Belinda Emmett dies, age 32

Guest *dW*

Only Alf, Sally and Irene worked on Home and Away at the same time as Belinda on Home and Away, so whilst I'm sure most of the cast are saddened by Belinda's death, I don't think they'd be overly distraught (?) about it.

I'm not sure what crew turnover is like.

I would imagine quite a few cast members would be saddened, despit whether or not they worked along side her. Also, didnt Colleen work alongside Belinda?

Also thanks Jazer for that, a very appropriate message Home and Away decided to display. I can only hope All Saints do the same sort of thing. I also thought Marcia Hines message on Idol last night was very touching, and she looked quite sad and out of it for most of the night.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Alf, Sally and Irene worked on Home and Away at the same time as Belinda on Home and Away, so whilst I'm sure most of the cast are saddened by Belinda's death, I don't think they'd be overly distraught (?) about it.

I'm not sure what crew turnover is like.

I would imagine quite a few cast members would be saddened, despit whether or not they worked along side her. Also, didnt Colleen work alongside Belinda?

Also thanks Jazer for that, a very appropriate message Home and Away decided to display. I can only hope All Saints do the same sort of thing. I also thought Marcia Hines message on Idol last night was very touching, and she looked quite sad and out of it for most of the night.

As I posted in the bit that you quoted, I already said that the cast would likely be saddened. What I was just stating is that, unlike say if Alf or even someone relatively new like Sharni were to drop dead tomorrow, the main cast of Home and Away knew of her, but not necessarily knew her.

Colleen appeared in one episode in which Rebecca was in the opening titles during 1997, and I'm not sure whether or not they talked.

There was about 40 episodes between their respective appearances in 1999.

I think the crew turnover is much slower than the cast turnover. I agree with Ryan I am sure they're all very moved by her death (as we are) but only those who worked with her would be particularly distressed.

That's a very touching tribute at the end of the episode. That was a really good idea for Seven to do that. It's a beautiful picture too.

I was thinking as a tribute within H&A itself they could get Alf, Irene and Sally in a scene in the diner and Alf could look sad and say that Don has just called to tell him that "young Rebecca" has died. Alf and the others could then say what a wonderful person she was and although they would be 'in character' really it would be the actors saying it for real. They could do it in about a minute worth of screen time and maybe edit it into an existing episode (sort of depends on Alf's storylines I suppose).

Might be too difficult for the actors to do though.

Actually the picture I got from the homeandawayoz site is the old fan card picture combined with the memorial message.

At the end of last night's episode, they just show the message a black screen.

Sorry to confuse everyone but it is a very nice picture!!

Jazer (Jarad) :)

Sorry, i don't know if this has been talked about already, but Belinda was mentioned on GMTV this morning (Uk show).

They were doing a story on Kylie's Melbourne show and Fiona (the presenter) asked about Belinda, the Australian news guy mentioned Rove, and that she was so young, and that it was ironic that as she died, the night after, Kylie was making her comeback on the stage, after battling cancer herself.

Just thought i'd let people know, as i thought it was quite touching that they mentioned it xx

Sorry, i don't know if this has been talked about already, but Belinda was mentioned on GMTV this morning (Uk show).

They were doing a story on Kylie's Melbourne show and Fiona (the presenter) asked about Belinda, the Australian news guy mentioned Rove, and that she was so young, and that it was ironic that as she died, the night after, Kylie was making her comeback on the stage, after battling cancer herself.

Just thought i'd let people know, as i thought it was quite touching that they mentioned it xx

Yes, it was in the Mail on Sunday and the Sun, today. Apparently , it said in the Sun that Kylie is going to to a dedication to Belinda, and Delta Goodrem is going to write a song for her.

I went to our church's Memorial Service last night. During the service we each lit a candle. I thought of Belinda as I lit my candle.

In my old diaries, I mentioned Rebecca in my diary entries of what had happened in Home and Away. They are the UK dates. Would these be helpful, please? I am happy to send them to one of the staff.

Archived