The Big Childrens TV Appreciation Thread

Guest Nathan

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,she played that part brilliantly!

All these kids shows keep flooding back to me! Bod,Portland Bill(I still remember the theme tune! :lol: ),Cockleshell Bay,Lets Pretend,Rentaghost,The Henderson Kids 1 & 2,The Moomins,The Clangers! There are so many!! :lol:

Ooh I bought the original series of that on DVD a few weeks ago Mez! :D

It always seems to last ages when you're a kid, whether it's Paddington or Thomas the Tank Engine....then you watch them when you grow up and they're only 5 mins long! :huh:

I found this site a few months ago which is extremely interesting - shows how they made Thomas with periscopes attached to film cameras!

makingof08a.jpg

sunset.jpg

http://melgarvewarrior.tripod.com/sodorisl...dthescenes.html

He was one of my favorites along with Postman Pat! I totally hated Bagpuss! I loved Trumpton(Hugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert,Dibble &Dobbs!),Mr Benn,Camberwick Green,Morph(Chas was so funny!),Runaround,Crackerjack,No 73,Swapshop,Saturday Superstore,Tiswas,Ghost Train,Going Live,Jackanory,He-Man & She-Ra! I could go on forever!! :lol:

When I was a little kid I used to go to Nana's house and bring my Barney the Dinosaur video and watch it with her. Mum would come to pick me up a couple of hours later and I'd still be watching it. Nana asked mum "Why is Barney so damn long?". Turns out I kept rewinding it and watching it over again :lol:

He was one of my favorites along with Postman Pat! I totally hated Bagpuss! I loved Trumpton(Hugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert,Dibble &Dobbs!),Mr Benn,Camberwick Green,Morph(Chas was so funny!),Runaround,Crackerjack,No 73,Swapshop,Saturday Superstore,Tiswas,Ghost Train,Going Live,Jackanory,He-Man & She-Ra! I could go on forever!! :lol:

BARNEY! Wow, I loved him! I used to watch that all the time! (Not that I'm admitting it! :rolleyes: )

Archived