Most Famous Person to go to your High School

Guest Ryan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alun Wyn Jones who plays rugby for Wales went to my comp and i sailed with him and Russel T Davies (Dr Who writer/creator person) used to go to the school i went to for sixth form because my biol teacher always liked to show us where he sat! lol Dont think there was anyone else?! But Catherine Zeta Jones' house is close to mine and Lee Trundle plays for the Swans (football) and his Girlfriend Liz from Atomic Kitten are always out and about along with his other team mates and often see Welsh Rugby players too and stars of Welsh tv progs and also good old Bonnie Tyler! lol

Keisha Castle Hughes 9whale rider, nominated for an oscar at 13 years old) used to go to my school PHS in Auckland, she was there from year 9-11 (thats equivilant to year 8-10 in aus :P) she move houses after that and moved school, its funny during her oscar time we ahd this banner thing at the back of the hall that had "go Keisha" on it and she gave this speech to our school before she went off to USA :P

My old school was visited by Lemar because he was (apparently) an ex-pupil.

My current school has loads of notable alumni - the most famous being Bruce Forsyth.

Others include Johnny Haynes (footballer), Sayed Kamall (conservative MEP), and an actress who has starred in "Children of Men" and "Shooting Dogs". (Having previewed this message I have just realised that bttb thinks I'm trying to swear and has replaced her name with ****, so I have instead found the imdb link here).

Whilst they never attended, the school retains strong links with Charles and Mary Lamb (they lived down the road from the school - their house is still there - and there is a school house named after them now), and John Keats (another local with a school house named after him).

We've had a number of prominent individuals visit the school, including George Galloway (I missed it but apparently he complained that there was a student conspiracy against him as the questions were nothing to do with what he wanted to talk about!), and the founder of the campaign to stop the Oxford animal lab, Mel Broughton. Last year the awards ceremony talk was given by Kurt Barling (reporter on BBC London), and George Allagiah (BBC newsreader) has often been involved with the school.

Last year the new sports facilities were opened by Princess Anne, in 1926 the south block of the school was opened by the Duke and Duchess of York (later to become their majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother), and in 1966 the Queen Mother opened the gym, art studios and technology block.

It wasn't until I wrote all of this down that I realised how much better the connections my current school has actually are!

Steve Waugh's kids go to my school but they are in the primary.

I have already posted this part but meh

Some of the people for Kid Corageous went to my school but that was before I went there.

And Jodi Gordon went to my primary school, there is a chance she was still there when I started but I would have been in Kindy when she was in Yr 6 if she was still there.

Archived