Support Group

Dan F

This is going to sound terribly patronising but I don't mean it to. I read recently that scientists have discovered that the human brain does not fully mature til around the age of 25, so it is normal to feel a bit stuck and confused before that time. I definitely remember being in a fog until I was mid 20s, but then it cleared. Probably sounds a bit mad, but if that is what the human brain is like, that is how it is :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i'm 24 and still stupid so go figure....

Anyway,this is kinda for me and a friend.I have 2 friends who aren't talking to each other.He said something which upset her so she threw a fake rose in his lap so now he's ignoring her.She got upset by what he said becourse she really likes him but he doesn't know this.I wasn't there when this happened and she got quite upset,the guy i like comforted her.For some reason she thought i' be mad but i wasn't.If onee 0f us is upset he always see's if we're ok.So anyway the point is my other friend either didn't notice or didn't care she was upset.

This week when she went out to have a smoke he come up to our table and started talking to me and my best friend who was sitting next to me.When she come back from her smoke my other friend said i think she's feeling left out after a few minutes.He just shrugged,said so and kept talking to me.

When he left my friend was in tears.I felt bad becourse i'm friends with both of them.I didn't know if i should try to include her or even if i should talk to him,,though he come up to our table so he wanted to talk to me and i didn't want to ignore him,i just feltt bad for her.My friend said she saw him coming over to our table earlier but he changed his mind when he saw her.

She said she wasn't going to go after him becourse that's what he wants but now she say's she will becourse she's seen the predicament i'm in but she's not sure what to say to him.Also, if he doesn't wanna know about her where does that leave me becourse i feel bad when he comes to talk to me and hugs me but ignores her yet i've been friends with him for longer....Life sucks!

God I hope this made some sort of sence!

Hey Lynd. Ain't talked to/seen ya here for ages. :P

It makes sense.

It's never easy when 2 of your close friends decide to stop talking to each other...especially when you're the person in the middle.

It's so hard to know who you should talk to or hang out with when both of them are around...and no matter what decision you make, in the eyes of one person, it will be the wrong decision whether they admit it or not...if that makes sense.

When I was in a similar situation I talked to both of the friends involved and explained to them that they were making things difficult and uncomfortable for me. I also explained to them that I didn't want to feel as though I had to chose between them...because I didn't want to.

It didn't go down too well to begin with, but eventually things did improve. They're still not talking to each other, and there are still some akward moments, but on the whole things are getting better...slowly but surely.

Just talk to them and let them know how things are for you...this isn't just affecting them.

I hope that helps. :)

^^I know what it's like to have friends who stop speaking to each other.

Okay, so here's whats up: I really like this guy but so does my best friend! I liked him before her and she said she didn't even think he was good looking! Now he's all she talks about! It really annoys me! This has happened before with another one of my friends and now i feel like i cant talk about my feelings to either of them! In the end i said that i didn't like this guy just so we could get on! But i still really like him! I don't know what to do! I've told one of my best mates about it and she understands but has no idea what to do either! HELP!

-_-:(:unsure:

ok so i have this problem.......and yes its about a guy...I need to know what to do!

I really like this guy and we have been out before,but i had to end it with him because i thought i was moving school ,in the end i didnt and i still really like him....i get butterflies when hes near me and i feel sick but in a good way.i dont know what to do, because i like him so much if he said no i dont know what id do!

And there is another problem my bestest friend likes him i think and i think he likes her too and she knows how i feel towards him!

I really like him and i dont know what to do....HELP! :unsure:

name='carmelle' post='712762' date='Nov 9 2007, 01:15 AM']Hey Lynd. Ain't talked to/seen ya here for ages.

It makes sense.

It's never easy when 2 of your close friends decide to stop talking to each other...especially when you're the person in the middle.

It's so hard to know who you should talk to or hang out with when both of them are around...and no matter what decision you make, in the eyes of one person, it will be the wrong decision whether they admit it or not...if that makes sense.

When I was in a similar situation I talked to both of the friends involved and explained to them that they were making things difficult and uncomfortable for me. I also explained to them that I didn't want to feel as though I had to chose between them...because I didn't want to.

It didn't go down too well to begin with, but eventually things did improve. They're still not talking to each other, and there are still some akward moments, but on the whole things are getting better...slowly but surely.

Just talk to them and let them know how things are for you...this isn't just affecting them.

I hope that helps.

Hey!Yeah, haven't seen ya in ages...Shame it's in this thread.

Thanks.I know that's what i'll have to do if things don't change soon.It does help.It's not only effecting me in that way but making things a bit weird fo me with the guy i like becourse i know she likes the friend she's not talking to so i feel bad about talking to thee guy i like.A few weeks ago i was playing with his hair and talking to him in front of her and it's not till after i thought about her.At first she said it upset her a bit becourse she wanted to be like that with who she's fighting with,then she said she was fine,then she was upset again.So yeah,like you said she won't admit to how she really feels to make me feel better.

And yes i do have a unhealthy obsession with playing with his shaved head,lol.He's used to it he just goes yeah touch it if ya want.

name='xTiffx' post='712776' date='Nov 9 2007, 02:28 AM']^^I know what it's like to have friends who stop speaking to each other.

Okay, so here's whats up: I really like this guy but so does my best friend! I liked him before her and she said she didn't even think he was good looking! Now he's all she talks about! It really annoys me! This has happened before with another one of my friends and now i feel like i cant talk about my feelings to either of them! In the end i said that i didn't like this guy just so we could get on! But i still really like him! I don't know what to do! I've told one of my best mates about it and she understands but has no idea what to do either! HELP!

-_-:(:unsure:

name='xbeccababeiix' post='712777' date='Nov 9 2007, 02:32 AM']ok so i have this problem.......and yes its about a guy...I need to know what to do!

I really like this guy and we have been out before,but i had to end it with him because i thought i was moving school ,in the end i didnt and i still really like him....i get butterflies when hes near me and i feel sick but in a good way.i dont know what to do, because i like him so much if he said no i dont know what id do!

And there is another problem my bestest friend likes him i think and i think he likes her too and she knows how i feel towards him!

I really like him and i dont know what to do....HELP! :unsure:

I'm in the same situation.My best friend and i both like the same guy though i've known and liked him for longer.I don't really have any advice,at the moment she's just started going out with another guy. I'm not sure she likes him as much as the guy we like but something might grow and i think she's trying to get over the other guy for my sake though i'm a bit peeved she went and talked to him alone last week when i asked her not to...I know it's probably unreasonable but it really upset me she was alone with him when i know she likes him and she knows how much i like him.

Same here ive known and liked the guy longer,but they have lessons together and we only have one lesson which we dont even talk to eachother anymore!we used too! and he is a really great guy.My friend says she doesnt like him,and i dont know what to think to be honest.All i know is i really like this guy really really x10000000 like him!

If he said no it would totally break my heart and i dont know what i would do!

:unsure:

I think you should go for it. He obviously likes you or he wouldn't have gone out with you in the first place! Get in there before your friend beats you to it (although if she's any kind of friend she'll steer well clear).

Yeah i know that eh wouldnt of gone out with me in the first place if he didnt like me,But what if he changed his mind over time i mean i still really like him lots!

And my friend has some of her lessons with him and they Have to sit next to eachother,i only have one lesson with him and i dont get to sit near him. :( and my friend says she doesnt like him i dont know what to think :unsure: all i know is i really like him,but dont know if i could handle it if he said No!!!

So I got word about the benefits. They have taken away my Incapacity Benefits so I am pretty much ****ed. Spent about an hour crying but Mum is trying to make me feel better.

I would accept it and move on if it wasn't so confusing. They sent a questionnaire which I supposedly filled out and it was completely wrong. Plus, if they got those answers from the doc who examined me, he is completely dodgy. He never asked me any of those questions and I wouldn't tick the wrong boxes about something so serious.

We plan on ringing them and perhaps appealling. If that doesn't get anywhere, I may have to go on Job Seekers Allowance.

Archived