Dazed

Guest Nicom

Story Title: Dazed

Type of story: medium fictions (In other words, I hope it's not long, but I'd be fooling myself and you all if I thought I could control my ramble to a short fic)

Main Characters: J&M

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama

Does story include spoilers: Yes

Any warnings: V/D

Summary: Based on spoilers about Martha and the pole dancing club.

Note:

Some of you may know that I have another fic on the go, which I've recently been finding hard to update. So really, it's quite stupid of me to post another. But I've had this one planned for a while and 4 of the chapters have just been sitting in one of my files for quite a while with no one to read them. I figured that I may aswell post them and only update slowly. My other fic will be my main priority until I get it finished. This means I'll probably only update this fic once a week. :( I may do more, but don't count on it.

So here we go.. Chapter 1. :D

Chapter 1

She giggled, feeling the warm breath upon her neck as he spoke through her curls of hair. She was sat upon his lap, his hand on her naked thigh as he rubbed gently across her skin. He paused for a moment, lifting the hand up and sweeping the stiff hair from her eyes.

The aroma of hair-spray broke away, dispersing into the surrounding air and stinging her framed eyes. The freshly applied mascara and eyeliner echoed the shape of her eyes, dulling the once beautiful blue glow they held.

“Hey, gorgeous,” He said softly, creeping his hand back down onto her leg.

Martha smiled down at him, wrapping his arms around his neck. “Yes?”

“We’ll have another beer when you’re ready.” He smirked, watching as his friend slapped another $5 on the mucky table.

Martha sighed, rolling her eyes as she hopped off his lap and took the $5 from the dirty table. As she walked away he grabbed her hand, swinging her back around.

She faced him, looking down at his grinning face. “Give us a kiss then.” He said cheekily.

She bent down, holding her lips against his for a moment or two, before strutting over to the grotty bar.

Jack sat in Noah’s, holding his drink in front of him on the table. He was looking around the empty bar, divulging in the little chatter that sounded from table to table. It was all noise. The bar area was practically empty, with Ric alone in the centre.

A sudden smash of glass sounded from behind the bar.

“Crap!” Ric cursed, hitting his hand on the hard surface.

“Alright mate?” Jack laughed.

Ric looked over at Jack, shaking his head. “The sooner granddad finds a replacement, the better,” Ric grumbled. “I hate Martha for leaving me to cover her shifts.” He said, ducking under the bar area to try and sort out the mess.

“Where is she working now, anyway? It must be somewhere good, I can’t see why she’d quit here really. It feels weird with her not being around anymore.” Jack said to Ric.

Ric popped his head up. “Am I not good enough for you, Jack?” He joked.

Jack laughed. “Nah, it’s just weird that I haven’t seen her in ages. I used to pop in here occasionally to catch up, and now I can’t even do that!” He explained.

Ric sighed, standing up and leaning on the surface. “Well you could always pop over to ours and see her. She’s not been herself recently, not that she admits it. Maybe you could try and see what’s wrong?”

“Yea, of course.” Jack nodded, watching with a smile as Ric searched below the bar area. “The dustpan and brush are in the store room; second shelf.” He informed him with a grin.

Ric walked over to the store room to find that the desired equipment was indeed located on the second shelf.

Ric looked at Jack curiously. “How did you know that?” He asked in amazement.

Jack grinned, “Well, I used to spend quite a bit of time in that store cupboard with Martha – helping her with deliveries.”

Ric nodded, continuing with the job at hand.

Jack watched him for a moment before looking back down at the table, thinking of what could be wrong with Martha. He didn’t even notice the person walk behind him.

“Helping her with deliveries my arse.” Kim whispered, before sitting in front of Jack.

Jack laughed sneakily, “Well...” He chuckled into his drink.

“You and Mike seem to be hitting it off,” Hannah observed with a smile as she served a drink to a customer.

Martha turned to her fellow barwoman, “Yea, he’s alright.” She sighed.

Hannah looked towards Martha, squinting her eyes. “Just alright? It’s Mike! He’s hot and he’s the owner of this joint! He’s not just alright.” She told her.

“Sorry,” Martha apologized, “He’s wonderful!” She mocked, flicking her fake eyelashes.

Hannah shook her head with a laugh, “Go on up then, it’s your turn,” She instructed, gesturing to the stage in front of the tables.

Martha groaned, tilting her head to the side. “What, again?” She whined.

“That’s what I said. Now, go.” Hannah told her sternly.

Martha groaned, turning on her heel as she made her way out the bar area and down the rows of table. Whistles roared around the room as she strolled to the stage and cheers began as she stood up onto the first step. With each heavy step she could hear her inner conscious screaming to stop, but the loud music soon deafened it so she could continue.

The next day.

Sally took Pippa from her high chair and placed her on the floor, watching as she crawled along the floor to her toys.

“How’s the little rugrat?” Alf smiled, walking through and grinning playfully at Pippa below. Pippa giggled in response.

“She’s made a mess of her breakfast, haven’t you Pippa?” Sally asked the smile child.

“Awww,” Alf sighed. “Oh, hi Jack.” He grinned up to the door in surprise at Jack.

Jack smiled as he entered. “Hey Alf, Sally.” He nodded to them.

Sally walked over to the table, picking up an empty plate, “Oh Jack, I’m sorry to hear about you and Sam.” She frowned, moving to the sink.

Jack shook his head, “Thanks, but it’s alright. It was a mutual decision. We realised that we were together for comfort, not for the right reasons. We’re still friends.” He told them.

Sally and Alf smiled. “Well, I’m glad to hear that you’re alright about it. There’s nothing worse than coming out of a break-up heartbroken.” Alf sighed.

Sally turned around sharply, “Mr Stewart!” She scolded, shaking her head.

Alf frowned, rubbing his head. “I’m sorry Jack, I didn’t think.” He apologized.

Jack laughed, “Nah, it’s fine. I’m over it and glad Martha and I are friends.” He assured him. “Which is coincidently why I’m here. Is Martha in?” He asked.

Alf, still red in the face from his stupid error, shook his head. “She went out for a walk about 5 minutes ago; she normally walks along the beach if you want to catch her. If not, I can tell her to give you a call.” He offered.

Jack shook his head, walking backwards. “Thanks, but I’ll catch her up; I know where she walks anyway.” He told Alf. “See you later.” He waved to Sally and Alf before exiting quickly.

Martha stood leaning against the fence, closing her eyes as the wind blew through her silky smooth hair. She smiled as she allowed her skin to breath and her eyes to move freely without the layers of mascara. It felt good not to be caked up with make-up and with a head full of hair-spray; she felt relaxed and free.

But she couldn’t complain; the job was helping her in so many ways. She felt like she was in control, as daft as it sounded, like she wouldn’t lose control anytime soon. Over a man, perhaps.

Yes, she was relating to past experiences. Ash the Arse, for example. She was so naïve when she found out about his wife and kids, thinking that he’d stop lying and end it with his wife. She was just too determined to make the relationship last that she couldn’t see what was really going on, and what a fool she was being made of. In the end her Aunty Morag and the others were right, and Ash lied again; leaving her a heartbroken fool.

“I don’t care. I don’t need love.” She told herself, clearing her throat. That was the idea of this new work. A place away from the happy town of Summer Bay and into a sleezy pole-dancing night club, where love didn’t even exist! Everyone was a liar, and everyone was a fool. She knew what she was dealing with. No secrets, no hidden truths. No high expectations. Everyone had a huge warning sign hung around their neck; she would be prepared for whatever they were going to give her. She wouldn’t be hurt again. Not from any of the low-lives that hung around the bar, anyway. They were too easy to read. Druggie, drunk, divorced ... No surprises like last time.

Though her reasons were full proof, (or should she say fool proof) she told no one. Not Ric, not her Grandad, not even Jack. He was her best friend in the bay now, and not even he knew what dirty little secret she had hidden in her work clothes. And it’d stay that way. None of them would understand.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry: NICOLE! I was reading the first paragraph of that and I was like ':o! Nicole's going to write a slushy fic' Then he went and slammed that $5 on the table and ruined the whole thing! lol.

Seriously though, it is wonderful. The way you've described it is done so well and you've actually been mature about it too. I *think* I shall look forward to chapter 2? :P

Yay you started your new fic! It's brilliant already.

The way you described it was amazing, the way you show how Jack and Martha know each other so well is great. This will be really interesting to see where this goes, seeing as no-one has started a fic from the spoilers as such.

Can't wait to read more, great start!

Even though I've already read a fair wy into this somehow I could tell you still wanted the review :P Anyway, it's been a while since I've read one of your fics, I almost forgot how fantastic the description and attention to detail is. (Plus it's kinda cute that you went and did research. Sorry had to say it :P) All I can say it you make me want to feel for Martha. And that is not an easy task, lol. Brilliant fic. :D

:angry: NICOLE! I was reading the first paragraph of that and I was like ':o! Nicole's going to write a slushy fic' Then he went and slammed that $5 on the table and ruined the whole thing! lol.

I thought the exact same thing :lol:

Excellent excellent writing Nicole!

This is going to be great, i can feel it :P

Poor Martha, shes working in some sleezy club and having gross old men putting their filthy hands all over her and gawking at her every second of the day. Icky!

Wait till Jack finds out! Hes not going to be too pleased when he finds out that his Martha is working in a slezzy joint like that.

Its up to you to save her Jack...No change there then :D

Update soon, cant wait to see what happens next :)

Well Miss Nic

You have finally posted it.

Its amazing the descriptions your using are fantastic.

This has to be my fave! :P

Jack grinned, “Well, I used to spend quite a bit of time in that store cupboard with Martha – helping her with deliveries.”

Ric nodded, continuing with the job at hand.

Jack watched him for a moment before looking back down at the table, thinking of what could be wrong with Martha. He didn’t even notice the person walk behind him.

“Helping her with deliveries my arse.” Kim whispered, before sitting in front of Jack.

Jack laughed sneakily, “Well...” He chuckled into his drink.

Made me giggle

Update soon

I hope we dont have to wait a week :)

Great fic Miss Nic

xxxxxxxx

Archived