It All Went Wrong

Guest ~Angel~

Thanks for the comments. Here's chapter 4...

Chapter 4

Jack was in bed but Martha lay awake.

You got rid of my baby, now I’m going to get rid of yours…

The words cut through her like a blade. She was afraid. Who knew what Evan could do? She tossed around again.

“Mmm… Martha, are you okay? You’ve been tossing and turning all night,” Jack said.

“It’s okay. I just can’t get any sleep,” Martha said. “I’ll stop turning around,”

She kissed him. Then she heard the alarm go off and then the sound of Alison crying and Ashley screaming.

“For god's sake!” Jack yelled against the alarm. Martha panicked and ran in quickly to Alison’s room and then picked up Ashley from here.

“It’s okay,” Marta muttered. “It was probably the thunder outside.”

She stroked Ashley’s hair and hugged Alison tightly. Jack ran downstairs and turned off the alarm. Martha sighed and put the girls back in bed and then got in herself.

“Hi Mattie. Hi Luke. What are you doing here?” Martha smiled.

“Uncle Lucas!” Ashley said, running into Lucas’s arms.

“Luca,” Alison smiled from the carpet.

“We wanted to tell you and Jack something,” Matilda said. “Is Jack around?”

“Yeah, I’ll call him,” Martha said. “Jack, come down!”

“Oh, hey Luke, Hey Mattie,” Jack said. “What’s up?”

“Well, last night something special happened and we wanted you to be the first to know about it,” Matilda said. “Apart from Tony and Mum of course,”

“We got engaged!” Lucas and Mattie announced together.

“Wow!” Martha exclaimed. “Congratulations!”

“Yeah, congratulations, Bro,” Jack said. “But you don’t know what you’re getting into,”

Martha punched Jack lightly.

“It was a joke,” Jack cried, in self defence.

Evan approached Martha on the beach.

“Evan, just get lost!” Martha screamed when he reached out to touch her.

“No. I want my child,” Evan said. “I’m not letting you forget that you had an abortion with me!”

“I was drunk, I was young and I was stupid. It was never meant to happen,” Martha yelled.

“I’m going to get my baby back,” Evan said. “No matter what it takes…”

Jack was driving home. He looked in the mirror and saw a car chasing after him. He sped up and went faster but the car went faster too. He looked back in front of him.

“OH GOD!” he shouted. He turned the wheel but it was too late. The car crashed into the tree and toppled over. The car behind him stopped and Evan got out.

“Now is just the beginning,” he muttered.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

The phone rang. Alison was crying and Ashley was sitting in the corner after being told off for spilling paint on the furniture.

"Just shut up Alison! Just shut up!" Martha shouted. Alison started crying even more.

"For god’s sake," Martha said. She ran over to the phone. "Hello?"

Alison wiped her eyes and crawled over to Ashley to give her a hug.

"Oh my god!" Martha said into the phone. She hung up and called Alf. Alf hurried over.

"Just go to the hospital and I’ll mind the girls," Alf said. Martha got into the car and sped off towards the hospital.

Martha ran up to Rachel.

"Rachel! Rachel! Is he ok?!" Martha said.

"He’s not getting any better, but not getting any worse either," Rachel said.

"I want to see him," Martha said, wiping her tears.

"I’ll just check," Rachel said. She disappeared into the ward and came back a few minutes later.

"You can go in now," Rachel said. Martha went in.

"Hi," Martha said. "This is all my fault,"

Martha sat down on the chair beside him. She kissed him and started to cry.

"What am I going to do without you?" Martha said. "Please don’t go. I need you. Ashley and Alison need you. They’re only little."

She put her hand in his.

"You mean everything to me, you’re all that I’ve got that really means the most," Martha said.

2 weeks after

"Is Jack ok?" Mattie asked.

"Yeah, he’s getting better and better," Martha said. "Where are Ashley and Alison?"

"They were playing in the back garden a few minutes ago," Lucas said. Martha ran into the garden.

"Well, they’re not there now," Martha said, panicking.

"Don’t worry. They probably went upstairs or something," Mattie said uncertainly, running upstairs. Lucas ran after her too, while Martha searched downstairs.

"Ashley? Alison?" Martha called out.

"They’re not upstairs," Mattie said, coming down.

"What if he took them?" Martha said.

"Who’s ‘he’?" Lucas said.

"my god!" Martha said looking at the note on the front door.

‘I told you if I can’t have mine you can’t have yours. I’ll give you back your children if you sleep with me.’

"What?"Mattie said.

"Never mind," Martha muttered. "Luke, you call Alf and Kim and Tony and all them and tell them the kids have gone missing."

Lucas got out his phone.

"Mattie can you go around to people asking them if they’ve seen them," said Martha. "I’m going to go look around the neighbourhood. For someone…"

Archived