Belinda Emmett dies, age 32

Guest *dW*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking as a tribute within H&A itself they could get Alf, Irene and Sally in a scene in the diner and Alf could look sad and say that Don has just called to tell him that "young Rebecca" has died. Alf and the others could then say what a wonderful person she was and although they would be 'in character' really it would be the actors saying it for real. They could do it in about a minute worth of screen time and maybe edit it into an existing episode (sort of depends on Alf's storylines I suppose).

Might be too difficult for the actors to do though.

Personally, I think that would be too weird.

Hey guys,

Here are the screencaps of the memorial dedication message for Belinda Emmett. These are from the homeandawayoz site. This message appeared on Monday's episode of Home & Away and Tuesday's episode of All Saints:

2mdkj8l.jpg

2w1zc0i.jpg

Jazer (Jarad) :)

I think they should have had a picture to go with the message.

I was thinking as a tribute within H&A itself they could get Alf, Irene and Sally in a scene in the diner and Alf could look sad and say that Don has just called to tell him that "young Rebecca" has died. Alf and the others could then say what a wonderful person she was and although they would be 'in character' really it would be the actors saying it for real. They could do it in about a minute worth of screen time and maybe edit it into an existing episode (sort of depends on Alf's storylines I suppose).

Might be too difficult for the actors to do though.

Personally, I think that would be too weird.

IMO I think that would be terribly disrespectful.

I was an avid H&A fan from around 94-01, during which time Belinda played Rebecca on the show.

I loved her character, I'm sure it reflected her warm personlity in real life. Devastated to hear of her death, I couldnt believe it. She will be sorely missed.

Not a mention on eiether version of Five - disappointing :(

I agree with what you are saying, but don't forget that in 1996-99, when Belinda was on the show, H&A was on ITV. Although, it was on the BBC website too, so that wasn't much of an excuse. It was in the Sun and Sunday Mail, and also on GMTV (produced by ITV), so Five were the only ones not to mention it.

Archived