Bed Of Lies

Guest swfc

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No congrats going to Lil in the slightest

Congrats to Chrissie for having the stomach to put up with it, more like!!

Aside from that, I'll read it cause it's from two fabulous writers, but I shall always hate the Panda-ness :P

Teasers are .... intriguing

:rolleyes: thanks Ali and trust me, Chrissie can stomach this more then you think.

That was awesome, guys.

I love "Chasing Cars" - so apt for her to have as his ringtone.

It's so nice to see a vulnerable side to Amanda, too. I really saw it when she said,

Pete, I thought I was going to die.

And then he says,

Kelli can't hurt you anymore. I will always be here for you, Amanda.

Update soon. :)

LOL Jess it just had to be chasing cars, thought it fitted him so much

I'm sorry, have I come to the wrong forum? Chrissie co-writing a Panda fic? I must be tripping!

That aside, this fic is very good. Can't wait for more! *shrivels up in shame and dies*

No Andy not to the wrong forum, Chrissie is very much writing this and I can tell you she loves writing it

^ I know, I think everyone is in shock about Chrissie co writing a Panda fic.

Brillant first chapter Lil and Chrissie. I'm impressed. Although Amanda pulled away :( *sniff* But I think she still likes him.. :wub:

That is one intense teaser! :o Update soon!

Don''t be too shocked Shan you know the truth :D

Panda= :wub: forever you should know that

Thank you all for your comments. Like Lil said, it's really appreciated. Before I post the next chapter, I have to answer a few questions first:

Andy- No, you're not tripping. It's true. It's a long story... Trust me on that....

Alli- Sigh.... Thanks... I'm going to need it. Lol. Especially considering what Lil made me write. <_<

Aaron- Pretty good guesses but you're going to have to read to find out.

Shan- No comment.

That's all that I can think of to answer at the moment... Fried brains so here's the next chapter... Enjoy:

She stood there, not knowing what to say or do. She wanted more than anything in the world for this to happen, yet, something was not right. All she could muster was a weak “Get out!” but it didn’t work. Peter didn’t understand. He looked at her, even more confused than ever. He went up to her, and before she could make any protest of some kind, kissed her again. He wanted, no, needed to show her just how much he loved her. But, it backfired on his face.

Before he knew it, Amanda had slapped his face and the only evidence left was a hot, burning, red mark on his cheek. Needless to say, he was stunned. He looked at her, trying to get an explanation of some kind. But there was none. All he could see was anger. Not only on her face but in her eyes.

“Get out! I never ever want to see you ever again!”

She practically hurled the words at him. He didn’t care if she had thrown things at him but those words stung. Horribly. He wanted to say something. To tell her that he was not only sorry but that he loved her so much. But, she would have none of it. The look in her eyes said it all and he headed towards the door, not before giving her one final glance before turning his back and closing the door.

The moment he closed that door, she finally let out a sigh of relief. As much as she loved him, she couldn’t be near him. She was afraid of being hurt again. She was afraid that he would be hurt again. The best way for both of them was to avoid each other. Even if it cost them. Letting him go was for the best. In fact, letting him go was the only way.

She sank down towards the ground, wishing, that for some reason, the floor would open up and swallow her. Clearly, facing Peter again after so long had taken so much of her energy. She was tired. Tired of everything- Kelli, Peter, losing her son, nearly losing her life. Truth be told, Amanda Vale just wanted to be alone for a while. She didn’t need any of this in her life.

Kelli had clearly succeeded in her revenge. She may not have killed her but she had successfully managed to ruin her life. She had lost everything that she ever loved. Including the one man that Amanda had ever truly come to love. The one man who had loved her even when she couldn’t come to love her self. The one man who saw past her imperfections and saw the good in her. The one man who was her soul mate. Amanda couldn’t have cared less if Kelli had taken everything from her. But, she had hit the jackpot the first time round. The moment she had broken Amanda and Peter up, the deal had been signed. Amanda was a goner. And she knew it.

He stood there, speechless. He had no idea what to think or what to say. He had, once again, put his heart out on the line for the woman that he loved and she had rejected him. Harshly. He knew that she loved him and he knew that he loved her. That it had all been a mistake. A big mistake. An even bigger mess. He had never stopped loving her. He may have told her that he couldn’t love her but he was lying. To her but most importantly, to himself. He was being selfish. She had hurt him. And he wanted her to know just how much.

When he saw her at the hospital, everything made sense. He loved her. No matter what anyone said and no matter what she had done, he loved her. He had never stopped loving her and he would never stop loving her. He knew that he was going to love her for the rest of his life. He wanted to knock on her door again and demand for an explanation. Yet, after that slap she had given him [his cheek was still burning], he didn’t want to take the risk. So, he walked.

He walked and walked until he reached home. Through out that walk, he thought about recent events. From the moment Amanda and him and got together until that fateful wedding day when he had been humiliated in front of everyone. His refusal to listen to her pleas was a case of pride as well as hurt. Somehow, it had hurt more this time round because he had given his all into their relationship and she had, for some stupid reason, gone and mucked it up. They had their share of problems but they had still managed to pull through. Yet, that one, he could not forgive.

How long she sat there for, nobody knew. She just sat and stared into nothingness. She knew he had gone. She heard him walk away. A part of her was relieved that he wasn’t going to come knocking on her door once more. She couldn’t deal with it. She knew that if he had stayed, she would’ve opened the door and let him in against all of her better judgement. And god knew what would’ve happened if she had allowed him in. There was one thing however that she knew she had to do. And that was to change the locks to the door so that he couldn’t have access.

She sat there thinking about the happy times that they had shared with each other. She never thought that they would’ve gotten together considering their past. But, she knew that being together was right. Somehow, for some reason that couldn’t be explained, they complemented each other. He was good for her in the sense that he kept her grounded. And they both knew it. Yet, once again, all she could think about was the hurt and the pain that she had inflicted on him through Kelli’s manipulation and lies. Whenever she closed her eyes and thought about him, Kelli’s words came back to haunt her: “You and Peter will never ever get back together. He doesn’t love you and he never will!” Those words had made her sick to her very core and it made her want to vomit every time. Thinking about Kelli made her sick as well. She couldn’t believe that Kelli would stoop that low.

“Are you happy now, Kel? You ruined my life after all! I can’t be in the same room as him without being reminded of what you said!” she called out into thin air. Nothing. It was as though she was secretly being mocked by the air.

He reached home and walked straight into his room. He didn’t even care less if he had ignored his brother or his son. All he wanted to do was to get to his sanctuary. And that was his room. He entered it not bothering to turn on the lights and landed on the bed. He lied there staring at the ceiling. And then he remembered it.

:D

Great first chapter. :) It was great, very descriptive. I bet it was Lil who wrote about Snow Patrol :P As she tries to fit them into fics alot. :ph34r:

Anyway back to the story, i think it's great that you started the fic after all the kelli sh!t because it just means that there love for one another is stronger than it was in the beggining because they've been through so much.

I'm intrigued by the title, Bed of Lies it sounds like it isn't going to be plain sailing for them and that they are both going to realise things about each other they would rather not want to know!

Also, it could also mean that there were lies in the past and they don't stop even though Kelli has gone.

Can't wait for more, shame there's no promo though! :P

Update soon.

You should know me by now Azza, I don't leave promo's becoz you ruin it for yourself.

Very good guess about what the title means.

:D

Another great chapter. :)

The ending of the last chapter left you wondering why Amanda pulled away, but this one gives you more of an understanding which i think is good. I can understand her not wanting to get hurt again and her not wanting to hurt Peter again but if you don't take a risk then you'll never know whether it will work or not. Now Kelli's not there, it could do or something else could come into their live's stopping them from being happy.

Can't wait for more, Update soon. :D

Shan- No comment.

Should I feel left out or just laugh? :lol:

Wow! :( No Panda reunion as yet..They are going to reunite, right? Stupid Kelli, even though she didn’t kill Amanda, Amanda is right, she did succeed as such. I really do hope Amanda and Peter get back together, not just because I love them together so much. But, because they both love each other, that is enough. I still cant believe Amanda slapped him when he kissed her that’s so.. :o. I thought she would have melted into his kiss and responded. :(

Great chapter though Guys, Update soon. :wink:

Teaser:

Thinking about Amanda was the only thing Pete was doing since being in the hospital last week. Kissing her then and leaving was wrong but, at the time he felt kissing her was the right thing to do. But, walking out was the hardest thing he went through in a long time.

Archived