One More Chance

Guest -ParaisGal-

Chapter Four

Martha smiles up at the sky, it had been three and a half months since Sam’s disappearance and she and Jack were getting along rather well. She was now rather large, due to her being eight months pregnant. Her and Jack hadn’t really talked about the baby. She suddenly saw a figure on the beach, staring at her. She’d know that jacket anywhere. She’d remember at that place, on that day. She could never forget what he did to her, the pain he’d made her feel. She’d never forgive him. She grabbed for her pocket, bringing it out in shaking hands. She dialled Jack’s number and was relieved when she heard him answer “Jack, I’m at the beach, Corey’s here!” She said, panicking. She hung up the phone and started to head away as quickly as she could, hoping that Corey wouldn’t see her. She wouldn’t be able to run very far, or very fast for that matter, her bulk prevented that. She hurried up the beach, and she saw a car speed into the car park, and the driver stop in the middle, get out and ran, leaving the car wide open. She knew that was Jack, she didn’t have to guess. She saw him running towards her as fast as he possibly could and she continued her fast walk toward him. She felt hands grab her from behind and found Corey there, smiling at her. She struggled to push his hands away, fear running through her body, but she knew she had to stay calm, for the baby. She saw Jack running toward her and felt his arms on her, pulling her out of a distracted Corey’s grasp, and she pulled with all her might out of his arms, terrified of what he’d do to her. She stood behind Jack, horrified of what he could do and clung to Jack’s shirt.

Soon the police came and the minute McGrath’s hands were grabbing Corey and restraining him, Jack whirled around and grabbed Martha, holding her tightly in his arms “You’re okay now, it’s alright.” He said, doing his best to calm her.

She threw her head around, and then she felt it. Water trickling down her leg “Oh god.” She whispered.

“What?” He asked, slightly panicked.

“Jack, my waters broke.” She whispered again, her voice sounding her panic.

“Oh god, we’ve got to get you to hospital!” He told her, calling an ambulance.

----------------------------------------------

Soon Martha was being rushed into hospital and into the delivery room. She looked around the room, frightened and seeing no-one familiar and called to Rachel “Get Jack.” She looked around, worried.

Jack paced around outside, deeply worried about Martha. He was disturbed by Rachel

“Jack she’d like you in here.” Rachel told him, pointing toward the room he rushed into.

Martha noticed Jack come in and hugged him tightly “I’m scared.” She whispered.

“Don’t worry you’ll be fine.” He assured her.

Martha clenched her teeth against the pain as a contraction came, and the fun began.

-------------------------------------------

“Congratulations, you’ve got a little daughter.” Rachel said, lifting the baby and giving her a check before handing her to Martha.

Martha held the tiny bundle in her arms, a smile creeping over her sweaty face.

“Good work.” Jack whispered in her ear as he smiled at her.

“Thanks.” She whispered back, smiling at him.

“You’re welcome.”

--------------------------------------------

“Have you got a name for her?” Tasha asked as they were in the hospital room later that day.

Martha smiled at Jack “I was thinking Isabel, I don’t know about Jack.” She said, smiling at Jack.

“I like that, Isabel Holden.” He said, looking thoughtful.

“Isabel Kate Holden.” Martha corrected him.

“That’s perfect.” Jack said, smiling at Martha “Thank you.” He said softly.

“Katie would be honoured.” Tony said, grinning at Martha as she held her daughter.

“She’s so tiny.” Belle said, smiling. Her and Lucas were going strong and she’d been invited to see Jack’s daughter.

“She’s absolutely perfect.” Martha said quietly, fiddling with Isabel’s blanket “She’s the most beautiful baby in the world.” She said.

“Motherhood’s changed her already.” Luc said, smiling.

“Motherhood’s changed my apartment to! It’ll never be the same after a baby’s been through it.” Martha said smiling.

Jack felt his smile droop a bit. He wished that Martha and Isabel would be returning to his house, the house he shared with Rachel and Kim but he knew it wasn’t to be. Martha felt she wasn’t ready, and they both agreed that it was best that Isabel stay with her mother, at least until she was a bit older.

“I think Belle’s getting clucky.” Beth said, smiling at Belle, who was watching the baby in awe.

“I think I am.” She whispered, tickling Isabel’s foot.

“Watch out Luc.” Tony said with a laugh “She’ll be demanding one next.”

“Maybe not for another year at least Tony.” Belle said, smiling at him. Belle and Luc’s engagement had surprised the bay, but they’d welcomed it. The young couple was devoted to each other and worshiped the ground the other walked on.

“We’d better go, let you get your bearings.” Everyone said, heading out.

Rachel headed it “Right, since Isabel is perfectly healthy you can go home tonight if you’d like, she was born this morning and everything is going fine with her, no problems whatsoever so everything should be alright to go, you can head home.” She said smiling.

“Granddad brought my car over, so everything would be ready. Thanks, Rachel.” She said smiling as she got up, noticing Jack’s down expression “What’s wrong?” She asked once Rachel had left the room.

“Nothing.” He quickly said.

“Jack I know something’s bothering you, what’s wrong?” She asked him.

“I just wish I was going to be there for Isabel’s first night at home that’s all.” He mumbled.

She looked at him, it was obviously affecting him “You can stay.” She whispered softly.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“You can stay. Unless you don’t want to anymore?” She teased.

“Oh, right. But, where?” He asked.

“Well, on the word that nothing happens, in my bed if you so wish Jack. You are, legally, my husband.” She told him.

“Great. Let’s go home then.” He said, smiling at her.

NEXT CHAPTER: Will Jack and Martha get together?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awwww...Baby Isy :wub: Cuteness. And Jack and his pouts, cuteness even more. But im glad Martha is letting him stay over, and im even more happy that Corey is gone, haha Sian :D Great chapter. Luc and Belle engaged, their like only 17 :unsure:

Please update sooN :D

OMG aww that was sooo cute lol sorry my half hour turned into and hour and a half paris lol :( stupid bf's parents came over for a visit cause they were "in the neighbourhood" lol how dumb do they think i am lol :P well that was an AWESOME chapter i loved it yay the baby! and corey is behind bars excellent lol aww yay i wonder whether they get together i hope they do it would be sooo cute lol :P well excellent chapter update ASAP love ya xoxox

Jack and Sam :wub:

Corey and Martha :)

Oops, Typing error :P

Corey, Corey and his beautiful green jacket (lol sing that, it sounds almost funny:P ) - That wasn't a hint at all lol :)

Sam - bugger off! go to Perth.

Perth??No, I won't let her come anywhere near Perth

lol! Tuff.

Great chapters Paris.

If she realises that she isn’t cut out to be a mum either, then I could always take on her child. It’s no trouble Jack.”
that wound me up! lol got so mad.

Loved it when Sam said to Jack it was his last chance and then he's like 'have a nice trip' :P

One important thing to mention...Where was Corey' green jacket?!! lol or is that not the end of Corey ....

Archived