Main Characters: Jack and Martha

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance/Drama

Does story include spoilers: yes/no

Any warnings: V/D L

Summary: Not yet figured out.

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR UK VIEWERS!!!**

Chapter One

Martha stared at the woman who had just told her something that might change her life. She was at her mother’s house for another week, and she’d just discovered that she was nearly four months pregnant. She’d done the maths in her head and realised that since she’s met Ashton Nader two months ago, and her and Jack had been at a blissfully happy time four months ago, that explained her pregnancy. She stared at her shaking hand, not sure what to do. She was desperate to go back and tell Jack but part of her was scared. She’d been at Roo’s for a month already, desperate to get away from her anger at Ash, but Jack and Sam were still together, so she knew that her being pregnant would throw a spanner in the works of their relationship, or test the boundaries of their happy union. She noticed her mother enter the room, her father behind them.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” Her mother asked her, sitting on the bed. Martha had fainted at her house, and they’d rushed her to the hospital.

“Mum, I’m pregnant.” She whispered “This was something Jack and I would have welcomed, and now I don’t know. How am I going to tell him that I’m pregnant with his baby?” She asked her mother.

“It’ll be okay. Just be honest with him, and realise he won’t necessarily drop his relationship with Sam for you, alright sweetheart?” Her mother told her.

“Alright, but I want to head home a bit early.” Martha told her mother “Since I have to get this over and done with sooner rather than later.”

------------------------------------------------------

Back in Summer Bay, Martha began to feel more at ease. This was her home, not New York even though her parents lived there; no place other than Summer Bay would feel like home. She smiled to herself slightly as she walked along the beach, her shoes in hand, watching the water. A hand touched her shoulder and she turned to see who it was.

“Hey Martha.” Jack told her, relieved that she was here. Sam had disappeared, and had told him she and Rory had to leave before her ex husband found them. She had apologised, and said that he couldn’t come with her; it was too dangerous for him.

“Oh, hey Jack.” Martha greeted him, unsure of how to say this.

“You’re home early.” He observed. He’d been going around for a week now, hoping Martha would come early so he’d have someone to talk to about, to help him understand and get over it.

“Yeah, I landed in hospital so I decided home was the best medicine.” She told him, as they walked off the beach together.

“Really, is everything okay?” He asked, concerned.

“Well, sort of. You see, Jack, I-I’m pregnant. Nearly four months. It’s yours.” She said, tears starting to flow freely down her cheeks and then she ran up to her grandfather’s apartment and slammed the door, and sat sobbing in front of it.

Jack, down at the end of the beach, was standing there, stunned. He understood why Martha was upset; she knew that their relationship was nearly stone cold. He hurried up to the apartment he saw her run into, and started knocking on the door, begging her to open the door and let him in.

She heard him behind the door but she made no move to answer it. But she realised that he wasn’t going away so she sighed as she got up and answered the door, pulling it open slowly. Sure enough it was Jack, and she stared at him unsurely.

“Look, Martha, please let me in we can sort this out.” He told her “It may take time but we may eventually end up together, it’d be in the baby’s best interests if we did get together.”

“Jack I’m just not ready yet.” She said softly “I’ve got to get used to being pregnant with my former husband’s baby. That takes a lot of getting used to, pregnancy in general does. I need time to trust men, especially after what I’ve been through with Ash, Jesse, and Corey. Jack I just need time.” She said finally.

“I can understand that.” He told her gently “I’ll wait for you Martha, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me and I’m not exactly ready to lose you.” He said.

She wrapped her arms around him in a brief hug then stepped back “Thank you, Jack.” She said quietly, one arm wrapped around her stomach in a protective way.

“You’re welcome.” He told her honestly.

--------------------------------------

“I don’t know, Dad, Martha still hasn’t approached me.” He told his father warily. It was four weeks later and Martha still hadn’t told him if she was ready to let him in.

“At least she’s letting you have something to do with the baby Jack.” His dad told him “Some women don’t let the dad have anything to do with them and decide to run off.

A knock on the door distracted them. Jack turned to see it was Martha, she was looking nervously at them “Martha hey!” Jack said, sounding relieved.

“Hey. Wanna go for a walk?” She said softly.

“Sure.” He said, walking out the door.

As they walked Jack decided to make conversation “Well you’re stomach’s grown a bit.” He told her.

“Are you calling me fat?” She teased, looking at him with a slight smile on her face.

“No. I didn’t mean it like that, just mean that our baby’s growing that’s all.” He said truthfully.

“Yes, our baby is growing.” She said, rubbing her belly softly.

Jack reached out to touch her stomach but withdrew his hand, remembering.

She smiled at him and took his hand, bringing it to her stomach “The baby is yours too.” She told him.

“Thanks.” He said.

“It’s okay Jack.” She said smiling as she leant into him “I just don’t know what to do. One minute I’m going fine then I discover I’m pregnant.”

Jack smiled “I’m never leaving you.” He promised her.

“Good.” She decided.

Suddenly Jack’s phone rang and he picked it up, and his face turned gaunt as he hung up the phone “We’ve got to go take you and Irene to the police station.” He told her as he took her back to his car.

“Jack what’s going on?” She asked, slightly scared and she instinctively grabbed his hand with her right hand and her stomach with her left.

“Corey’s escaped.” He told her honestly.

NEXT CHAPTER: Will Martha and Irene be safe?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've posted it! I love it already Paris, its great!

Corey is back! And Hopefully Jack and Martha will be back together soon, so that Jack can help her through this...hopefully. Please don't harm Martha!

Loving it already, please update soon :)

Woo first to comment!

Edit: Urgh baby gurl got there first, second to comment!

Archived