Australian Discussion Thread

Frankie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just pleased to see that Angus is back. I like that guy, and I respect Rachel for sticking up for him. I still think she's a damn stupid brat for ever pressuring him into that mess in the first place. BUT now that they're there, it's good that she hasn't thrown him to the wolves and she's still trying to defend him and take responsibility for her own actions.

That said, isn't it nice to see Susan calling the police and getting Angus thrown in jail for abusing his position of trust over Rachel? Just think Kimmy, if you had have been a 17 year old girl, people would have cared. One year and one swapped chromosome makes all the difference in this society...

Throw Angus in jail and throw *others* an engagement party. Yeah, that's fair :rolleyes:

I really must let go of this someday. Someday...

I hate, hate, HATE Miranda! And the rest of the Parkers for the matter? By that I mean, Miranda, Steve, Riley and Bridget. I cannot stand any other. Miranda should just learn to but out. They're bringing down the show.

There's another Parker family member named "Nicola" (exactly like our Nicole, but far too old for it to be cute), Marco's attempting gay comedy, and Carmella is back with a new Camanetti cousin, no less. Kill me. Kill me now.

I actually switched over to Today/Tonight AND A Current Affair in search of relief, but the Logies stories wrapped up too quick and now I have nowhere else to go :(

Great Carmella's back. I wish she would leave. Now. She always thinks that everything is about her, thinking Elle just brought the share in the General Store to get to her. Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason. I seriously hope Elle kicks her a**. I want to see a cat fight and I have no doubt Elle will come out on top.

Nicola. Where do I start? I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I have no idea why I watch the show when I hardly like any of the characters.

Question, what did Angus write in the note he gave to Rachel? I say he gave her his ring or something, but what else was there. I missed it.

Declan and Ringo. I can't abandon them. Not yet...

But this Parker family incest is making it difficult. Am I supposed to find this sexy and exciting? Well, maybe if they were the same age, and if he hadn't been twelve when he became her nephew. EW.

How old is she? How long has this been going on? Am I supposed to be swooning over the forbidden love and saying "awww that's so sad that they can't be together." Well, sorry, but all I'm thinking right now is they should both be in therapy and she should be in jail! Once again, the boys like Angus get railroaded for betraying a position of trust, and the girls like Nicola get the sexy vixen label and we all beg and drool for more. Ugh. I want to throw up.

Don't even ask me how dirty I feel for defending Riley <_<

And before anyone says anything this is different to Amanda and Drew because Amanda wasn't related to Drew's parents, she didn't know him at all until he was 17, and she wasn't the one who initiated the whole thing or pressured Drew to continue it. Also, Amanda has infinitely more to offer as a character than Nicola, who is just a dumb sl*t who's obviously been brought in in a vain attempt to boost interest in the Parker family fiasco by creating this sickening "controversy" with Riley - RILEY!! - at the center of it! My GOD! Is everyone hitting the crack pipe in that writers' room or WHAT!?

But this Parker family incest is making it difficult. Am I supposed to find this sexy and exciting? Well, maybe if they were the same age, and if he hadn't been twelve when he became her nephew. EW.

How old is she? How long has this been going on? Am I supposed to be swooning over the forbidden love and saying "awww that's so sad that they can't be together." Well, sorry, but all I'm thinking right now is they should both be in therapy and she should be in jail! Once again, the boys like Angus get railroaded for betraying a position of trust, and the girls like Nicola get the sexy vixen label and we all beg and drool for more. Ugh. I want to throw up.

That's really interesting, that is definitely NOT how I perceived Nicole and the storyline. It's supposed to be pretty disgusting and strange, and she seems pretty messed up, that's the idea I'm getting from all of it. I didn't once see it as ''aww a tragic love story'' type thing.

I liked the Rachel/Angus/Susan stuff last week!

I can tolerate Nicola for now, but I hope that sooner or later they start to write her more of an Izzy and less of a... actually, I can't think of an example of a more one-dimensional soap-bitch. But it's only day 2, so I'll reserve judgement.

What's annoying me is this sudden feud between Carmella and Elle. OK, so Oliver got with Elle soon after breaking up with Carmella, but I don't remember Carmella treating her with this kind of bitterness before. Not since Marco came along, in any case.

Also, has anyone noticed how many problems Steve and Miranda caused by not letting Janae in on the deal to buy No. 26?

* For a start, they're a lot more in debt that they would have been if they had accepted the quote Janelle offered them with Janae's share knocked off.

* Janae and Ned's relationship wouldn't have been further damaged, leading to the kiss with Darren,

* Janae wouldn't have been forced to leave.

* Libby would have left with Darren and not broken up on of the show's major supercouples.

Hence, my now diminished sympathy for them. From the beginning, when Janae told them that Janelle was willing to knock Janae's share off the price, I found their reaction inexplicable: how the hell did they not see that as an advantage?! I wouldn't say that I hate either of them but I don't think those episodes were realistically written and the street is in bad shape as a result.

Once again, the boys like Angus get railroaded for betraying a position of trust, and the girls like Nicola get the sexy vixen label and we all beg and drool for more. Ugh. I want to throw up.

EXACTLY.

Angus genuinely fell for an intelligent, beautiful person who just happened to turn out to be his student. That wasn't his fault, he didn't know. And when he did, he tried to do the right thing, but he loved her. Rachel the person, not the student, Rachel the person who is old enough and mature enough to make her own decisions. Angus didn't do a thing wrong, and now he's imprisoned. Nicola, on the other hand, comes across as seductive, 'hot' and blah blah blah. I'm basically repeating you, but the double standards just make me sick. And this is coming from a female's point of view. It's just not fair.

Another thing that bothers me about Nicola is that she's just freaking patronizing. I'm with Rachel on that one; what an insult. Poor Rachel, having to listen to Nicola imply that love at a young age can't possibly be forever or even validated, after what she's going through right now. Rachel's far more of a woman than Nicola. Bloody skanky whore.

Furthermore, as Bridget's aunty, shouldn't Nicola talk her through her trust issues, help her get to the root of them so she can therefore overcome what holds her back in a relationship? Yes, Bridget is 'young', but these issues will only fester overtime and be carried on into adulthood. Bridget trusted her to open up about it all, and what did Nicola do? Mess with her head, that's what. She's just so freaking irresponsible, skanky, patronizing and ugh. And I'm not usually a snap-judgement kind of person.

Furthermore, as Bridget's aunty, shouldn't Nicola talk her through her trust issues, help her get to the root of them so she can therefore overcome what holds her back in a relationship? Yes, Bridget is 'young', but these issues will only fester overtime and be carried on into adulthood. Bridget trusted her to open up about it all, and what did Nicola do? Mess with her head, that's what. She's just so freaking irresponsible, skanky, patronizing and ugh. And I'm not usually a snap-judgement kind of person.

I tuned out a lot of what Nicola was babbling about because I already wouldn't give her the time of day (I'm starting to understand those people who change channels when certain characters are on) but the result seemed to be that Bridget thinks that she should "loosen up" and sleep with Ringo because that's the cool thing to do. I'm suprised that Nicola didn't encourage her to sleep with Riley, if she was willing to share her sexy (shudder) nephew with her favourite niece. "What, you're both adopted aren't you? Ohhh you were adopted together... well, that's alright. What's family got to do with it anyway?" :rolleyes:

Archived