You Look, But You Don't See

Guest pamy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 46: future

Jack sat on the couch. Martha leaned against him. Finally after four weeks he got to go home. He couldn’t really walk yet. But he knew that one day he would. He felt Martha lean against him. And he knew he was lucky. Lucky to have her. Lucky that she loved him. So lucky. And he felt great.

Martha felt his strong arms around her. Everything was perfect now. Everything would be alright. They would get there. They had each other. She closed her eyes. She felt him ease up against her. And she knew. She was the luckiest girl alive. Because she had Jack. And he loved her. So lucky. And she felt great.

Tasha looked at Martha and Jack. They looked so perfect together. She was so happy they worked everything out. She smiled at Robbie who was sitting next to her. She was so grateful. So gratefully that that teacher had given them the opportunity to know each other. Otherwise she just knew she would have never known Robbie. And she would have never been there happy.

Robbie felt great. Surrounded by his friends. With his girlfriend by his side. He was so happy everything turned out alright. So happy. He saw Tasha smile at him. And he knew. He knew he was lucky that teacher had told them what to do. He knew he was lucky. Because otherwise he wouldn’t know her. He just wouldn’t.

‘So what do you guys think?’ Tasha looked at her friends. At Robbie. ‘Next week.’ ‘College. Can you believe we’re already there?’ Martha smiled at Jack. ‘I can’t. I still feel like I’m going back to high school.’ Tasha smiled at Martha. ‘So what do you guys wane be in the future?’ Robbie joined in on the conversation. With his usual smile. ‘I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid. But now…Just a doctor. Help the humans not the animals.’ ‘Oh my little doctor.’ Robbie mocked. Then he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

‘What about you, Rob?’ ‘I want to be a English teacher.’ ‘You who failed English and didn’t even know who Shakespeare was? You want to be an English teacher?’ ‘Yes honey.’ Tasha, Jack and Martha laughed. ‘I say you have a lot of work ahead Rob.’ Rob threw his pillow at Tasha. She ducked to avoid it. And they laughed. ‘I will be an English teacher one day. Mock my words!’ ‘I believe you honey. I really do.’ Tasha said between laughter’s.

Jack looked at his friends. Happy. All thinking about the future. Imagining what things would be like. Doing the things they always wanted to do. He didn’t have a future. Or at least not the one he imagined. He could never do the things he wanted to do. Never. His future was left in the past. That’s all he had now. A past. And no idea what the future would bring him.

Martha looked at Tasha and Robbie. They were having so much fun. She could feel Jack tense up against her. Slowly she placed a soft kiss on his head. He smiled at her. She knew things weren’t easy for him. But he had to believe that he would have a future. And hopefully it would be the one he always dreamed of. She smiled at him. Trying to reassure him.

‘I wanted to be a ballerina when I was a kid.’ Everyone looked at Martha. ‘Really?’ ‘Yeah.’ ‘What happened.’ ‘I wasn’t really good at dancing. Plus I hated the fact we had to practice. I just hated it.’ Everyone laughed again. ‘And now?’ ‘A lawyer. I want to be a lawyer.’ ‘Any reason?’ ‘No. I just think that’s something I really want to do.’ ‘I’m sure you can do it.’ Martha smiled at Jack.

‘What about you?’ Jack looked away. He sighed. He didn’t really want to talk about it. Silence. It was a painful silence. ‘A cop.’ Jack finally broke the silence. ‘I always wanted to be a cop. Protect the community. Since my mum died. I can still remember the cop that came to tell us. He gave me a hug. I wanted to be a cop since that moment. I guess I really can’t do that anymore.’

Silence. Nobody knew what to say. Martha put her arms around Jack and pulled him in a tight embrace. ‘It’s ok. It’s alright. you’ll find something else. It will all be alright’ and he believed it. He knew he had a future. Just not the one he always imagined.

Correction: 3 chapters on the same day only I read the 3rd one the following day. :D

Robbie! :lol: He's bad at English and he wants to be an English teacher. Hope he'll succeed! :)

Who says Jack can't be a cop? You never know. :unsure: He is starting to walk again. So he could be a cop one day.

More please.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 47: I will be there for you

Robbie sat on the couch. HIs arm around Tasha. Her head resting on his shoulder. He couldn’t believe it. They had never talked about it. They had never thought about it. He had never considered they could be apart. For years. But really when he choose which college he wanted to go to he never thought he’d be together with Tasha. And they never talked about it when they did get together. So how was he supposed to know they’d be going to schools across the country?

Tasha lied in his arms. She felt safe. She wanted to stay this way forever. She wanted to be together with him. But she really wanted to go to this college. And he wanted to go to his college. It was his dream. It was her dream. And they deserved to have their dream right? And she knew. She knew if she would ask him he would go with her. And for a second she thought about doing that. But if she did wouldn’t that be selfish? Didn’t he deserve to do what he wanted?

He was the first to speak. ‘Hey. Look…’ ‘No. It’s ok. I mean we never talked about this. I just figured…we wouldn’t be so far from each other.’ ‘Tash. I can go to your school..’ ‘No.’ ‘It’s no big deal.’ ‘Yes it is. That school has been your dream for your entire life. You deserve to go.’ He shook his head. He saw the tears in her eyes. ‘I love you. I want to be with you.’ ‘That’s why they invented vacation, and emails and phones. We’ll stay in touch. We’ll be together.’ He didn’t know what to say. He just pulled her closer to him. Hoping to make this moment last forever.

Jack had his arms around Martha. They had been sitting there for hours. The movie they had watched ended a long time ago. He moved a little. He felt Martha move. He didn’t want to wake her up. He shook his head. This entire thing was messed up. He knew Martha wanted to stay by his side. To help him. She had told him. Even told him she wasn’t going to college. But he couldn’t do that. She deserved it. They would be together. She would still be there.

Martha felt Jack move. She moved a little to. Soon she felt him pull her closer. She didn’t want to open her eyes. She didn’t want to have to move. She felt so great. So comfortable. So protected. She just wanted to stay by his side. Forever. In his arms. These were the moments she lived for. Just feeling his strong arms around her. She could hear his heart beat. It was reassuring. It was safe. This was love.

She opened her eyes. And looked up. He smiled at her. It was one of those smiles that always made her melt inside. It was impossible for somebody to have that much power over somebody with just a smile. But he had. He really had. And she loved it. She was tired. She cuddled in his embrace. She felt great. ‘I love you.’ She softly whispered. ‘I love you to. Go to sleep.’ Soon enough she had drifted of to sleep. Lying in his strong embrace. Nothing could harm her. Not as long as Jack was there.

Kim sat on the beach. Staring at the ocean. It had been a long time since he’d seen Jack. The last time would have been when he was trying to make him see sense. He had. He shook his head. He wanted more then anything to go and see him. But he knew he couldn’t. He had messed things up pretty badly. And there was no recovering from it. He was never going to get his best friend back. And he only had himself to blame.

She saw him sitting on the beach. He looked so helpless. She had never seen him like this. Come to think of it she had never seen him show much emotions. She moved closer to him. She knew he was worried about Jack. Slowly she sat down beside him. ‘Carla. What are you doing here?’ ‘Just saw you sitting here and I thought I’d come and say hi. Hi.’ She smiled at him. He smiled back. She melded inside. She really loved him. Why could she not show him that.

He looked at her. She was beautiful. And nice. She must have a great heart to still talk to him after everything he had done. And for a second he allows himself to think that maybe she would like him. But how could she? He was a jerk. He had single handily ruined everything that was good in his life. Everything. He kept looking at her. And suddenly he felt the sudden urge to kiss those beautiful lips of hers.

And he couldn’t help it. Before he knew it he had moved forwards and captured her lips in a kiss. She was shocked at first. But she soon kissed him back.

I saw you posted a new chapter the other day but I didn't have the time to reply and then I completely forgot! Bad Barbara!

Martha is a great girlfriend. She doesn't want to go to college so she can stay with Jack. How sweet! :)

Robbie is a nice boyfriend too. He's ready to give up his dream to be with Tasha. How sweet! :wub:

Kim and Carla finally kissed. :wub: He'd better not ruin things with her. <_<

More please.

• 9 months later...

Archived