You Look, But You Don't See

Guest pamy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all like each other. They're going to be great friends. Jack & Martha would be a nice couple. So would Tasha and Robbie. :)

They all passed their exams (except the one who failed English)! :)

Robbie and Jack were both there to wave her goodbye. How sweet! :) I hope Martha comes back really soon.

More please.

Here you go next chapter.

Chapter 9: the first task

Martha walked on the beach. It was the first day of a new year. She had spend the entier summer with her little brother. She returned last night and hadn't seen anyone yet. She wondered if Jack would still be her friend. Oh god she hoped so. She felt better. She felt like she was home.

Jack walked on the school grounds. First days. He hated first days. But he had a great summer, it was the first time he didn't spend it with Kim. He had spent it with Robbie and Tasha. He didn't realize how much fun he was missing out on. He looked around, hoping to see Martha. He saw her sitting under the same tree she was sitting under last year. He smiled.

'Hey. Look what we got here. Who are you again?' Martha looked up at Jack. 'What?' 'Just kidding. How was your summer.' 'Good.' 'I can see that. You're smiling.' She looked away from him. Everytime she saw him her insides melted. 'Anyway I wanted to say hello, but I actually have to go. Before classes start we have to go the gym. I'll see you later.' 'Bey.'

'Hey!' Robbie jumped up behind Tasha. 'aah! Idiot you scared me.' Robbie just laughed. 'Sorry. Hey, have you seen Martha?' 'No. Sorry.' Robbie and Tasha walked onto the grounds talking and laughing. Friends. Kim appeared out of nowhere, like usual. 'What on earth are you doing andrews?' 'Talking? Laughing? What do you care?' Kim sighed and said 'we have to go the gym.' He grabbed her arm and pulled her with him. Tasha turned around and smiled at Robbie. 'Sorry. See ya!' 'Don't worry!' Robbie watched as Kim pulled Tasha away from him, as if he was a disease.

Everyone walked in the class room, not sure wich way to go next. They didn't know where they were sitting this year. 'Good morning class.' The teacher got up from behind his desk. Everyone sit down where you like, just make sure you're sitting beside your partner. Jack sat down in the second row and indicated to the seet next to him. Martha sat down, Robbie and Tash took the two seets in front of them. Kim sat behind Jack, and to his disgust, Carla had to sit beside him.

And the teacher explained again what they were supposed to that year. They were supposed to work together, get to know each other. And they would start inmeadiatly. He explained to them that they had to watch a classic movie (like romeo and juliet, pearl harbor, Hamlet, Sissi,...) And they had to write a easay. Not to say what the movie was about but what they thought about it. They had to work together, discuss it. Martha looked at Jack and smiled. This was going to be a great year. She just knew it.

Martha and Jack walked out of the class room talking. It was the last class of the day, and they were discussing when to do there essay. Tash and Rob were discussing not far from them. They had gotten the movie Hamlet. Tasha was laughing with Robbie cause he had never heart of it. That was just to crazy for words. Martha and Jack had managed to pick Sissi, wich had as a resolt that they had to watch the three movies!!! They didn't think it was fair, but they had to do it.

'Ok. Have you ever seen Sissi Martha?' 'No. I mean I saw it once when I was little but of the three movies I just remember one scene.' 'Wow. Must have been an interessting movie.' 'I was five.' Jack laughed. 'Well that's just my luck.' 'What?' 'Out of all the movies you could get, I had to get a german one. I do not speak german. French ok, spanish maybe but no german.' Martha laughed. 'I do. Ich bin Martha.' Jack looked at her suprised. 'You speak German?' 'No that's pretty much all I can say.' Jack laughed. 'Alright, so I assume you don't have the movies?' 'No. You?' 'No. So I'll go rent them and...' 'Holden!' 'Crap. Hyde. What!' 'What are you doing talking to her for?' Jack looked at Kim and sighed, unbelievable.

Tasha and Robbie had walked away from the class room on their way to the gym. 'Ok. So you've really never heard of Hamlet?' 'No.' 'Tell me you have at least heart of Romeo and Juliet!' 'was that the one with the two rival families?' 'Yes. Thank god. And you know who wrote them?' 'No.' 'Tell me you know who shakespear is!' 'I'm assuming that's the dude who wrote it.' Tasha laughed. 'Tell me you're joking.' 'no I'm being serious.' 'No wonder you failed english last year. Unbeliavable.' Tasha sighed. 'We have to get this movie and romeo and juliet. And shakespear in love. Cause you need to learn who he is, right now. But I have to go to cheerleading practice.' 'There's cheerleading practice?' 'Yep.' Robbie laughed. 'alright, we'll make plans tomorow?' 'Sure.'

'I'm sorry?' 'Why are you talking to her?' 'Euhm, because we have to work together.' Martha felt verry unconfortable. 'I'll just go.' 'No.' Jack grabbed her arm. 'Stay here. It will only be a minute.' He smiled at her. 'What's your problem Hyde.' 'What's my problem you're talking to her.' 'Ok. First of all, she's got a name. Second as I have already pointed out we have to work together. Third point she is also my friend.' Kim burst out in laughing. 'How can she be your friend. Doesn't matter, we have to go to practice.' 'I'll be right there, just as soon as I finish my conversation.' Kim grabbed Jack's arm as he wanted to walk away. 'You're not going anywhere with her.' Jack pulled his arm away and sighed. 'And my fourth and last point, I am your friend kim. Not your property. I can be friends with whoever I like. And if you don't like it, just don't look. Deal with it.' Jack walked away took Martha by the hand and walked away without looking back.

'Look Jack if you have to go to practice.' 'I do. But practice only starts in ten minutes. So it doesn't matter. Besides I think my dad's more interested in the fact that I pass all my classes then in the fact if I was on time or not.' Martha smiled. 'Ok. So when do we have to hand in this assignement.' 'Monday. Ok, tomorow it's friday.' 'No euhm, I have practice. Damn i have my first game on saturday.Ok , idea. After the game, saturday afternoon.' 'OK; You'll come to my place or.' 'No, just come to the game. And then we'll go to my house.' 'Seriously?' 'Of course. But I have to go. Sorry.' 'Ok. Hey jack?' He turned around. 'Is Kim really mad at you because you talked to me?' 'Yep.' 'Why?' 'Because he's Kim.' 'Why are you friends with him.' 'I have no idea. I've been wondering that all summer. See ya tomorow.' Jack smiled and ran away.

Martha looked at Jack who ran to the gym. And she wondered, there must be a reason why Kim and Jack are still friends. He is so different then Kim, maybe there was something she didn't know yet. She smiled. He had defended her. He had prefered to walk with her then with Kim. He had called her his friend. She smiled, she was happy.

:o Robbie doesn't know Shakespeare wrote Hamlet! I'm not surprised he failed English. :rolleyes:

Kim is a jerk. Who does he think he is? :angry:

Tasha and Robbie get along great. They have a lot of fun. I can see them dating each other. :wub:

Jack still wants to be friends with Martha. He even defended her and chose her over his best friend. He definitely likes her. :wub:

More please.

Ok. This is a long one

Chapter 10: First game

Saturday came much sooner than she thought it would. She had never been to a basketball game in her life. In fact she knew nothing about basketball,she was only sure of the fact that they had to get the ball trough the hoop. But that was about it. She didn't even know who was on the basketball team of her school, except for Jack and Kim of course.

And yet here she stood in front of the gym. Together with Robbie. Jack had invited her, she wanted to see him play. Even though she knew nothing about the game she would have fun. She was spending the day with Jack. She couldn't be happier. Robbie seemed about as happy as she was. He was spending the day with Tash. Even though she was still schocked with the fact that he had never heart of Shakespear before this week.

Jack walked out into the gym and looked around. Looking for Martha but she wasn't there yet. He decided to leave the gym for a second, just to see if she was outside. And there she was, she was talking to Robbie, she looked a lot happier then she did last year. She was smiling, she had a beautiful smile.

'Hey. You two planing on coming in?' 'Jack. Euhm, well actually we didn't really know...' Martha stopped talking. She didn't know what to say. 'Have you ever been to a game before?' 'Of course...Not really no....Ok no.' Jack laughed. 'Do you two know anything at all about the game?' Martha and Robbie looked at each other and said no at the same time. Jack sighed. 'Alright all you got to remember is this, keep your eyes on the cheerleaders. If they cheer, you cheer. If they go 'oh no' or something like that, you don't cheer. Got it? Let's go' Jack walked back in clossely followed by Robbie and Martha.

They sat down somewhere behind the cheerleaders. Tasha turned around and waved at Robbie. Robbie just looked at her. God, he thought, she is so beautiful. Every time he saw her she looked more beautiful then the time before it. Maybe he would tell her one day, but he couldn't to that now. She would never like him, not as more as a friend anyway.

Jack looked at the students and waved at Martha. Kim just sat there, looking at her. She felt bad, he looked really angry. She didn't understand it, why was he mad at her. She was only friends with Jack. It's not as if she told him he couldn't be friends with Kim anymore. It's not as if she was important enough for Jack to start ignoring Kim. And yet he was mad at her. What had she done that was so wrong?

A couple of hours and two movies later. The credits rolled over the screen. Finally, he thought. He picked up the remote and turned of the tv. Martha looked up. 'Beautiful. Oh, come on you liked the movie admit it!' Jack sighed. 'Fine. It wasn't that bad. It was just... so long, and we only just saw the second movie. And I don't understand.' 'You don't understand what?' 'Why it was absolutely necasary to make the movie in German. It's making me nuts!' Martha laughed. 'You should to that more often you know.' 'What?' 'Laugh. You look beautiful when you do it. Alright, let's make it a sudden pain. Let's watch the thirth movie inmeadiatly.' Martha nodded. 'Ok.' 'Did you euhm, see the scene you remembered yet?' 'No.' Jack smiled and put the dvd in. The movie started to play.

Jack felt the uncomfortable silence in the air. He had no idea why he had said that. Maybe he thought it would make her feel better. She did in fact look beautiful when she laughed. Why was it so important that she was happy? Because she was his friend, he answered rapidly. He decided to focus on the movie rather then on his thoughts.

Marhta felt very uncomfortable. She had no idea why he had said that, but she had felt like her insides melted. Maybe he really thought she was beautiful. Or maybe he just wanted to make her feel better. It was better she decided not to think about it to much. She would just foccus on the movie.

Tasha turned of the tv. They had just finished watching Hamlet. 'Alright. At least you now know who Shakespeare is that's someting.' Robbie nodded. 'Yeah but I don't get it.' 'What?' 'The movie.' Tasha sighed. 'Unbelievable. Let's just write the asignement ok. I don't want to explain it again.' 'Why not?' 'Because I've already explained it like twenty times and you seemed to be getting it...' Robbie smiled at her. 'You're messing with me aren't you!' 'Yep.' 'How long?' 'I got it the second time you told me.' Tasha picked up the pillow and trew it at him. He just smiled at her.

Martha and Jack were still watching the third Sissi movie, though it was coming to an end. Suddenly Martha jumped up. 'That's the scene I remembered from the first time I saw it.' Jack looked at the screne suddenly the credits rolled over it. 'The last scene. Wow the movie really impressed you!' Martha laughed. 'Alright I guess we start with the asignement. We can just use the computer.' Martha smiled.

An hour later. 'Alright. That's it. We are officialy done. With telling how boring this movie was.' 'The movie was not boring. It was beautiful.' 'No. It was romantic; boring in german.' 'You are obsessed with that goddamn language you know that?' 'Yeah. What's your favourite movie?' 'What?' That question was so unexpected Martha didn't know what to say for a second. 'I don't know. I have a lot I guess.' 'Name a couple.' 'Ok. Pirates of the caribbean.' 'Yeah those are good movies let me guess Orlando Bloom is hot.' 'Yeah. And Johnny Depp is a good actor. Euhm, I liked The mask of Zorro. And I don't know to manny, you.' 'anny movie that's not romantic. Like this one. Euhm, I liked Rush houre.' Martha smiled.

The door opened. They both jumped a little. Tony walked in. 'What are you doing?' 'Working, the asignement remember?' 'You do really i's seven right?' 'What?' Martha jumped up. 'Oh no, I was supposed to be home like an hour go.' Jack laughed. 'Relax we'll explain it. It was a supid assignement anyway.' Martha grabbed her coat and her bag and wanted to leave. 'Hold on, I'll go with you.' 'Jack.' 'I know dad; I'll be home in twenty minutes ok?' 'Fine.' Tony sighed, he knew very well he couldn't let Martha walk home alone.

They stopped walking, they were in front of the diner. Martha looked at the ocean. She didn't really know what to say anymore. Jack stood next to her, also suddenly unable to think of someting to say. 'Well. I guess I'll see you on monday.' 'Yeah.' Jack smiled at her. Suddenly he kissed her on the cheek. Then he turned around and walked away.

Jack walked away as fast as he could. He had no idea why he had suddenly kissed her. He just suddenly felt like doing it. He had no idea what had gotten over him. His hearth was beating faster then he ever though it could. It was just because he blanked. Because he had no idea what to do. That must be it. He kissed Tasha on the cheek all the time. She was his friend now. That was it.

Martha sat down on her bed. He had kissed her, on her cheek, but he had kissed her. She had no idea why he had done it. He just had. She lied down on the bed. Her insides had melted when he had kissed her.She was still surprised she had managed to remain standing. Could Jack Holden like her? No it was impossible. There was no way. He was just her friend. Nothing would change.

Archived