One More Chance

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Three

“So if you could return my calls I’d be really grateful.” Jack said into his mobile phone, calling Martha’s phone for about the twentieth time that day. It was two weeks since the incident on the beach and Martha had been avoiding him, probably because he was around Sam a lot. He sighed, determined to go find Martha and not let her push him away. They needed to talk, if not for their sake, for the baby’s sake.

“Still no answer mate?” Tony asked his son sympathetically.

“No, she doesn’t seem to want to know me ever since Sam approached her at the beach.” He said with a sigh “Corey is still out there and she doesn’t have me by her side dad. That worries me, if he gets her I swear to God I’ll make him pay.” He told his father “Martha and our baby mean everything to me.”

“You’d really do that?” Came Martha’s soft voice from the doorway

Jack whirled around; stunned to hear Martha’s voice “Martha!” He called out.

“Jack.” She stated simply “So you’d really do that for me?” She asked him again.

“Yes I would, Martha. You mean the world to me.” He told her honestly, noticing that his father had backed out of the room rather quickly when he’d spotted Martha.

She took note of his facial expression, serious and honest and knew that he meant it. She also knew that Sam was important to him; she’d helped him recover after the brutal bashing. “How’s Sam?” She asked innocently.

“Martha, don’t bring this up please.” He begged her “I don’t want to be with Sam, and I never said to her that I wanted to get back with her, she took that for granted and I didn’t say anything about her being stepmother to our baby. Because this baby is our baby, Martha. Our baby doesn’t need us fighting every few minutes, the baby needs its parents at least being civil to one another.” He told her honestly.

“That is true but Jack you need to decide who you want. Sam or me, and you need to think about that decision Jack. Sam will probably take you back straight away but I need time. A lot’s happened, so it depends on how you want it.” She said quietly to him “But whichever you choose I will support. And don’t say that you don’t need to think about it because you do.” She told him as he went to speak to her “This is a big decision. If you choose Sam, or you choose me there’s no going back, there may be if you choose me and decide it’s not right but if you choose Sam, then you’ve lost me Jack. I haven’t had the best love life. First Jesse, then you, then Corey, then you again and then Ash. So if you choose Sam you’re never having me back. Think about it Jack.” She said, walking out the door, evidently giving him time to think.

Jack watched her leave. He already knew he was going to choose, and he was sticking with that decision. He wasn’t letting her go, not again. He’d done it too many times.

----------------------------------------------

“Hey Jack.” Sam said as she greeted him, letting him into her home “Come in, remember you don’t need to knock.” She said with a smile.

“Sam we need to talk.” He said slowly.

“If this is about Martha and her pregnancy, I’m okay with it Jack. You took on Rory, so I’ll take on your child it’s no drama. If she realises that she isn’t cut out to be a mum either, then I could always take on her child. It’s no trouble Jack.” She told him “She’s 19, that’s a young age to ask someone to become a single mother Jack.” She reminded him.

“I know she’s 19 and I know it will be hard. But I know that Martha will never give up on our child. I know that for a fact, she already loves the kid. But that’s not what I came here to talk to you about Sam. The thing is, with this whole Martha thing, and Corey, it’s made me realise that she needs me, Sam. She really needs my help.” He told her honestly “So I think that we need to break up.” He told her, unsure of her reaction.

“Hang on a second; you’re not being serious are you? Jack I thought you were committed to making our relationship work! You said you’d help and protect me, not run out on me for your ex-wife!” She accused him.

“I’m not getting back together with her yet, but Sam think about it. Martha and I, we are in love and married and now we’re going to have a child. I don’t want that child being raised between separated parents, Sam. I can’t ask Martha to force her child through that.”

“Rory got raised like that and he’s fine.” She said, her voice rising.

“Sam, your son doesn’t even know his father. Martha could do that to me if she really wanted to, she could take my child away from me. She could just up and leave one day and never come back. I don’t want to risk that happening to me!” He told her honestly “I know Martha wouldn’t do that but think about it Sam, you did! You left Shane when you were pregnant.” He told her.

“Because he was a drug dealer Jack! I left him with good reason, I was doing what I could to protect Rory, and I need to protect him he’s the only child I have left!” She told him “If I got pregnant with your kid I wouldn’t run off with the kid, I’d stay Jack, I promise I would. I wouldn’t take your child away from you! Martha might! She’s obviously told you to do this hasn’t she Jack.” She said angrily.

“She hasn’t told me to do anything. She told me to make a choice, her or you. And when it comes down to it, I choose her. She said I may want to choose you because she needs some time, but I’m still choosing her, I’ll wait. She’s my wife, Sam. You should understand. You were married once Sam, remember?” He told her.

“You can’t just leave me Jack!” She told him “I can’t believe you, say one thing and do another.” She accused him.

“Stop accusing me of things that aren’t true Sam.” He said, starting to get angry “Look, we’re over just deal with that.”

“We’re not over! Jack!” She yelled at him as he headed out the door. She watched him drive off, furious that she’d just been dumped. She knew she had to do something. She just didn’t know what.

------------------------------------------

Martha spotted Jack as he headed into Noah’s Bar and smiled slightly to herself. Despite what she said with her family and friends, she always felt safer when Jack was around. Whenever he was around she felt protected, she felt safe. She knew that Jack wouldn’t let Corey do anything to her, especially if today was anything to go by, judging by what he’d said to his father. She spotted him heading over. She smiled “What can I get you?” She asked him.

“Just a beer thanks.” He told her.

“Here you go.” She said quietly, smiling gently to him all the while as she handed him the beer. She turned when the deliver guy came in with some boxes “Thanks.” She told him, reaching for the boxes.

Jack was beside her in a flash “I’ll take them.” He volunteered, reaching his hands out for the boxes “You shouldn’t be lifting anything in boxes Mac, you’re pregnant.” He told her.

She smiled at him “Thanks.” She said “It’s just fruit so I figured it would be okay but since you insist you can take the box.” She said, smiling at him. She hadn’t been able to stop smiling at him all night, she figured he’d chosen her instead of Sam, as Sam wasn’t by his side.

Just then Sam marched in “Oh here we go.” She snapped.

Martha looked confused “What?” She asked her.

“Making a move on my boyfriend already?” She said furiously.

“Sam, I told you this afternoon we were over. I want Martha, not you Sam. Just go.” He ordered her.

She glared at her “Fine, but I’m leaving the bay with Rory!” She threatened Jack “Last chance.”

“Have a nice trip.” Jack said calmly.

She glared at him as she stormed out, furious that she’d lost Jack. Sure she was older than him but she didn’t think that would have mattered.

-----------------------------------------

“You didn’t have to do that tonight, you could’ve stayed with Sam.” She told her honestly, she was calm and serene, pregnancy had done that to her.

“I didn’t want to risk losing you, Martha. I couldn’t lose you or our child.” He told her, touching his hand to her stomach.

“Thanks Jack.” She said, smiling at him once again.

“Don’t mention it. Now let’s get you and the little one home.” Jack said, smiling as he took her to the diner apartment “Want me to stay?” He asked her.

“If you don’t mind.” She said, slightly hesitant.

“I don’t mind at all.” He told her, wrapping his arm around her.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Great chapter. Sam is such an idiot. Gosh! Jack never loved you, get over it. She better leave, and never come back, and she better not hurt Martha, coz then she'll have to deal with me :P Im glad Jacky chose Martha, then again who else will he choose :P

Please update soon :D

aww how cute he's staying lol :) thats great :) lol i thought for a second there he was going to choose sam and i was like nooo lol at least sam is going lol she could leave rory if she wants to i like that lil kid lol :P im glad martha was so clear on it being her OR sam lol :P well great chapter update asap :)

Archived