Support Group

Dan F

I think you should go for it. He obviously likes you or he wouldn't have gone out with you in the first place! Get in there before your friend beats you to it (although if she's any kind of friend she'll steer well clear).

Yeah i know that eh wouldnt of gone out with me in the first place if he didnt like me,But what if he changed his mind over time i mean i still really like him lots!

And my friend has some of her lessons with him and they Have to sit next to eachother,i only have one lesson with him and i dont get to sit near him. :( and my friend says she doesnt like him i dont know what to think :unsure: all i know is i really like him,but dont know if i could handle it if he said No!!!

Well, unless you have some way of finding out if he likes you (maybe you know one of his friends who might have some idea?), I'd say you just have to take the risk. It seems pretty likely that he'll say yes if he did before. He's single and he obviously likes you, so why wouldn't he? Sure, there's a chance he's gone off the idea, but it's a small chance and isn't it worth finding out one way or the other? Either that or he ends up meeting someone else while you're agonising over it!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so, i've just found out that my aunt has got cancer- for the third time, and im really upset. The first time i didn't really notice. I thought: 'Oh, she'll be fine.' And she was. For a while anyway. Then she got breast cancer and had to have chemo. Thats when i realised what was actually going on. Now they've found another growth and they cant remove it because it's attached to some organs and with her age and everything (she's 87) its too risky to operate. They say there's nothing they can do. She seems to be handling it really well, but i know she's just putting on a brave face for us all. For about a month my other aunt (whose 85) had to look after her as there was no one else. They live all the way in devon and we're in Norfolk, so we cant exactly get down there. Because they're so close i dont think they'll be able to cope without one another. So now im worried that im going to lose both my aunts! They're more like family to me then my other aunts, uncles and cousins. I know they're old but they still have ages left yet. It's hard enough knowing im going to lose one aunt, i hate the thought of losing them both. I dont know what to do! :(

Awww Tiff! *HUG*

The best thing you can do is to make sure you spend some time with them and keep in touch/talk to them as much as you can. It might not seem or sound like much but I'm sure it will mean the world to them.

Christmas is comming up...so maybe the family can get together and have a really memorable/unforgettable christmas... take lots of pictures etc and have a really good time.

Maybe even do something special for the both of them, once you've worked out what they may like.

I hope those ideas help. :)

I don't get it.

I know it's wrong and bad for me but I just can't help myself - I'm even watching a thinspo video as I type this - but I just can't get back to the way I was before I started obsessing about my weight (or lack of).

My friends are starting to think I'm weird 'cause the other night we were hanging out in Subway and one of them offered me a chip and I just broke it up into small pieces and kept talking to avoid eating it. Then I got offered another one - which I think was as a 'test' to see what I'd do - and I just held it until we left (which was about 15 minutes later or something) and threw it in a bin on the way to the cab.

I want to stop but I don't want to.

Like I said at the beginning of this post: I don't get it. :(

I hear that. I was supposed to renew my brain medicines I don't know how long ago. As well as continue councelling. Yeah, that didn't happen.

Doctors look at me like I'm an attention seeking drug-addict, and councellors look at me like it's all in my head... Gee, I can't imagine why I wouldn't want to keep going back to that :rolleyes:. And when I finally caved in and tried the medication, I told my family and they started treating me differently... as if taking the step to actually try and get help meant that I must be REALLY psychotic, and they should keep their distance... That, or they believed that the drugs would make me crazy because it happened to all their friends. Funny, I didn't think I was exactly the same as their friends with the same life experiences and same chemical tolerances but apparently I am. How 'bout that?

I gave up in the end because I was just too lazy for it. Taking drugs every day is difficult to remember, and it's expensive. Not to mention socially awkward, having to refill those medications and go begging at a doctors office like a junkie in a back alley. Having them sit there looking down on me like a stronger, more responsible person would never depend on some kind of chemical to fix their lives for them, they'd suck it up and do it themselves. I can really do without that extra added confidence boost. And the side-effects, I can do without those too.

Anyway... I'm only rambling about this because I just had a driving lesson with an instructor - ie, a total stranger. I don't like meeting new people, and I certainly don't like driving. Double stress, and I almost cried before he turned up because I couldn't handle it. I kept thinking if only I was normal, if only I could make a commitment to the medication to avoid having random breakdowns and panic attacks for idiotic reasons, if only I was on the medication, I could use it as an excuse to get out of driving altogether because I'd be perpetually stoned :rolleyes:

Damned if you do and dead if you don't. It's not a happy situation, but I'd say that you're one up on me because you're actually attempting to do something to make things better. Whereas I'm just complaining about how every option is too hard :rolleyes:

Archived