What should you be doing now?

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming from a mum its weird saying this because its still a few years off for me. But I want my son to be everything that he can be, and if pushing him to do well at school then I'm going to do it. ^_^ So I understand what my parents were trying to do by pushing me thru school and then trying to get me to go to uni.

I understand that the parents want us to do well - but they have such high expectations. They are always pushing me to go to the Royal College of Surgeons or study Law or become a Teacher - what if I don't want to do that? What if I don't want to do that? But the sad thing is, I probably will, because my parents aren't going to let me 'waste my life'. As if I'm wasting my life! I'm enjoying my year off, can't I even do that?

Yeah, but study something you don't want to is my problem. They practically laughed at me when I tried to compromise and said "Okay, I'll go to college. But I will be studying what I want to do, that being Photography, Journalism, and Art and Design". That's what I want to do. My point is, the reaction...

"Good joke, Kat."

Yeah, but study something you don't want to is my problem. They practically laughed at me when I tried to compromise and said "Okay, I'll go to college. But I will be studying what I want to do, that being Photography, Journalism, and Art and Design". That's what I want to do. My point is, the reaction...

"Good joke, Kat."

That's not a very good response. But then again its parents for you. I'm lucky choosing to do studying this late in life. Because I get to choose where I want to go, what I want to study and all that sort of stuff. But then again I would have loved to have done it when I was younger. Alas I wouldn't change my son for anything in the world. :wub:

Macbeth coursework. :(

^I remember doing that.

It was the piece that we had to hand in hand written.

7 pages back to back.

What am I supposed to be doing now?

Socio c/w.

Luckily this can be typed, 'Explain the dramatic tension in Act 2 Scene 2 and how this scene affects the rest of the play'. :huh::angry::unsure:<_<

Archived