Heartbeat

Guest Traceve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine :P Don't say I never do anything for you. :)

Part Four

The doctor ran around to the passenger side of the car, and the man with the flashlight tried to shine the light on him from where he stood. And then all at once they saw him. He had been crushed between the seat and the dashboard. They couldn’t see his legs; Tony began to sob, telling them that he couldn’t move.

“Hang in there,” the man with the flashlight told Tony. They could hear the wail of the sirens approaching, but his screams seemed to be louder.

“I can’t move… I can’t… I can’t breathe,” Tony was panting and out of breath hyperventilating in his panic, as the young doctor quickly took charge of him, and talked to him very calmly. He saw that there was blood on his hand from where he had touched his leg, but in spite of the flashlight, he couldn’t see what had happened. The best news was that Tony was conscious and talking to him. No matter how damaged his legs were, Tony was alive, and there was every reason to hope he would make it.

The man with the flashlight left them for an instance then. He had just seen that that there was an unconscious man on the driver’s side. At first he had been invisible, he was lying so far down on the seat, and there was so much metal pressed against him. But they had suddenly noticed his face and his hair, as they tried to examine Tony. The doctor kept busy talking to Tony as he cried, while the man with the flashlight tried to open the driver’s side door to free the man under the dashboard. But to no avail. The door was bent beyond hope of opening it, and the man never moved as he reached through the broken glass of the window and he tried to touch her. He said something quietly to the doctor, who glancing at the man suspected he was dead. But a moment later, he checked, leaving the other man to continue talking to Tony. He was surprised to find a pulse when he touched his neck, it was thin and he could detect almost no breath at all. His entire head and face was covered with blood, his hair mattered with it, his sweater he had worn was deep red, and he had cuts everywhere. He had clearly sustained a major head injury in the collision. He was barley alive, hanging on by the merest thread, and the doctor thought it was unlikely that he would live long enough for them to save him.

“Peter!” Tony screamed loudly still panicking. The man with the flashlight was doing the best he could to calm Tony. There was nothing the doctor could do for Peter, and even if his breathing stopped or his pulse, he couldn’t do CPR on him.

“Christ they are taking forever, aren’t they?” the man with the flashlight said under his breath.

“It feels that way,” the doctor said softly,”they’ll be here in a minute.”

And then finally, they came. Two fire engines, an ambulance and three police cars. Several people had called up via their mobile phones to let them know how bad the accident was. The driver of the other car had been miraculously untouched except from a few scratches and bruises, and she was sobbing hysterically in the arms of a stranger by the side of the road.

“What have we got?” one of the fireman asked.

“We can’t get any of the doors open,” the doctor explained,” the man one the passenger side, is trapped. I think he’s got some severe leg injuries.”

The fireman nodded and motioned to the other fireman to get their equipment out.

“What about the other male on the driver’s side?”

“He doesn’t look like he is going to make it,” The doctor replied as he checked Peters pulse.

“Who are they?” Jack asked as he approached the car, reading to take notes.

“We don’t know, the man on the passenger side said his name was Tony,” the man with the flashlight replied. Jack went pale. Jack rushed around to see if it was who he thought it was.

“Dad!” Jack screamed.

“Get him out of here!” one of the firemen snapped.

Matilda walked back home, slowly. She turned off her ipod and listened to the wind blow. It was so quiet, so peaceful. Her mobile phone began to ring; the caller id said it was Jack. Matilda let it ring; she didn’t want to speak to him right now. She just wanted to spend some time alone. As Matilda pushed open the front door she saw Lucas pacing backwards and forwards across the living room.

“Where the hell have you been?” Lucas asked her as she shut the door.

“I went for a walk after you left, why?”

“There has been an accident,” Lucas simply said.

:o I'm rethinking BOL as well as Retri at this moment in time. How can you do this?!? How can you kill Pete off?!? Well, even if he's not dead yet, he'll be dead soon anyway. You owe me so you'd better not kill him.

Apart from that, two really great chapters. Really am loving the cliffhangers. <_<

Love the description style. It's different from your usual way of writing. It's very well done.

Hope they both survive. And who is that female survivor? And, who's returning? :ph34r:

Archived