One More Chance

Guest -ParaisGal-

-Note- Remember Martha didn’t see Jack until a month after she’d been back, she was scared lol.

Chapter Two

“I’m scared Jack.” Martha admitted to him at the police station “Granddad’s away, Ric’s away, Aunty Morag’s away.” She ticked off her family members on her hand “What am I going to do if he comes after me?” She sniffed, in tears about the fact that her ex boyfriend had come out of prison.

“It’s alright, Martha. I won’t let him hurt you.” He promised her.

“Thanks.” She said truthfully “Now I’ve got this baby to worry about, I can’t have him hurt me or this baby.” She said truthfully “I’m so scared and I don’t know what I’m going to do.” She said, terrified.

“It’s alright. Apparently he took the clothes he wore when he went in, so he’s wearing that green jacket and jeans.”

“That green jacket I wanted to burn, I hated it afterwards. If I could’ve burnt it, Corey would be a lot less real, I’d realise he was behind bars. I hate the fact that these feelings are coming back again, I thought they’d gone after last time, you know?” She asked Jack.

“It’s alright, Martha. Truth me, I’m not letting him anywhere near you.” He told her, wrapping her into his arms.

------------------------------------------

“Are you sure you want me to drop you off at your apartment? Wouldn’t you rather be at Sally’s?” Jack asked her as he pulled into the Diner car park.

“I’m sure, Jack. It’s okay I’ll be fine.” She tried to reassure Jack and herself.

“You could stay over my house, Rachel and Kim aren’t here.” He tried to get her to stay.

“Jack, please I’ll be alright.” She said adamant that she be home alone.

“Alright.” He agreed reluctantly.

She smiled as she got out of the car and headed inside, unlocking the front door and heading in, turning on the lights in her apartment. This had turned into her apartment since her separation with Jack, Alf was with Sally and Brad had moved in with Sally, after her brutal stabbing as she felt the need for added protection and Brad gave her assurance that she was safe. She looked around, closing the door and locking it behind her. She smiled as she fingered her growing stomach, before she was unsure about Jack’s reaction and if he’d abandon her, but now she was fine and looking forward to the birth of her first child. She knew that she’d be two years older than her mother was when she’d had her, but she didn’t care. She wanted this baby more than anything now; she was thrilled at the prospect of being a mother. Jack, his attitude towards her had definitely changed since he’d found out. He was definitely more protective of her, at the station he hadn’t let her out of his sight, preferring her to be near him so he could protect her. She jumped at a sudden noise and fear suddenly gripped her tightly. She bolted all the doors leading into the apartment closed, and made sure the windows were locked. She felt herself shaking and scolded herself for it; she couldn’t let Corey ruin her life, not again. She had a baby to worry about; she had to protect her baby from Corey at all costs. She grabbed her arm, trying to stop it from shaking. She went like this for about half an hour then realised that she was foolish, trying to pretend that she was okay when she definitely wasn’t. She grabbed for her mobile and texted Jack, telling him to come, she was scared. She was sitting in the corner of the apartment, waiting for Jack’s knock on the door letting her know he was there.

Jack drove his car into the Diner car park quickly, pulled into a space and jumped out, slamming the door as he grabbed for his car keys. He ran up the steps and knocked on the door, telling Martha it was Jack.

She hurried to the door and flung it open, grabbed Jack and pulled him in.

It broke his heart to see her like that; she had tears streaming freely down her cheeks and a terrified expression to match it “Shh it’s okay Martha.” He soothed her as he pulled her into his strong and capable arms “Remember what I said, I’m not letting him hurt you.” He promised her.

She nodded her head as she leant hard into Jack. As she was doing this she remembered everything that Jack did for her the first time that Corey had attacked her, he’d helped her every way he could. He was the guy she’d fallen for, and she could see exactly why she’d fallen for him, and eventually married him. She smiled shyly at him as she broke away, realising that she was getting more and more drawn to him as the time went by.

He watched her give him a slight smile as she moved away from him. He wished she’d stayed, holding him tight, he wanted to hold her and make her realise that everything would be okay. She was everything he’d ever dreamed of. She was young, sweet, beautiful and kind. She was everything he’d ever wanted in a lover, and he’d hated himself when he realised that he’d pushed her away, that he’d neglected her and taken the love that she’d clung to so tightly away from her, out of her deserving grasp. He smiled back to her, being taken back into the present, wishing he could just jump back to the time where he and Martha were happy, and very much in love “So, do you want me to stay tonight?” He asked her, his eyes lingering on hers.

“If you don’t mind.” She said, turning shy.

“Of course I don’t mind. I want you to be safe and to feel safe, so I’ll stay here for you. Don’t worry; I’m not going to let him get to you.” He promised her.

“Thank you, it means a lot to me Jack.” He told her.

“You’re welcome; I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.” He told her, giving her a hug.

-----------------------------------

Martha stirred the next morning, giving a yawn. She turned and smiled when she saw that Jack was beside her on the couch. Last night Martha had gotten terrified and had ended up running to the couch where Jack was and sobbing into his chest. She’d ended up falling asleep with Jack’s arms wrapped around her, and she felt safe with his arms around her. She got up, smiling softly to herself.

Jack woke up, when he felt Martha move. He smiled at her “Did you sleep well?” He asked.

“Yeah eventually.” She said, smiling at him.

“For breakfast I was thinking of heading down to the diner, wanna come?” He said, stretching as he got off the couch and folded it up.

“Yeah, that’d be great, thanks.” She said, smiling at him.

--------------------------------------------

“Hello Martha, Jack.” Irene greeted them.

“Hey Irene, how are you after yesterday?” Martha asked her.

“I’m a bit worried but I’ll live. There’s always someone around the joint no worries darl. I’ll be fine, he’s more likely to come after you to, but that’s if he even heads to Summer Bay.”

“That’s what I think but I’m still under watch.” She said, smiling to her.

“Jack checking up on you then?” She asked, smiling at the Constable.

“Yes, he is. Doesn’t want Corey getting either of us Irene.” She said, the smile slipping off her face at the mention of her ex lover.

“Sorry to interrupt but do you want some breakfast?” Jack asked Martha, indicating to a booth.

“Sure.” She said, giving him a smile.

“Martha, I need to ask. I don’t mean to push you but is there any chance, any chance at all, that we could give our relationship, our marriage, another go?” He said hopefully.

“Yes, Jack, there is a rather big one.” She admitted to him.

“That’s excellent, thanks. If we do, I promise I won’t blow this.” He promised.

They’d eaten breakfast and were chatting happily, when suddenly they heard a voice call Jack.

Jack turned to see that Sam and Rory had entered the diner, Sam smiling happily at him “Hi, Sam.” He said, forcing a smile. He watched Martha’s face, she looked heartbroken.

“Hey Jack. Good news, Shane’s been caught so Rory and I are home free.” She said, smiling at Jack.

“That’s great.” He said, torn about what to do. He wanted to be with Martha so badly but he didn’t know what to do.

“I’ve got to get going.” Martha said quickly, hurrying out and trying to hide her pregnant stomach from Sam, but she was too slow.

“Oh you’re pregnant.” She asked Martha.

“Yeah, nearly five months now.” She mumbled.

“Congratulations.” Sam said, genuinely happy for her “You must be thrilled.” She said.

“Yeah, thanks, I’ve got to go.” She said, making any excuse up, and hurrying from the diner.

“She must be happy.” Sam said.

“Yeah, that was my former wife, Martha. Sam, you need to know that she’s pregnant with my baby.” Jack told her.

Sam looked surprised “Oh, alright.” She said “What’s going to happen?” She asked.

“I don’t know Sam.” He told her honestly.

“We can work this out Jack, you and I can be together and you can still have a part in the baby’s life. I’m cool with you having a child, you accepted Rory.” She reminded him “We can be happy and Martha can be happy.” She said, squeezing his hand.

-------------------------------------------------

Martha sat on the sand, sobbing softly to herself when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Martha, you alright?” Tony asked her.

She shook her head and Tony put his arms around her “What’s wrong?” He asked her.

“Sam came back.” She sobbed.

“Were you and Jack trying to get back together?” He asked her.

“I wanted to but now Sam’s here I know it won’t. Sam’s back, he loves her. So I guess my baby will have a stepmother.” She said, still crying.

“I know that Jack wants to be with you, Martha, his feelings have never changed even though he says he’s moved on.”

“In the diner he asked me if there would ever be another chance for us, and I said there would then Sam turned up, so I don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t know.” She said softly, and then spotted Sam walking toward her.

“I’ll leave you two.” Tony said, heading off.

Martha watched as Sam headed towards her.

“Hey Martha.” Sam greeted her “We can work this out, if you’d like Jack can still be a part of the baby’s life and Jack and I can be together. Jack wants to be a part of this baby’s life so badly, do you reckon this could work?” She asked.

“Yeah, it can.” Martha told her, but inside her heart was breaking. She didn’t want her baby to grow up with a stepmother, she wanted her baby growing up with the mother and father together, united as one. But she knew that now, that would never happen. She spotted Jack heading over.

“Jack wants to talk but I’ll see you later.” Sam said, smiling as she headed off.

“Martha, look, please-” Jack started.

“Don’t, Jack just don’t. You’re with Sam now, I get that. Don’t go rubbing it in my face, please. I wanted us to be together so badly, for this baby but I guess you want to go with Sam. Just don’t, Jack. Leave me alone for a while.” She told him angrily “So much for giving us another chance, you just go back to Sam. Just leave it, Jack.” She told him, as she hurried off the sand.

Jack stood, watching her. He didn’t want to be with Sam, he wanted Martha. But he guessed that would never happen now “I want to be with you, Martha!” He yelled at her. He saw her stop, and continued yelling “I don’t want Sam I want you, please Martha!” He yelled, begging her.

NEXT CHAPTER: What will Martha do?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Martha doesnt want Jack, i'll be more then happy to have him. But since that'll never happen, Martha better take him back. He loves her, and has alwayz loved her, not stupid Sam/Kylie. Great chapter anyways. Oh and Sam's hubbys name is Shane not Joel :D

Please update soon :D

Yay! Another new fic. Great writing. I loved that bit int he first chapter where they were talking about the baby. It just seemed really cute to me. I soooo was not expecting Corey! But that was such a great twist. I can't wait to see what happens! And Sam, OMG Sam came back... damn her...

I absolutely LOVE. Please update soon!

fabbity fab chapter paris! I really don't like sam, I hope she gets swallowed by her hair :angry:

and as for corey.....its bliss, can't you have a chapter with just him and jack? :)

jeez sian, all the corey fans! ahah we brought them all to the dark side! :P

Archived