Heartbeat

Guest Traceve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, that was depressing. But beautifully written. You captured the emotions really well and the whole describing Pete's injuries were brilliant. I could picture it all in my head.

Wonderful job, Shan. And I agree with Ali, great talent. :)

Still creeped out by Amanda and Mattie - when they held hands Not impressed!

:P Hehe.

Thanks Lil, Chrissie, Ali, Stevie and janice514 :)

Note: Matilda never dated Ric, only Lucas.

Part Eight

Amanda slowly walked into the room. Matilda had stayed out in the hall, it felt wrong for her to intrude. A breathing tube was down Peter’s throat, another tube in his nose, an IV in his leg and machines and monitors everywhere. And in this mist of it all, Peter, his face so battered, his own wife could barley recognize it, and his head was covered sterile drape that concealed his hair that they were going to cut off in moments.

It was almost impossible to recognize him. Amanda knew it was him though; she knew it with her heart as she went and stood quietly beside him.

“Hello sweetheart,” she bent low, and spoke softly into his ear, praying that with some distant part of him, her husband would hear her.

“I love you; baby… everything’s going to be fine… I love you, Pete… we all love you… we love you…”all she could say were the same words over and over, as she cried and stroked Peter’s arm and his hand, and the one cheek that hadn’t been damaged, He looked so battered and so pale and if it weren’t for the monitors, Amanda would have thought he were dead. Her heart ached as she looked at him, unable to believe what had happened.

“Baby we all love you… you have to get better. For all of us… me and Dan…and Ryan…and Belle,” Amanda stood next to him for a long time, and then finally they asked her to leave so they could prepare him for surgery. She asked if she could stay, but they said that she couldn’t.

Amanda bent down and kissed his forehead gently.

“I’ll always love you,” she hoped in some remote part of him, that he cold hear her as she left the room. Amanda was blinded by tears as she walked into the hall, and she latterly had to tear herself away from Peter’s bedside. It was unbelievably painful knowing that she may never see him alive again, and yet, she reminded herself again and again, there was no choice. They had to operate on Peter now, if there was any hope in saving him.

Amanda found Matilda waiting again for her in the hall, and she ached when she saw Amanda. Everything she had just been through was written on her face. She looked ghastly. Matilda had only gotten a small glimpse of peter when Amanda went in, and it torn her heart to see him. Tony had been had enough, but this was much worse.

“I’m sorry, Amanda,” she whispered, and then pulled her into her arms, as she stood there and cried for a very long time. There was nothing else she could do. Matilda knew Tony was still in surgery, a nurse had come to say that it was going well, but would be several more hours.

Nurse Julie brought Amanda the papers for her to sign, after she did, Matilda insisted that they go to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee.

“I don’t think I could drink it,” Amanda told her.

“Water then. You need a change of scene. It’s going to be a ling day,” It was already 10 in the morning, and the chief neurosurgeon had told Amanda it could take anything up to twelve to fourteen hours.

“Maybe you should go home and get some rest,” Matilda suggested with a look of concern. They had grown closer in the past few hours, then they had in the past two years, and Amanda was grateful to have her there. She would have gone crazy alone and she knew it.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Amanda said stubbornly. And she understood. She didn’t want to leave Tony alone either. But in her case she had Jack and Lucas coming by everything half hour or so to see if there was anymore news on him. Amanda was alone.

“Who did you leave Ryan with?” Matilda asked as they sipped bad coffee in the cafeteria. Both of their loved ones were in surgery by then, and Amanda had finally, agreed to go with her.

“Dan went over there, to keep an eye on him, and Belle. Belle should be at school right about now; Ryan has a pupil free day. I can’t help it though, I can’t leave now.”

“Ryan will be alright, Dan will have everything under control,” Matilda smiled at her.

Belle walked into her maths class, Miss Fletcher was teaching. She took a seat next to Drew.

“Have you seen Matilda?” she asked him. Drew shook his head.

“I thought you would have considering,”

“You mean the kiss?”

“No Drew, I mean sex, of course I mean the kiss… unless you slept with her to!” Belle snapped.

“She’s at the hospital for you information. And we didn’t sleep together; it was a kiss, an innocent kiss.”

“Nothing about it looked innocent.”

“Why would I kiss her?”

“You tell me, you’re the one who did it,”

“As if you didn’t know...” he looked over towards her, “Matilda’s gay.”

:o

Wow! The ending... It was.... Wow....

That was a really great chapter, Shannon. Loved the Amanda at his bedside scene the best. It was so emotional. You captured the emotion so well.

Hope he's alright....

Update soon, Shan. :)

• 6 months later...

Archived