Bed Of Lies

Guest swfc

Good chapter. :) Alot of panda love in that one, that's what we like to see! :P:wub:

The description of that chapter was really good, like Lynd said the dream seemed real until we found it wasn't a dream. I'm guessing Amanda is trying not to get too attached to Peter incase she gets hurt, that why i think she told him to go. Can't wait to what happens next. :)

Update soon. :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amanda sat on the edge of the bed watching the door shut slowly. All that she could think about was, why the hell did she just lose it? Why the hell did she have to shout at Peter like that? She couldn’t believe she had just hurt him like that. She knew by the look on his face before he left that she had lost him for good now.

Dragging his feet confused, not even realising he was walking on the road; Peter eventually stopped breaking down in tears. Falling to the ground hurt and deeply confused. Nothing was going to take this feeling away.

Amanda was still reeling from the past 24 hours. Throwing Peter out like she did wasn’t what she wanted. But, she had done it; and she knew she had to move on. She sat on the sofa just staring at the bottle of wine on the table in front of her. She couldn’t even bring herself to pour a glass, and she felt physically sick thinking about drinking the wine.

Finding himself back in his bedroom, Peter was on his bed staring at the wall in front. As he stared, his fist began to clench as the anger inside built up. He just couldn’t understand why Amanda was acting like this towards him. He was starting to feel used more then angry. The point was he couldn’t bear the thought of being used. He kept thinking over and over that he just needed something to cure the pain.

Another long, hard, lonely day had passed. Amanda again hadn’t been out of the house and Peter had just been quiet for the whole time. He was that upset that he barely even noticed his own son walking into the room.

“Dad!” Drew called out.

Pete slowly turned, giving his son hardly any eye contact.

“Hey,” he muttered.

“You ok?” Drew asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m ok.” Pete said looking the other way.

Amanda decided that she needed to get out of the house. She had to go to the shops and get some stuff because she had no food in the house. She went upstairs to get ready and started to hope that when she went out she wouldn’t bump into Pete; she had clearly hurt him enough.

Dan and Drew stood by the door looking at Pete who was sitting quietly staring into thin air. It looked as if Pete was miles away.

“Pete, you ok?” Dan asked.

Peter shot his head round looking at the two of them,

“Look, just because I’m sitting here quietly, it does not mean I’m not ok!” he yelled angrily before leaving the room.

Slowly and curiously, Amanda made her way back into the house taking the bags into the kitchen and she took one bag with her and made her way upstairs.

After storming out of the house angrily Peter found him self again wondering down the long stretch of road not knowing where he was walking to, until he suddenly stopped and realised the he was beginning to feel déjà vu.

Pete stood taking his suits from the wardrobe as he placed then at the bottom of his suitcase, desperately trying to hold back the tears that were quickly building up in his eyes.

Picking up his boxers and socks from his draw, he caught sight of a few photos that were at the bottom of the draw. He picked them up slowly and that’s when the tears came flooding down his face.

He wiped his face quickly and tried to get a grip of himself but that was going to be hard, as he hadn’t left the house yet.

He picked up his bag and started to walk down the stairs making his way into the living room looking over at Clare who was sat on the chair by the table wiping her tears away from her face.

“I’m sorry...” Clare said tearfully looking over at Pete by the door.

“You’re sorry?!” he yelled in anger. He suddenly lost his will to keep control of his anger as he dropped his bag and shot a deadly look at Clare.

“Pete….” Clare was beginning to say but was cut of by Pete, who yelled,

“You say sorry like you think it’s going to fix the fact you just told me you don’t love me anymore!”

“Peter, it’s not like that and you know that.” Clare said trying to explain but could clearly see Pete wasn’t going to listen.

“So, getting rid of my baby isn’t what I think…. Clare, you told me you don’t love me anymore and then I find out you got rid of our baby!”

“It’s not right for me to become a mother,” Clare said getting up.

Pete laughed sarcastically as he yelled,

“So you think I was ready to be a father when Drew was born?”

Clare sat back down and didn’t say anything; Pete saw her reaction and knew he was right- she didn’t love him anymore. Peter took his keys from his pocket and threw them on the floor; leaving the house as he slammed the door behind him.

‘Was there any point to life?’ Pete thought as he dragged his feet as he walked further down the road further and further away from Summer Bay.

As Peter walked, all he could think about was how Clare had killed their baby but with Amanda she might as well have just done the same as what Clare did because he was hurting just as much. His heart was being ripped into shreds once again.

Pulling her hair from in front of her face, Amanda lifted her head from the toilet and wiped her mouth with tissue. After a few minutes, she slowly stood and held the pregnancy test in front of her and began to read the instructions.

Pete suddenly stopped frantically; searching through his pockets but could feel the emptiness of his pockets. He turned and began to run back to the house.

Amanda sat on the side on the bath and waited nervously for the result………

Great Chapter. :)

Maybe, Peter is starting to think he's the problem that he isn't good enough for anyone as he thought back to what happened with Clare aswell. OMG Amanda could be pregnant, if she is why does she want Peter out of the way? Maybe it's not his baby i suppose you could go one better than Shan and make a drew/amanda baby :P.

Can't wait for more. Update soon.

Alf's baby sounds like a good idea, i can picture it now :P Amanda comes to the diner for a quick coffee and Alf says sorry we're normally closed but for you we're open :lol: and it progresses from there :P OMG can't believe i just came up with that. :P

i suppose you could go one better than Shan and make a drew/amanda baby.

Nothing is better then a Shan & Drew baby :wink: Get that Chrissie and Lil? :lol:

Woah.. so I gather Amanda is going to be pregnant to either Drew or Peter! *Crosses fingers and toes for a Panda baby* :wub: Brillantly written chapter ladies!... My only complain is.. that Amanda is hurting and confused and I can't hug her, to make the pain go away. :P

Update soon ladies with tons of Panda -hint-Lil-hint- :wink:

:D update :D

She sat there for about five minutes yet she couldn’t bring herself to look at the results. She was afraid, afraid that if she was pregnant the baby could be Ethan’s. She didn’t know if she would be able to cope with it.

Peter was at the beach, staring at the waves in the hope that at least they would have a calming effect on him. Yet, there was something gnawing at him. Something that wouldn’t allow him to relax. He made himself not think about what had happened. He kept on repeating in his mind, ‘I am calm.’ Just as he was about to feel at peace with the world at last, Drew came down and promptly plopped himself down beside his dad and looked at him. Even with his eyes closed, Peter knew it was Drew and he was staring at him.

She braced herself as she walked towards the counter top where she had placed the test. Amanda took a deep breath and picked up the test. ‘This is it,’ she thought to herself.

Peter sat there ignoring Drew. He thought that by not saying anything and keeping his eyes closed, Drew would get the hint and leave him be. Yet, sat there he did and never once removing his eyes away from his father’s. And this annoyed Peter to the very core. Yet he kept silent. Hoping in his heart of hearts that Belle would mysteriously appear and whisk his son away to a far off land and he didn’t have to deal with it. at least not yet. However, luck wasn’t on his side today.

Amanda had picked up the test but had her eyes closed. She forced open one eye to take a sneak peek but was too afraid and she shut it again. Her heart was thumping so loudly that she could swear that everyone could hear it.

Sooner or later, Peter knew that he had to acknowledge his son’s presence. Being so alike, they were both stubborn as oxen so he sighed and opened his eyes and looked at his son.

“What is it?”

“Talk about finally!”

“What do you want, Drew?” Peter sighed to himself.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine, son.” Peter replied exasperatedly. “What makes you think I'm not?”

“Well, you did run out of the house just now and yelled at us all.”

“I’m okay. Just felt a little claustrophobic that’s all,” he lied.

“Oh, okay then. For a while there I thought that maybe we had done something to annoy you.”

“No, nothing of that sort,” Peter replied nonchalantly, giving his son a smile in the process. After about a minute or two of awkward silence, Drew spoke,

“Dad, can I ask you a question?”

‘Right, I can do this... I just need to tell myself that I can be strong,’ Amanda thought to herself. The agony of not knowing the truth pained her yet she couldn’t bring herself to look at it. The sheer thought of her life going even way downhill was enough to send her through an anxiety attack or some sort. She braced herself once more, trying to calm herself. She took huge deep breaths and let them out slowly. She could feel her hand shaking and felt the test slip from her grasp and onto the floor.

“Sure, mate, go ahead.”

“Uhm, well, see, I want to buy Belle a present to make up for being such a prick to her and I didn’t know what to get her so I was wondering if you had any ideas. I mean, since, you have experiences with the ladies, if you know what I mean.”

At the mention of Belle and present, Peter had tensed up. He was distracted by the thought of Amanda’s birthday coming up. However, when Drew had mentioned ‘ladies’ Peter’s eyes started to flash. His son had hit on a nerve. A very raw one at that.

“What do you mean by, ‘experience with the ladies,’ Drew?”

“Well, I mean, you’re older than me and you know how to win back a lady’s heart. I mean, you’ve done that before, right?” Drew looked at Peter warily.

“No, Drew. I don’t know! If I did, don’t you think I’d be doing that already now?!” Peter snapped.

Drew was taken aback by Peter’s remarks.

As it slipped from her fingers and onto the floor, Amanda flung out both her hands and tried to catch it. Unfortunately, luck was not on her side either, because it slipped once again and hit the cold, tiled concrete floor.

“Look, I was only asking you a question. You didn’t have to snap at me like that, you know?”

“That’s because your question is absolutely pointless, Drew! I mean, really, ‘experience with the ladies?’ What is that supposed to mean, huh?”

“I meant that in a good way, dad!”

“Well, next time make it clearer!”

“There’s not going to be a next time, dad! You can sit here and sulk all you want! Forget I ever asked you anything!”

And with that Drew Curtis walked away from his father who was left sitting on the beach muttering to himself.

As the test sat there lying on the ground, Amanda stared at it. And she collapsed to the floor and wept.

Alf's baby sounds like a good idea, i can picture it now Amanda comes to the diner for a quick coffee and Alf says sorry we're normally closed but for you we're open :lol: and it progresses from there :P OMG can't believe i just came up with that. :P

:o I wasn't expecting to every see that, anywhere! :lol:

Anyway I love those last two chapter, the way you write is so awesome (not a helpful comment I know but it is) poor Peter and Amanda. there better be little baby Panda's or I will be sad

Archived