The NEW theme tune, credits and logo?

Guest simmins

The credits and theme are a big improvement on the last, but I don't like them, just not my cup of tea and not the way I would have made them. Now the show looks more teeny than ever.

The producers should have gone with something more like the original theme and It would make the show more unisex andf family friendly, it would appeal to not only girls but also boys, a family show, just like the 80's credits, something with a bit of heart and soul to it, something with a bit of feeling attached to it. This theme and credits most certainly wont attract old fans back to the show.

I think the credits before the ad breaks are a bit too colourful and would have preferred if they had returned to a male voice singing the theme song.

The theme tune and credits are so glossy, and girly and childlike. its so cheesy!

I really hate the new logo, as someone said correctly that there is nothing sentimental about the new logo.

Whats you opinion of the theme tune, logo and credits?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although they look all new and beaut and cool and stuff it isn't Neighbours. They shouldn't be having fun at the beach, they should be having fun in the street! I HATE that they changed the logo, that's the one thing I'm annoyed about the most. But I do like the song. :)

Credits, logo and theme tune does nothing to indicate the quality or feel of the show nor would it matter to the majority of fans.

That's from another thread but I wanted to discuss it here. I completely disagree with that statement. Those things definitely indicate the quality and feel of the show, and it does matter to fans. Just look what happened when H&A went all emo with the theme song - there was such a huge backlash that it had to be redone, purely because the majority of fans revolted. I liked it, but that's beside the point...

I liked the old logo because I could recognise it as Brush Script font, lol. Perhaps that's why they decided to change it though, because they wanted something that was their own, and not found on most Word Perfect progams... I'm not overly worried about it myself, but I can see how people would be. I always find Script fonts to be more personal and casual, whereas other ones can seem more formal and serious - which I don't think Neighbours should ever, EVER become... and I'm very afraid that that's where it's headed. To be "better" it's going to take itself mre seriously, and there goes the fun-loving program we all know and love...

To make the point clearer, if you were presented with a TV show that had it's name scratched out roughly in black permanent marker on a piece of cardboard, what would you expect from the show? Probably a backyard, budget production on a $200 hand-held camera... That mightn't be what you get at all, but the logo certainly wouldn't indicate any particular amount of quality from the off.

Is it an improvemrnt from the cartoon credits, but i really don't like them, I will flick to another channel until the credits are over.

For home and way I really like their theme tune, as it reminds of the the original, and its credits connotates home and away with the beach background and its appeal to both males and females.

What were the Producers thinking with these latest credits and theme tune really strikes me!

Neighbours is suppose to be about lives of the residents of Ramsay Street - I don't see much of the pictures in the credits of Ramsay Street. I felt like I was watchin h&a.

The new version of the theme tune by Sandra de Jong's sucks! Barry Cocker would have done!

The new theme tune is awesome! It's modern. Its cool. It's fun. And I can listen to it over and over again, and not be bored (unlike H&A's current tune.)

The new credits - I like. I don't think people realize that they're all about family! They're having family photos (I agree that a photobooth is a wierd place to have them, but still...). And, they're doing what families do (hang at the beach, go to carnivals, have picnics, play sport together, etc.) I think people are missing that point.

The new logo, however, is where it all goes wrong...VERY WRONG! I posted this pic in another thread, but I'll post it here...

nc20new.jpg

What's so wrong with that?

The new theme tune is awesome! It's modern. Its cool. It's fun. And I can listen to it over and over again, and not be bored (unlike H&A's current tune.)

The new credits - I like. I don't think people realize that they're all about family! They're having family photos (I agree that a photobooth is a wierd place to have them, but still...). And, they're doing what families do (hang at the beach, go to carnivals, have picnics, play sport together, etc.) I think people are missing that point.

The new logo, however, is where it all goes wrong...VERY WRONG! I posted this pic in another thread, but I'll post it here...

nc20new.jpg

What's so wrong with that?

I love that title card. I disagree with your comments on the credits though, although yes they are doing the family thing, I like that but they could have left the beach out, it seems to me they're trying to compete with Home and Away. Ramsay St doesn't have a beach. Play cricket instead :P.

The new themes background music sounds totally different to the original. Although the notes seem to change with every version, wheras H&A has consistant background music (with only a few minor changes) in all its themes.

And H&A's credits have some relevance to the show with the picture frames (the symbolic picture on the fireplace in the summer bay house). But the neighbours ones are a bit muddled and OTT and would have been alot better if there was more ramsay street action. However both Neighbours and H&a's credits are well made, and are both much better than the previous versions.

I agree the famous logo shouldn't have been touched, that was iconic!

Sandra de Jong's current version of the famous Neighbours song is awful and embarrassing for male regular viewers to see, as many viewers have said it makes Neighbours into a children’s show aimed a t teenage girls, don't you think its about time we had a male singer to make Neighbours unisex and appeal to all generations and gender?

I’m sorry but I tend to just switch over for a minute or so until the credits are finished, and many are right Neighbours theme tune and credits does look gayish.

home and away's theme tune and credits are way better than Neighbours as it appeal to a mass audience. Neighbours should have shot their credits in Ramsay Street, NOT on a beach!

Archived