Heartbeat

Guest Traceve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ :lol: What on earth makes you think that? :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, they are appreciated.

Part Two

Amanda was angry, angry at Drew, angry at Matilda and angry at herself. How could she let this happen? She knew it wasn’t her fault. She just felt so powerless that Belle was hurting at she couldn’t do a thing to help her. Amanda had gone up to Belles room to talk to her again before she went to bed hoping Belle would talk more. Belle told her to leave her alone for a while and that she needed to be on her own. Amanda sympathized with her and respected her wishes. Amanda gave up waiting for Peter to return home, she was beginning to think he had gotten lost until she heard him shut the front door.

She walked down the stairs and gave him a small smile. Peter looked at her and his whole face lit up. He gave her one of his goofy grins and opened his arms. Amanda rushed into them and held on to him for what felt like an eternity, she eventually let go and gave him a quick kiss.

“Sorry I’m late, I know I was meant to cook dinner tonight, I completely forgot and went out for drinks with Jack after work,” Peter apologized. Amanda just smiled at him. How could anyone possibly stay mad at Peter when he gave her those puppy dog eyes of his?

“I’m going to have a quick shower and head to be okay?” Peter smiled at her; she had to admit she did look exhausted. Amanda nodded, then gave Peter one last kiss before watching him, head upstairs. Amanda could see it in his eyes that he loved her and when she saw that she knew for sure, she was the luckiest woman alive.

On Monday Amanda had dragged herself out of bed at 7am to get Ryan and Belle off to school. She was used to getting up at that hour, but did miss her sleep ins. Once she had dropped, Ryan off at his school and Belle at hers, Amanda had gone home to an empty house, with Peter at work again. She had thought about confronting Drew about the events of the previous day, but concluded that Belle probably wouldn’t be all that happy to learn Amanda had spoken to Drew about his kiss with Matilda. The thought of seeing Matilda didn’t enter into her mind; Matilda had just lost her mother, Beth and had just broken up with Ric.

Belle had been shooting Drew and Matildas glares all during their History lesson with Mr Brad Armstrong. Neither had returned the glare. Matilda kept her eyes glued to her book and didn’t even look up when Belle shot a spit ball at her. Once the bell had rung, Matilda hurried out of the classroom and headed down to her locker.

“Hey, have fun making out with my boyfriend at the Yabbie Creek Mall on Saturday?” Belle demanded as she slammed Matildas locker shut in front of her.

“What? It was nothing like that,” Matilda defended herself. Belle snorted.

“Drew and I are friends and nothing more, I didn’t mean for it to happen,” Matilda tried explaining. Belle studied Matildas face carefully. Matilda felt like crying, but she was determined not to. She wouldn’t let herself appear weak in front of Belle.

“I guess I do have to show pity on you, with your mum dead and all,” Belle finally replied. Matilda looked at her shocked.

“That’s a horrible thing to say and I don’t need your pity!” Matilda snapped at her. Without another word Matilda pushed past Belle and hurried to her next class.

Peter shut the front door gently, so Amanda didn’t hear him come home early. He snuck up the stairs and into their bedroom. He quickly changed his outfit then went down to the kitchen.

“Honey, I didn’t hear you come in,” Amanda said smiling as she took her eyes off the stove for a moment to look at him.

“Yeah… about that. I arranged to have a boy’s night out with Tony. You know get him out of the house for a few hours,” Peter replied. Amanda nodded at him.

“I won’t be out too late,” he chucked as he went over and kissed Amanda on the forehead. Amanda grabbed his waist and pulled him closer to him; she then smiled at him and gave him an Eskimo kiss. Peter laughed, he dipped his finger into the soup Amanda was making and tested it. He gave her the thumbs up then left.

Matilda ran her fingers through her long light brown hair and sighed.

“I could I have been so stupid, I don’t even like him,” She said out loud to herself. She glanced towards the photo on her bedside table. It was of herself, Henry and Beth, her mum. Matilda felt like crying, but instead she screamed. She screamed as loud as she could before bursting into tears. Matilda threw herself onto her bed, sobbing.

“Matilda, I just thought I would let you know that…” Tony began to say, he soon stopped when he saw Matilda sobbing. He gently sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug.

“I miss Mum,” Matilda said as she sobbed into Tony’s sleeve,” I’m sorry Tony, I don’t mean to,”

“Its okay, I just came to let yo know I am going out with Peter for a while, I won’t be to long. Are you sure its okay for me to go?” Tony asked her, he didn’t really want to leave her in the house alone.

“It’s okay...” Matilda sniffled as she sat herself up. Tony gave her one last hug before heading out the front to wait for Peter who was picking him up in his car.

Archived