Heartbeat

Guest Traceve

Why do I get this sinking feeling in my head that it's like going to be either a Peter/Jack or Peter/Tony thing going on....

I could be out of my mind here, really, and I really think that I am because I'm not awake but that's the feeling that I'm getting.

But, anyway, that was a great chapter, Shannon. Like Lil said, it gets better and better... And, Alli, I love the banner. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I get this sinking feeling in my head that it's like going to be either a Peter/Jack or Peter/Tony thing going on....

:blink: How did you come up with that? It would be interesting to hear... :P

Thanks you 3 :D Part 3 coming soon.

Lol how long did I take to read this update?? :lol:

Sorry about that, Shan, was a tad busy re-making banners cause somebody's fussy :P

Anyway, good update - you know your fics are awesome, but I'll tell you anyway :P

Awww, poor Matilda!! And Tony and Peter are friends? :blink: How random and odd :P

Fabulous as ever - more soon!!!!

By the way, thanks people who like the banner!

Sorry about that, Shan, was a tad busy re-making banners cause somebody's fussy :P

:lol: I don't know what you are talking about!

Thanks guys :)

Part Three

Lucas tapped on Matilda’s bedroom door gently. When Matilda didn’t reply, he pushed the door open and glanced into her room. Matilda wasn’t in there, there was a small envelope taped to her mirror. Lucas went in and took it down, handwritten on the envelope was Lucas’s name. Lucas opened it gently and pulled out the letter.

Lucas,

I’m sorry for you to be the one who has to read this, it seemed like the right choice at the time. I can’t do this anymore, Mum is gone. My mum, Lucas. The one person who has been there for me, my whole life. And even if the whole world fell apart, she would stay strong just for us kids. With all my brothers and sisters not here, I don’t see any reason for me to stay. Please tell Tony thank you for everything. Once again please do not hate me for this decision I am making, without my mum there is no reason for me to breathe.

Lucas threw the letter back down on Matilda’s bed and dashed from the room, he had to find her, and he couldn’t let her go through such a big decision. Lucas grabbed his jacket from the hook by the front door and ran outside in the cold. He didn’t know where she would be, but he knew he had to find her. He just had to. As he ran down the road, he headed towards the beach. He didn’t know why he was going to look for her there, but sometimes when she needed to think she could be found there. Lucas zipped up his jacket as he walked along the beach looking for Matilda, then in the distance, sitting upon so rocks, he saw her.

“Matilda!” Lucas called out. Matilda glanced up and saw Lucas walking towards her.

“Lucas please. Just go,” she replied softly as Lucas climbed up the rocks and sat beside her.

“I can’t,” he replied gently.

“Why not?”

“Mattie, I think... I think I still love you,”

“Lucas, what am I suppose to say to that?”

“That you love me to?”

“No, I’m not going to lie to you, Lucas... I feel nothing for you,” Matilda replied. Lucas said nothing, so Matilda climbed to her feet, and left.

Tony and Peter drove along the main road on the way into the city, Sydney. Peter chatted away and got then occasional grunt in reply from Tony. Tony’s mind was elsewhere, it was with Matilda. He was worried about leaving her home alone after everything she had been through.

“Mate, you sure yo don’t want to talk about anything?” Peter asked Tony again. Tony glanced over at Peter and shook his head gently.

“I’m always here for you though, okay?”

“I know and thank you,” Tony replied softly. Peter took his eyes just then off the road, for just a single instant, gave Tony a small smile, and then as he glanced back at the road, he saw it. But it was too late. It was only a flash of light, a bolt of lightening hurtling towards them, almost in their faces by then. Tony was looking at him when it hit. It was an arc of light, a crash of thunder, a mountain of steel, an explosion of glass as it hit them. It was the end of the world in a single moment, as the two cars met and crashed and twirled furiously around each other, as everywhere around them cars swerved not to hit them, horns, shrieks, the sound of an explosion and then suddenly silence.

There was glass everywhere; iron wrapped around steel, there was a long scream in the night, horns honking in the distance, and at last the long slow wail of a siren. And then, slowly at first, and suddenly faster, people ran from their cars and rushed toward the two cars, locked together, seemly in death, frozen together in horror as one tangled ball of steel… one mass… as people ran to help them, and the sirens wailed closer. It was impossible to believe anyone had survived it.

Two men were the first to approach what was left of the old grey Mercedes. It was apparent by then that the black Holden had hit them head on. The engine was crushed, and the two cars seemed to have merged into one. A woman was wandering near by, murmuring to herself, but she appeared unharmed. One of the men who went to the car had a flashlight in his hand; the other had already said he was a doctor.

“Do you see anything?” the man with the flashlight asked, feeling his whole body shake, as he looked inside the Mercedes. It was dark in the car at first, despite, the headlights coming from the other cars that had stopped, everything was so crushed, it was hard to see who was in it.

The man with the flashlight tried to open the driver side door, but it was crushed that he couldn’t. They heard a groan coming from the passenger side, and them a sharp cry that became a scream. It was Tony.

That was a great chapter,Probably one of the best I have read. :D

Great writing,Cant wait to read more.

Hope the guys are okay.

And I'm also thinking there is going to be a Tony/Peter thing. :P

Tony and Peter? You wouldn't :unsure:

Edit: Oh, dear God, you would!!

:lol::lol: Thanks Lil, Reo and Ali :D

I have already typed up chapter 4, but instead of posting that you can all have a spoiler that will happen in a few chapters time. :wink:

One character from the past returns.

Archived