A Special Present

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've had to sieve through about 2 pages or so [i can't remember now] to find Chapter 1 and then another few more pages to find Chapter 2. :P But, I found them and I read them.

Jack's reaction is classic. Loved it. Gret story guys. Update soon. :D

So you have a good sleep then? Im tired now but im not going to sleep yet :)

lol not really lmao I slept in an awful position because I hadn't planne don sleeping lol. It was the idea I will close my eyes for 2 mins and woke up hours later.

Chapter 3

Rachel felt for a pulse and was relieved when she found one; Martha was just unconscious.

“I’ve just called for an ambulance, here’s your kit” Kim came back outside.

“Thanks, they’ll be here pretty soon, and there’s not much I can do here, she really needs to get to the hospital. Oh my god the baby! I hope this ambulance gets here quickly, and where is Jack?” Rachel asked

“I don’t know, I’ll go and call him, tell him what’s happened” Kim went back inside, finding the phone and then dialing Jack’s number.

Down at the beach, Jack looked at his phone, the called ID said home, but that could be anyone; Kim, Rachel or Martha. Thinking about it, he decided that it was probably Martha as when he left, Kim and Rachel had gone to bed. He rejected the call; whatever it was could wait until tomorrow.

“He’s not picking up, he needs to know, I’ll go and find him, he probably ran off to the beach or something. Here’s the ambulance, I’ll see you at the hospital Rach” Kim said noting the now deafening noise that could be heard.

“Ok, if you find Jack, tell him that Martha really needs him right now, see you later” Rachel said to Kim before he ran off in search of Jack. The paramedics were soon around Martha, before putting her on a stretcher and then carrying her into the back of the ambulance. Rachel in the end was allowed to go with her, plus the paramedics knew her from her work at the hospital. The journey to the hospital was certainly going to be a long one.

Down at the Beach

Kim so far hadn’t found Jack, and was running out of hope. He looked up ahead towards the end up the beach, and there was Jack, just sitting in the sand looking out on the horizon.

“Jack” Kim called out, getting his attention. Jack stood up and walked towards him.

“What are you doing looking for me? Look if Martha’s sent you then I don’t want to hear it” Jack started.

“Martha won’t even know I’m here, she’s been taken to hospital” Kim interrupted.

“Why?” Jack asked

“Because we found her outside, she’d had a fall and she is unconscious, we’re not sure if the babies ok, and before you ask, the baby is yours.” Kim explained.

“How do you know?” Jack asked

“Because she told us mate, but that’s not important now, you got to get down to the hospital”

“Sure, let’s go, do you think she’s going to be alright?” Jack asked Kim as they made their way quickly up the beach.

---

Rachel was now sitting beside Martha’s bed, she had been checked over; she had hit her head, had concussion and now was unconscious, but she would wake up soon. Now it was just a waiting game, Martha couldn’t have an ultrasound until she woke up either, and the Doctors were unsure whether or not Martha hit her stomach when she fell.

“I’m here to see Martha McKenzie, I mean Holden, Martha Holden” Rachel could hear Jack outside, she was glad that he came, Martha would certainly appreciate him being there when she woke up.

“Jack you came” Rachel stated the obvious as Jack walked in.

“Yes, do they know what’s wrong with her?” Jack asked meaning Martha.

“She has concussion, they don’t know if the baby is alright until she wakes up, they’ve said she will wake up soon” Rachel answered.

“Hey Rach, do you want to go and get a drink?” Kim asked his meaning clear; to let Jack and Martha be alone for a while.

“Sure, we’ll be back soon” Kim and Rachel walked out.

“Martha I’m so sorry, all of this is my fault, I don’t know why I doubted in my mind that the baby wasn’t mine” Jack started,

“Jack” Martha said weakly.

“Martha I’m here, you’re going to be alright now” Jack held her hand.

“Where am I?” She asked; she was slowly coming round.

“You’re in the hospital, you had a fall remember, Kim and Rachel found you and you got taken to hospital” Jack replied.

“What about my baby?” Martha tried to sit up.

“Well firstly I think you mean our baby and secondly they were going to do an ultrasound when you woke up. Do you want me to go and get the Doctor?” Jack asked

“Yes I need to know that it’s alright”

“Ok, I’ll be back in a minute” Jack walked off, he soon came back with the Doctor.

“Right Martha, it’s nice to see that you’re awake so quickly, so we’ll give you an ultrasound and see how your baby is doing” Dr Free said

“Yeah, I need to know that it’s alright” Martha replied, worry in her voice.

“Ok then, I’m just going to put some of this gel on your stomach, it’s a bit cold” Dr Free said noticing Martha’s expression as she placed the gel on her stomach. “And there is your baby” Dr Free pointed to the screen. “Everything looks normal, your baby is fine” She smiled. “I’ll leave you two to it” She walked out.

“It’s amazing” Jack grinned.

“So have you come round to the idea of it?” Martha asked

“Yeah, I didn’t really need to come round to it, it was just a shock and also I thought that it was Ash’s” Jack explained.

“I would have told you if it was Ash’s straight away silly, I would have said something like I’m pregnant with Ash’s baby. Jack I love you, and I want you to be part of this baby’s life” Martha smiled.

“Trust me, I want to be part of your life and the baby’s” Jack kissed her hand. “Everything’s going to turn out just fine”

“So you guys patched things up then” Rachel said walking in.

“Yeah, and I’ve seen our baby” Martha grinned.

“Well I take it everything is fine then from the smile on your face”

“Yes, but I have to stay in tonight so that means my Christmas day is going to be in hospital” Martha frowned.

“I’m sure Jack will be staying with you, so you’ll get lots of company, and I’m sure he’ll bring your presents in. Of course we’ll be at home, but Jack will be here” Kim replied.

“Oh joy, just me and Jack alone, and gee thanks for coming in” Martha said sarcastically.

“I’m sure we can find a way to entertain ourselves” Jack interrupted.

“You can show me just what you mean tomorrow” Martha smiled again.

Preview

How does Christmas Day go?

Please R&R, your turn Rosey! :P

Archived