A Special Present

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I got your pm, and I just got another one about me not updating so here is the first chapter...enjoy!

Chapter 1

This could not be happening, this was completely the wrong timing. Why did it have to happen to her? She found herself asking that question so many times it was unbelievable. This Christmas basically summed up her whole year.

Martha found herself yet again debating over her marriage and what she should do. It was their first christmas together married in the house that they shared with Kim and Rachel. They were happy, something that Martha envied at this moment in time.

She just couldn't see why her and Jack couldn't get on, he would go out to work, come back from work, they'd argue, go to sleep, wake up the next morning and it would happen all over again. Her life was miserable, and she knew that she had to do something about it. But this surprise had just made things ten times worse.

It was Christmas Eve and Jack had had the day off work. By some amazing miracle him and Martha hadn't argued at all today. Mainly because Kim and Rachel had been in the house, but that hadn't stopped them before. Jack was just about to go out to finish off his shopping. He knew that it would be awful if he didn't get her a present. He was trying to find the best gift ever, he had come across a few thing that had given him ideas and today he was going to choose one.

"Ok guys I'm going out" Jack said to everyone present.

"Ok, we'll see you later, what time do you think you'll be back?" Rachel asked

"I'm not sure, but I won't be too long" he answered before heading out of the door.

"Martha, this is ridiculous, you have to stop ignoring him, why can't you just talk through your problems?" Rachel asked once Jack had left

"Because there is nothing to say, I've already decided what is going to happen. I'm going to tell him tomorrow, and then see what he says. If he says something I like then I'll stay, if he doesn't then I'm moving out. " She told her

"Now that is stupid" Kim said

"No, its not, I am not going to live a miserable life, and if Jack makes it unhappy then thats the end to us." Martha replied

"Fine, but just please tell me you'll talk to him" Rachel said

"Fine, I'll talk but it doesn't mean it will be civilised" Martha told her before heading off into the spare room which she was currently sleeping in due to their disagreements.

"I can't believe they have turned out like this" Kim said to Rachel

"I know, they were so happy to start off with, I can only hope that we don't end up like that"

"We won't, I'll make sure of it" Kim told her.

Jack was now back from his shopping, and he thought that he had the perfect gift. He sensed the tension in the room when he got in. He hated seeing Martha like this, he just wanted to make her happy. Martha just wanted to be happy; neither of them could figure out what the problem was. The one thing they both agreed on was that they wanted it to be over.

Martha looked in the mirror in the bathroom. She couldn't keep living a lie, she had to tell him soon; but the worst thing was, this secret would make or break their relationship in it's already fragile state. That fact she hated. She loved Jack she really did, and she thought that she knew him so well. But not knowing to how he would react to this, made her realise, that maybe they weren't meant to be. She had a feeling about what he would do, but she couldn't be sure, and that scared her alot.

She walked into the living room, to find Kim and Rachel putting some presents under the tree. There were quite a few of them, but it didn't surprise Martha that they had gone all out this Christmas; they were so in love they just wanted to make each other happy - just like her and Jack, but they suceeded, and Jack and Martha didn't.

"Hey Mac, I've put your present under the tree" Rachel told her.

"Thanks, I've got to wrap yours soon, and then I'll put it under there" Martha replied trying to sound enthusiastic. "Where's Jack?" she asked

"He's in his room, he got back about 15 minutes ago, I think he's sorting out presents" Kim told her

"Oh ok, I'll leave him to it then" Damn she thought to herself, I wanted to talk to him soon, and knowing Jack he'll be wrapping for ages.

"Were you going to tell him, what I think you were going to tell him?" Rachel asked

"No, I wasn't going to tell him that, but I was going to talk to him about stuff" Martha replied

"Well you gotta tell him sooner or later" Rachel added

"Yer I know, he will know tomorrow" Martha headed back to her room.

It was now 11.30pm. All the presents were under the tree. Everyone was in the living room chatting away. Martha and Jack were getting along pretty well considering the circumstances, yet Jack had been disappointed as Martha hadn't put her presents out yet. He was beginning to wonder if he had bought the wrong thing.

But Martha had only gotten him one thing, apart from her news. She hoped that her news would be a big enough surprise alone. She wanted tonight over; it seemed to be the longest day this year!

"Right, we're off to bed" Kim said

"Ok, well we'll see you guys in the morning" Martha replied

"Yep, and tomorrow is Christmas!" Kim exclaimed; he was getting all exciting like a little kid in a sweet shop!

Martha saw Jack put his glass by the sink, that was a clear sign that he was going to bed.

"Ok I'm off to bed aswell" Jack headed to his room,

"Can we talk?" Martha grabbed his hand

"Course we can" they went and say down on the sofa.

"Well I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to tell you this because it could ruin your christmas" Martha said

"Martha, you're kind of freaking me out here, just tell me what it is" Jack replied

Preview

What is Martha's news and how will Christmas Day go?

Well there we have it, I finally manged to post the first chapter; due to much hassling from Rosey! Hope you all enjoy it, and please comment :)

I'd say she's pregnant. It says her news would make or break them. Please, you two, make her pregnant! Rosey, if she's pregnant then I will do whatever you want for Rachy in all THREE of my fics! You get one request for all three if she's pregnant, please. LOL! You and Emma can decide, please? Em gets a say to, as long as she's pregnant!

Archived