Support Group

Dan F

If you hold off any longer, it will get too hard to stop.

It's a common occurrence for guys our age to have these sort of feelings. The GP will understand that and he/she won't force you to open up, but they just want to help you get back on track and to see you eat more. Have you tried talking to your Dad about it? I find it easier to talk to Dad about things than I do with Mum. I think it's normal.

Also, if I see you reading pro-ana sites, I'll fly over to Essex and slap you silly! :lol: PLEASE don't get dragged in to them!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever eating disorder I have (I refuse to call it anorexia because I eat - just extremely low calorie stuff) has just become ridiculous. It took me half an hour or so before I actually had the 'courage' to eat the first bite of a bowl of cereal. You know, I find it kinda funny actually.

Last night I ate 3 sticks of celery and felt okay, but then I physically couldn't eat anything else because I felt greedy. It's stupid because I know that is not greedy.

And just now I tried to eat something normal; that turned out to be half a biscuit and even then I just chewed it and spat it out (okay, you probably could've done without knowing that :lol: ). As I type this I've got another window open, scouring the net for pro-ana sites for tips of how to get away with not eating at Xmas without causing suspicion.

I'm really sorry BTW, 'cause this is the wrong place to post this, 'cause I'm not really in need of support or advice, I just needed to vent. :blink:

I can't say more than what others have already said, but Im gonna add this...

Please dont read the pro-ana sites. I have a friend who became anorexic. It was horrible seeing what she had to go through and still is going through. The toughest part was knowing that she was going through such an ordeal and not being able to help her.

Anyway, I'll get it sorted eventually. Holding off will only make it harder to do in the long run, right?

Exactly, so what are you waiting for? Don't wait until after new year, ring the gp now! I know it's not a great time to be dealing with problems (and believe me, I really do know about this, as I generally ruin Christmas for everyone by being ill) but wouldn't it be easier to get through Christmas with everything out in the open? Instead of worrying how you're going to hide the fact that you're not eating, when everyone else is stuffing themselves? And think what a good feeling it would be to start the new year knowing that you're on the way to recovery, rather than worrying about how you're going to find the courage to take that first step.

Have you tried talking to your Dad about it? I find it easier to talk to Dad about things than I do with Mum.

Tricky subject.

I'm very distant with my parents and talking to either of them is seriously out of question. :blink:

Also, if I see you reading pro-ana sites, I'll fly over to Essex and slap you silly!

:lol:

Please dont read the pro-ana sites. I have a friend who became anorexic. It was horrible seeing what she had to go through and still is going through.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, that must be hard for both you and her. I hope she's on the road to a full recovery now and that things'll get easier for you both. xx

And think what a good feeling it would be to start the new year knowing that you're on the way to recovery, rather than worrying about how you're going to find the courage to take that first step.

You know, that's really encouraging, thank you. I'll see if I can make an appointment for tomorrow - before I change my mind. :P

Thanks guys. :wub:

And think what a good feeling it would be to start the new year knowing that you're on the way to recovery, rather than worrying about how you're going to find the courage to take that first step.

You know, that's really encouraging, thank you. I'll see if I can make an appointment for tomorrow - before I change my mind. :P

Thanks guys. :wub:

Woo! :) Finally I said something that got through! Please, please follow through with it - the quicker you do it, the easier it will be. Let us know how you get on!

If you don't, I will travel to you and drag you into the Doctors. And don't think I won't!

Hee.

Then maybe I shouldn't? *adjusts halo*

I love you too much to lose you to such a horrible and stupid illness.

Aww! Likewise, Musie. <3

But I ain't going anywhere. Although, havin' said that, last night was pretty weird; my chest was very tight and sharp, and black dots kept appearing in front of my eyes on and off for about 20 minutes or so. But when I woke up this morning I was fine. I don't think it was my heart though 'cause it was more in the center of my chest, so nothing to worry about there. :P

Finally I said something that got through!

:lol: I know.

I'm sorry if I didn't reply a couple of times before BTW, it's either because I didn't see it or I didn't know what to say (which happens all the time; my mind goes completely blank).

My food problem is exactly the opposite in that I eat too much. When I am feeling down I tend to comfort eat (mainly sweet stodgy stuff such as chococat, cake etc) and as I struggle with mild depression that is quite frequently with the result that I am quite a bit (or rather a lot!) overweight. Does anyone else here have this problem? :unsure:

I used to think i was just greedy, but i do tend to comfort eat when i feel down. It sounds silly but sometimes with food i feel like its the only thing i can control when everything else in life is going haywire. I love to eat and i know in time it could seriously damage my health but it just doesn't seem to stop me.

^^I comfort eat way too much. I try not to...but I find that I turn resort to it when im feeling blue and depressed or bored...and when im bored I end up feeling blue and depressed.

I don't eat too much junk food (at least I dont think I do) and I don't over eat at meal times either...it's just when I comfort eat. It's usually too many cookies and chocolate (ice cream if there's any). These days I avoid picking up these things when I go to buy food and try to keep myself busy and go out when I can to keep myself from getting bored.

Archived