Australian Discussion Thread

Frankie

Hard to say considering it cannot be proven. The prosecution in Hudson's case will advocate for murder, whereas Hudson's defence will say it was manslaughter has Hudson had no intention to kill Robbo, but he should have known that by scaring he could hurt him by accident. He committed the crime though so there's no doubt about that.

For it to be murder, it needs to be proven that Hudson had the intention to kill (Mens Rea) Robbo and secondly he committed the crime (Actus Reus). If these two things can be proven, Hudson's in a serious amount of trouble and he'll be charged with murder.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed the flashback episode. They had me for a moment when Amber got back in the car, I actually thought it's was going to be her that ran him down.

But once she got out of the car and the last ad break came on I knew it would go back to the police station with the confession, and that it would be Hudson, since he was the only one who didn't have a flashback from that night and the episode was coming to an end.

Really well done storyline. Also everyone was complaining of how long this storyline was dragging on, is it just me that thinks this storyline wasn't dragged on?

I mean compared to H&A storylines that get dragged on for months on end, I felt this storyline started and finished pretty quickly.

The timing of the storyline was spot on. It wasn't too quick to the point that everyone forgot about the hit and run but it wasn't dragging on for too long either.

The flashbacks were fantastic. It's a pity Robbo's gone as he was a complex character and Aaron Jakubenko portrayed him brilliantly.

• 2 weeks later...

The voice of the bearded guy suing the gym was really bugging me and I finally caught his name in the credits. I honestly didn't recognise Paul O'Brien, aka Jack Holden. The beard is because he's shooting a film, but I actually think it suits him.

Really does seem the year of the beard.

Also took me a while to figure out Marty was Scott Robinson #1, Darius Perkins. Must have been a bit weird for him and Stefan to be playing opposite each other when they first started as playing brothers all those years ago.

That Gemma is really turning out to be a manipulative piece of work. Callum might have to watch himself with the way she was carrying on.

Rhiannon is supposed to be back this week I think and brings her son with her this time. Liked her first appearance and hope we get a few scenes of her and Paul - they were fun last time.

Not sure when Lucy is due back but must in the next month or so.

Yep the bearded's guy name in the show is Eric Edwards and he's being played by Paul O'Brien who's very well-known for playing the incompetent policeman Jack Holden :P

Yes Darius definitely looks different now as opposed to the 1980s. I wouldn't have recognised him until someone pointed it out to me. I can still see the mannerisms within him and his voice hasn't changed that much these days.

Rhiannon returned yesterday. It's good to see her back as I enjoyed her first stint on the show back in April/May.

Loved seeing Paul O'Brien in Neighbours. Even though I didnt like his character didn't like what he was going to do to Brad.

Rhiannon is back yay. I hope she sticks around this time and mends Mason's broken heart after Kate trampled on it. I can sort of understand why some people on Facebook book call Kate a tramp. She did sleep with her best friends boyfriend after all.

• 3 months later...

Archived