Belinda Emmett dies, age 32

Guest *dW*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the latest article from News.com - it's about her music being released - you can listen to the song on Rove's website at the moment

www.rovelive.com.au

Belinda Emmett song releasedBy Erin McWhirter

November 16, 2006 08:01pm

A HEART-wrenching ballad sung by the late Belinda Emmett has been released on the eve of her funeral.

Less Than Perfect, gives a personal insight into Emmett's private life and was written while she battled cancer.

"Have you ever wondered, what it would be like, to be somebody else, with their perfect, perfect life?" she sings.

"But it's mine to carry, mine to own, and it's not so scary, to carry it alone."

The song was released to radio stations by the 32-year-old's family today in celebration of her life.

It was recorded in 2003, for a solo album which Emmett recognised "as a labour of love".

"It has never been released and is one of the tracks off the album, which she was working on the last few months, but wasn't able to complete," Emmett's spokesperson said.

The former Home and Away star's life revolved around music from as early as high school.

Emmett, the wife of television personality Rove McManus, died on November 11 with her husband and family by her side at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital.

She had fought an eight-year battle with cancer.

In 2004, she recorded Shower The People with singer Marcia Hines.

"It didn't matter whether she was laying down vocal tracks in a professional studio or just letting rip at a karaoke party with friends, Belle (Belinda) was at her happiest behind a microphone," the release said.

Emmett wrote every song on the album, collaborating closely with ARIA-winning writer/producer Phil Buckle and producer/arranger Daniel Denholm.

Less Than Perfect will also be available to the public by a download from http://rovelive.com/

The release said the Emmett family were sharing the song now, knowing it "will bring a smile to Belinda's face to know that her music is finally being heard".

Her funeral will be held at Sydney's Mary Immaculate Church at 11am (AEDT) tomorrow.

It has brought a smile on my face. Belinda had an amazing singing voice and to think that she was making music during her cancer battle is totally inspiring!! I'm sure she would of been very happy to know that so many people love her song "Less Than Prefect."

I have downloaded the song so that I can hear it again and again!!

Rest In Peace!! :(:(

Jazer (Jarad) :)

I think the song is really great! Its so annoying she never got to release it personally, as every interview she brought it up and spoke about it with excitement - its great people are hearing it now though - it does sounds realllly great - the lyrics are so meaningful and inspirational.

Emmett's family, friends to say farewell

AAP

17 November 2006

Family and friends will say their final goodbyes to Belinda Emmett at her funeral in Sydney.

The 32-year-old former Home and Away star died at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital just before dawn last Saturday after an eight-year battle with cancer.

Emmett's funeral will be held on Friday morning at Sydney's Mary Immaculate Church, Charing Cross, the same church in which she wed TV talk-show host Rove McManus only in January last year.

A heart-wrenching ballad sung by Emmett was released by her family on Thursday in celebration of her life.

Less Than Perfect, recorded in 2003, gives a personal insight into the actor's private life and was written while she battled cancer.

"Have you ever wondered, what it would be like, to be somebody else, with their perfect, perfect life?" she sings.

"But it's mine to carry, mine to own, and it's not so scary, to carry it alone."

Earlier this week, the Seven Network dedicated episodes of Home and Away and All Saints to Emmett.

The message in the closing credits read "In memory of our friend, Belinda Emmett 1974 - 2006." It also had information for people to donate money for breast cancer research.

The funeral starts at 11am (AEDT) and, following the service, Emmett's family will proceed to a private cremation.

McManus, who has cancelled his television variety show for the rest of the year, will not speak at the funeral.

Friday November 17, 01:03 PM

Rove pays tribute to late wife Belinda Emmett

By 7News

3093763495.jpg

Family and friends of Belinda Emmett have paid tribute to the actress and singer at her funeral in Sydney.

Home and Away and All Saints star Belinda died on Saturday, aged 32, after an eight-year battle with cancer.

Her funeral was held at Mary Immaculate in Waverley, the church where she and her TV presenter husband Rove McManus were married in January last year.

Rove did not speak at the service, but paid tribute to his wife through family friend Father Jim McKeon, calling her his soulmate, and telling the congregation that the pair had shared a love which could withstand just about anything.

"I don't know what I did to be given the gift of Belinda Emmett, but whatever it was, I am glad I did it," he said.

One of Belinda's best friends, her nurse and her agent read eulogies, and Rove�s mother Coralie McManus, gave a reading.

Many of Belinda�s close friends from the world of TV and music, including Home and Away co-star Kate Ritchie, Bert and Patti Newton, and Australian test bowler Glenn McGrath and his wife Jane, attended the service.

The actress's coffin, decorated with pink and white lilies, was carried into the church about an hour before the service began, and as mourners gathered outside, a song recorded by Belinda, detailing her fight against the disease and released by her family on Friday, was played to the crowd.

In a statement posted on her husband's Rove Live website, the family said: "When she left us, Belinda was close to realising her dream of completing a solo album.

"Her family and collaborators are sharing this song now in the certain knowledge that it will bring a smile to Belle's face to know that her music is finally being heard."

The ballad, entitled 'Less than Perfect', includes the lyric: "Have you ever wondered, what it would be like, to be somebody else, with their perfect, perfect life?

Belinda was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998, while starring as Rebecca Fisher in Home and Away.

After time off for treatment, she went into remission, but the cancer returned.

In 2001, while working on hospital drama All Saints, Belinda was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

Her family has asked fans not to send flowers, but asked for donations in her memory to be given to the McGrath Foundation, which funds breast care nurses.

Related links:

Slideshow: Photographic tribute - Belinda Emmett

MP3: Listen to Belinda Emmett's song 'Less Than Perfect'

Jazer (Jarad) :)

Archived