You Look, But You Don't See

Guest pamy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry it took so long.

Chapter 3: Maybe

She was still standing at the beach staring at the ocean. Wondering if she would ever feel alright again. Wondering if she would ever feel like she was home again. Wondering if she would ever see her brothers and her friends again. She saw some guys surf in the distance. She had never surfed in her life. Maybe she could try that out. Maybe.

A ball suddenly hit the back of her head. It hurt like hell. Because of the sudden blast she fell on the sand. Tears appeared in her eyes. What the hell. She heard a guy approach her and pick up the ball. 'Hey stupid girl, watch out will you. Don't stand in my way. Stupid girl.' He turned around and walked away.

She couldn't believe it. What a jerk, he trew a ball against her head, but it was her fault. She would have said something back, but it still hurted. She turned around and try to get up. Somebody sat down beside her. 'Hey, you alright?' 'Yeah. It's ok.' He laughed. 'Please don't pay atention to him. He's a complete jerk.' He put out his hand and helped her up. 'Hey, Holden. Get over her already. Forget about her.' He turned around very anoyed. 'Yeah yeah I'm coming.'

He turned back to her and smiled. 'You ok?' 'Yeah.' 'You sure, you don't need me to get anything. A docter, water, ice?' 'No, thank you I'll be ok. Go to your friends.' 'Alright. If your sure?' She smiled and noded. He smiled back at her and ran to his friends. She smiled, he had a beautiful smile. And he had been worried about her. But who was he?

'Hey!' another voice caught her atention. She turned around to face another guy that was coming her way. He seemed nice, nicer than the first guy she saw. But he didn't have the same smile as the mystery boy. 'You ok?' 'Yeah. You saw that.?' 'Yeah. Don't pay atention to them. Jerks. They think because there the jocks and popular, they can do anything they want.' Martha smiled. 'The guy who helped me didn't seem so bad.' He laughed. 'No, he's not so bad. Just don't expect him to talk to you. The other one wont let him talk to us.' 'Us?' 'the outcasts.' 'What makes you think that's who I will be?' 'You just pissed Kim Hyde of. You've go no chances.'

Martha started to laugh. She hadn't laughed in a long time. She turned back to the ocean, as if she wanted to get away from the guy. Away from happiness. She didn't wanted to meet new people, she didn't wanted them to make her forget her friends. But then she realized that she would probably be here a long time. And he seemed nice. Nice enough.

'I'm Martha. Martha Mackenzie.' He smiled. 'Robbie Hunter. You want me to show you the town?' 'Sure, why not.' She followed him while he showed her the entier town. The house he lived in with his three siblings. Ironicly enough he lived next to Jack Holden. The boy who had helped her. He showed her the caravan park, Leah's hous, Noah's bar, the gym and everything else. And everything he said made her smile. He was crazy, but maybe crazy was what she needed. Maybe she needed to laugh.

She closed the door of the bedroom. Her bedroom. She looked around. It didn't look like her bedroom. Her bedroom had been much bigger. But she could get used to it. Maybe change was what she needed to get over her parents dead. She looked at the table next to the bed. There were three pictures on it. One was of her brothers, one of her parents. And one of all of them together and their dog. She wondered what had happened to him. Her grandparents didn't like dogs. But her brother loved that dog. Maybe they would let him live. Just to keep him happy. But if they would want to do that, they would have let her stay. Unless her brother didn't wanted him anymore. No, she couldn't think like that.

She lied down and turned of the light. She grabbed a hold of her teddy and closed her eyes. She had to sleep, but everytime she closed her eyes she saw her parents. Her life. She opened her eyes again. It had been like this every time. She turned around and looked at the pictures. She closed her eyes again. She sat up. It was different, something had changed. She smiled. She was thinking of him. The boy with the golden smile. Jack Hunter. Maybe he was enough to chase away the ghost. Maybe he was enough to chase away the nightmares.

She lied down and closed her eyes again. Maybe he would get rid of the nightmares, eventually. Even if he never talked to her.

Chapter 4: High school

High schools are like little worlds. You have the leaders, the ones with money, the ones with a job, the popular ones and the nobodys. In every high school there are the jocks and the cheerleaders, who believe they own the world. They have no compation and no feelings for everyone else. Everybody knows who they are, but they don't know anything about anybody else. There are ecaptions of course, but not a lot. There are the ones with money to whom everybody is nice, just so they can get something from them. And then there are the nobody's. The invicible ones.

Summer bay high was no different then any other high school. I've been going here for a couple of months, three to be exact. It's the end of the school year and I still haven't gotten used to it. But it only took me a week to know everything there was to now. There are the jocks, the students who play in the football team. Tony Holden, who is very nice by the way, coaches the team.

There's Kim Hyde, if you can avoid to come in contact with him do it. I never had a chance, he's still mad at me. It seems ilogical to me. He's mad because he trow a ball at me, while I was standing with my back to him. It's not logical, but that doesn't seem to matter. Then there's Jack Holden. The boy with the golden smile. The one who saved me. He chases the nightmares away every night. But he doesn't know who I am. He's nice to everyone but that's it. He doesn't even know my name.

Then there are the cheerleaders. There's Tasha, who seems very nice. Robbie seems to have a crush on her. But she doesn't know he exist. Then there's Brooke. She is a friend of Tasha and Kim's girlfriend. She seems nice but that's about it. She doesn't speak to anyone, I doubt she knows I exist. But I know everything about her. Then there's Carla. She's a friend of me. She's also a cheerleader but she's a nobody.

She used to be one of the popular kids. But somehow she got to be a nobody. The only thing that's left of her popularity is that she's stil a cheerleader. I don't know if she'll still be last year. Kim hates her. Jack and Tasha are still nice to her, but not to much. Kim is Jack's best friend after all. Then there's also Cathy. Cathy is a good friend of me. She's a nobody. She's in the drama club and loves to draw. Her mother's dead and her father is a cop.

That's what I like so much about Cathy she understands me. She lost one of her parents to. I lost both but still she understands. The only problem is she's moving away next year. She's going to yabbie creek. And she won't come to school anymore. It doesn't really matter. We'll still be friends, she just wont come to my school anymore. And then there's Robbie, he's simply nuts. He makes us laugh, but he's an even bigger nobody then any of us. He lives next to Jack, but Jack doesn't even know his name. That's my high school.

The end of the year is coming nearer but Jack has never even talked to me. The ringing bell brings me back to reality. Time for a new class. Robbie smiles at me, I told him about my parents but just like Cathy and Carla he's completely understanding. He doesn't ask anything, he doesn't mention them. Only when I mention them he talks about them. I like that. Jack smiles at me when I walk past him, but that's about it. I sit down, the teacher tried to stop people from talking to each other so he sat everyone trough each other.

The irony is that I sit next to Jack and behind Tasha. And neither of them knows who I am. Everyone looks at the blackboard. The teacher has written one sentence on it. This is the class that will change your life. Everyone starts to laugh. I smile the class that will change my life? I doubt it. Nobody could bring my parents back or make my grandparents want me. And nothing could make Jack notice me or Tasha notice Robbie. Or could it?

Great chapter!

I loved the way you explained how a high school works. I hate that it is like that.

It’s great that she has made some friends(and of course they are nobodys, because they appear to be the only ones who talkes to the new students, unless they have a lot of money or are famous in some way)

The teacher is right with what he wrote on the blackboard. One class can change your life, it could be for the worse, but also for the better.

I don’t like Kim. He’s self-sentered and only cares about himself. He somehow reminds me of Sam :blink:

More please!

Nice chapters!

Martha made friends. It doens't matter if they're nobodys, they seem really nice.

Martha has a crush on Jack. But who wouldn't? :D

Jack will notice her someday, right? Maybe she should talk to him?

I don't like Kim. You're supposed to say sorry when you hit someone with a ball and not yell at them! :angry:

Robbie has a crush on Tash. Maybe they should get together too.

More please...

good writing.. love how you explained high school, it's really true... dont worry Martha theres a real world out there after high school (for some of us who are like Kim thats not a good thing) lol! I love how Jack is nice but still popular, I bet this class really will CHANGE their lives.

Chapter 5: one class

Everyone is still looking at the sentence on the board. Some of them are talking among each other, most are thinking about the sentence. The teacher isn't there yet. Neither is Kim. But nobody's really surprised. The day Kim Hyde is on time, is the day the world is ending. I look at Robbie, who makes me and Cathy laugh. As usual.

10 minutes pass and the teacher hasn't arrived yet. Nobody really minds (we have him for like two hours.) Kim suddenly walks in. It's a historic moment, not the end of the world, but it only happens once a year. Kim Hyde arrives before the teacher. It's unbelievable, but it happens. Kim walks to his seet wich is two rows behind me.

He passes by my desk and trows the papers on my desk and my book on the floor. He did it on my purpose, I know he did. But somehow it's just like with the ball thing ont he beach. It's my fault. 'Watch what you're doing, stupid girl.' and I, I say nothing. It didn't take me long to realize that it's better to ignore Kim then to make him mad at you. Kim sits down in his chair without looking at me.

Jack looks at his best friend and sighs. Sometimes I wonder why he hangs out with him. Is it because he's as bad as Kim? Or does he know something that I don't know? Maybe Kim has another side that nobody else has seen. It seems unlikely but I guess it's possible. Jack proves he's nothing like Kim when he gets of his chair ducks and picks everything up that Kim trew on the floor. He smiles at me, before I can say anything the teacher walks in. He looks at the board then to the class and he smiles.

'Alright, good morning everyone. I want to start with the apolagy that I'm late. And go on with the porpuse of my class today. In the begining of the school year, most of you will remember, I treid to get you to interact with each other. I tried that by putting you next to a person you don't know, hoping (vain hope as it now would seem) that you would get to know other people. It didn't work. So I'm gonna try it this way. The point I've been trying to make clear for a year now is this. You don't know anything about each other. Sorry, I'm wrong. The ones of you that are popular or rich don't know anybody besides the people in their group. The ones unfortunate enough not to be in that group now everything about the popular and/or rich ones. If you're not a part of their group, you don't exist. You don't matter. Maybe their to chicken to change how it is, or maybe they really don't care.'

The class sits their in complete silence. This has never happened before.

'The popular and rich between you thing that because you don't play a surten sport or own a lot of money, that there's nothing interesting about you. The ones who don't believe this are, as I have pointed out before, to chicken to change a thing. To talk to other people, the uncool. The other ones don't dare to talk to you. They think you're all the same snobs, uncaring, and that they will get in trouble if they do talk to you. But if you would talk to each other you would realize how wrong both sides are. You would find that just because a person is popular or rich he isn't necesarily interesting. And you would find that one doesn't need to be popular to be fun. You could find new friends, who knows maybe even love.'

At those words Kim started to laugh. The teacher ignores him as he usually does.

'But you don't talk to each other. You don't find out. And you stay in this groups, forever. That's the porpuse of my class, to change that. To make you know each other, at least each ohter names.' 'We do know that.' That's Brooke Evans, one of the cheerleaders. She's also Tasha's best friend. The teacher laughs at this comment.

'Do you? Let's have a little test. Jack, Frank and Brooke look to your left. If you know the name of the person that sits to your left raise your hand.' Frank, he's on Jack's team, looks at Cathy and sighs. Nothing. Jack looks at Robbie smiles and raises his hand. Brooke looks to her left. There sits a girl, Julie, she's in the math group. Brooke sighs. Nothing.

'See. The thing about kids in highs school is that appart from grouping up you have terms to identify each other. One word to describe a person. As if you can describe somebody in one word. Robbie describe Tasha in one word.' 'Cheerleader.' 'Carla, Kim in one word.' 'Jerk.' Everybody laughs, Kim however doesn't look to happy. 'Jack Martha in one word.' He looks at me. 'I don't know...Euhm...Nice?' 'Kim, Carla in one word.' 'Slut.' 'See one word to describe a person, even know you know that's not possible. Like I said, the popular ones between you don't know enough about the other ones to give more descriptions.' 'That's not true.' And there goes Brooke again.'Really Miss Evans. You know everybody right. Tell me what's the name of the person who sits at Franks left?' Nothing. Not a word. Brooke looks down at her desk. Kim's the one who answers. 'That's not fair. You can't expect us to know everybody.' 'No, but is it to much to ask , Mr. Hyde, to know the names of the persons in your class? At the verry least?' Silence.

'All right. Let's test your knowledge. Jack, What's Martha's full name.' Jack sighs. 'I don't know, sorry.' 'Robbie, Franks last name.' 'Collin.' 'Tasha, Jack's middle name.' 'Anthonny.' 'And Robbie's last name?' Silence again. 'See, you don't know. Do you see my point. But next year this will change. I'm gonna make sure you will rememberthis class. Because the change will start today. Like it says on the board. This class will change your life.Or at the verry least your life within this school.'

Archived