The NEW theme tune, credits and logo?

Guest simmins

Sandra de Jong's current version of the famous Neighbours song is awful and embarrassing for male regular viewers to see, as many viewers have said it makes Neighbours into a children’s show aimed a t teenage girls, don't you think its about time we had a male singer to make Neighbours unisex and appeal to all generations and gender?

I doubt male fan as are sexist enough to care whether a man or woman sings the theme tune.

I’m sorry but I tend to just switch over for a minute or so until the credits are finished, and many are right Neighbours theme tune and credits does look gayish.

That's mildly offensive. Who are these "Many"? Because they are bright means they look gay? Whatever.

home and away's theme tune and credits are way better than Neighbours as it appeal to a mass audience. Neighbours should have shot their credits in Ramsay Street, NOT on a beach!

One shot has a beach. One shot. The rest are either photo booth shots or on a pier with the Melbourne skyline in the background.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Finally, thank you! I’m glad someone realizes that. And for those who say that the credits need a bit of “Ramsay Street” in them, it does! The shot of Elle and Paul having a picnic, and Rebecca, Declan and Oliver having lunch - they are in Ramsay Street. You can see the houses in the background! And they have the street sign in the title card. Pretty much, as the credits progress, they get closer and closer to Ramsay Street (eg. They start with the Melbourne skyline and then go to the beach [i’m presuming is in Melbourne], and then go to Ramsay Street). And as for the theme tune being to ‘girlish’, I’m a guy and I love it. And I’m sure many others guys like them too. We’re not all sexist!

On one hand some people are upset about the beach scene, saying that they are copying H&A, and in the next sentence running their own comparisons against the two - H&A does this in its credits/theme song/logo, but Neighbours does this - H&A is much better etc.

My point is, I think that the Neighbours producers will never win with the people that are predominately H&A fans - if they do something similar to H&A they are copying, if they take a completely different direction, it just doesn't compare.

I personally prefer H&A and tune in more regularly than Neighbours but I do appreciate that they are different shows, not affiliated what so ever, and as a general rule, similarities are more often a coincidence, and also due to the fact that essentially they are both long running soaps aimed at roughly the same demographic, and this of course leads to an obvious overlap of the themes they explore and more often than not a reflection of current social issues.

Oh and one more thing - it is not unusual for people who live in the suburbs to take a day trip to the beach, and in fact some of the beaches close to Melbourne are very beautiful and I have previously wondered why the Ramsey St residents weren't visiting the beach more often! :)

What do you mean? We see just as many scenes of the inside of the house's as we always do? :blink:

I'm not sure about on the street though, we do have them, not sure whether its the same or less, but I have noticed more location shots outside of the street, which is ok by me as long as we still get loads of them inside too.

I think simmins is talking about having scenes inside of the houses in the credits. But I have no idea how they'll do that, and make them look as good as they are at the moment.

what! Im not saying that! What Im saying is that scenes in Ramsay street would have been appropriate for the credits NOT inside the houses!

something like this which is in fact more neighbourly and more surbuban:

Neighbours 1985 opening titles!

NEIGHBOURS - OPENING CREDITS 1996

I think simmins is talking about having scenes inside of the houses in the credits. But I have no idea how they'll do that, and make them look as good as they are at the moment.

what! Im not saying that!

Now you know why he used the qualifier "I think."

what! Im not saying that! What Im saying is that scenes in Ramsay street would have been appropriate for the credits NOT inside the houses!

something like this which is in fact more neighbourly and more surbuban:

Neighbours 1985 opening titles!

NEIGHBOURS - OPENING CREDITS 1996

That wasn't 85, it was 87. There's a very big difference, as can be seen if you go to Perfect Blend. But I agree, 87 were good credits, as were 96, except you could misinterpret those to think the show revolved around Billy.

Archived