye. She smiled. She looked out the window and passed the sign wich read: You are now leaving summer bay. Have a nice day. Hope you come back soon. yeah she would come back soon. Somehow summer bay had become her home. And jack was there.

Archived