Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally! Jack and Martha are getting somewhere :D I'm so happy. I just hope it continues...

Feel a little for Dean, even though nothing has actually happened between Jack and Martha; yet :P lol

I'm still backing the Rob-ster on this one. I don't think he is romantically linked with this girl. And if he is and if I'm made to eat my words, I shall not be impressed <_<

Hope we see further developments between Jack and Martha in the chapters coming up :wub: Can't wait to read more!

Pretty boring chapter, enjoy

Chapter 30:

“Hey you know your birthday’s coming up this weekend” he told her planning on what to get her.

“Yeah” Martha replied. But she was too distracted to think about it. Last night when she had left Jack’s house, they didn’t really sort much out after she had stopped crying. They had talked a bit more about Tash and Robbie and Martha decided it was best to see what would happen, it could have not been true altogether so she decided to leave it. Jack had agreed and had promised that he wouldn’t tell. She was also distracted from last night when Jack had told her how he really felt, she somehow knew it but she liked hearing it.

“So what do you want for it?” Dean asked.

“Nothing, you don’t have to get me anything” Martha smiled.

“Oh C’mon I couldn’t do that” he replied.

“Yes you can, you just buy me nothing it’s easy” she smiled at him. The more time she spent with Dean the more she liked him. But not in the way she expected it. She liked him more as a friend. She had really thought that maybe one day she would be able to like him in a different way, but right no she couldn’t see it.

“What about a car, or a house?” Dean joked. Martha just laughed back in reply. She was going to end up having a party and Tash and Robbie had offered to have it at their place so she had it all sorted. A couple of drinks with her family and friends were all she wanted.

Suddenly her thoughts were distracted as she heard Dean’s phone ring. It was the second time in the space of an hour. He stood up from where he was sitting and moved further away so Martha couldn’t here the conversation. She wondered what was going on, but it wasn’t her business so she wasn’t going to ears drop.

“So do you want to start inviting people to this part or what?” Tash joked. “Otherwise you won’t have anyone come there” she added.

“Well it was only last night that we had decided to have a party” Martha laughed it off. “I mean 3 days is enough to invite people” she smiled at Tash. She watched as Robbie and Jack made their way into the diner. She smiled at both of them as Jack took a seat next to her and Robbie next to Tash. Martha kept her eyes focused on Robbie who was looking out in empty space.

“Hey” they both smiled at them. Martha and Tash replied in return.

“So I thought you were spending the day with Dean” Jack asked turning to Martha, he had actually thought things would be weird between them but they weren’t. He was kind of glad he had told her the truth.

“Yeah and so did I, but he got a call and had to meet up with someone” Martha replied. Jack smiled in response.

“So Robbie are we still going to dinner tonight?” Tash questioned him. She was actually excited she hadn’t been out in ages with him.

“I’m sorry I can’t” Robbie replied. “I promised a couple of friends I would meet up with them” Robbie replied.

“What again?” Tash asked, “I’ve hardly seen you all week” she moaned.

Martha and Jack both exchanged looks. Now Jack was getting the same idea as Martha. It wasn’t like Robbie to ditch Tash for someone else; normally those two would be joined at the hip.

“What?” Robbie asked as he watched Martha staring at him.

“Nothing” she snapped. “I didn’t say anything” she added. She wasn’t in the mood with playing nice.

“Then why are you staring at me like I’ve killed someone” Robbie tried to laugh it off. But Martha was serious.

“I don’t know you tell me” she asked him. Tash and Robbie both looked at her confused and shrugged their shoulders.

“Excuse us for a second” Jack said as he dragged Martha outside. Once they were in the clear he turned around to face her.

“What are you doing in there?” Jack questioned her.

“Didn’t you just here, he’s probably going to go and spend time with the women again, he’s cheating on her” Martha replied using the same tone as Jack.

“Yeah but I thought we agreed on leaving this for a while” Jack told her.

“Yeah whatever” Martha replied turning around but Jack grabbed her and spun her back in his direction.

“You could loose your friendship with Tash, you know she cares about Robbie and as a best friend you should stick with her no matter what Robbie is doing, Let this sort it self out” he told her.

“Ok, I get it” she told him. “I will leave it for now”

“Good now let’s go back before they think you’ve gone crazy” Jack replied pushing her along.

Martha watched in the distance as Robbie sat by himself it looked like he was waiting for someone. She didn’t know whether she should go talk to him or not. Her conversation with Jack had made her see sense but now she had forgotten all that. She wanted to get to the bottom of this.

“Hey” Martha sneaked up behind him. He turned around getting a fright. “What you weren’t expecting me?” Martha asked him. She saw how shocked he was to see her.

“Uh, I ummm...” Robbie didn’t know what to say.

“So who are you waiting for?” Martha asked eager to know.

“No one” Robbie said suddenly. Martha laughed a bit before beginning to speak.

“So your just standing here for fun” she replied back sarcastically.

“No I was just leaving” Robbie said as he made his way towards the beach and away from Martha. He grabbed out his phone making a call as Martha watched him in the distance. She defiantly knew something was up.

“What are you doing here” Jack whispered in her ear as he sat down beside her. Martha jumped up, she was too distracted in her thoughts to realize someone was coming up behind her. She felt Jack’s hands on her shoulder and smiled.

“Nothing” she finally replied turning to face him.

“Liar” he poked her as she smiled at him. “You can’t act all innocent when I come along” Jack added.

“Alright I was just thinking” she told him the truth.

“About what?” Jack asked wanting to know.

“Everything” Martha answered back. There had been so many thoughts in her mind she didn’t know what to do. “Things have just been crazy for the past weeks” she added. Jack knew what she meant by that, he had probably even confused her with everything yesterday but there was no way he was regretting what he told her. He was glad that she knew, it made things much simpler between them.

Martha looked back at Jack who was smiling at her. He gave her that Jack Holden smile that she never forgot; it always had the same effect on her.

Next Chapter: Jack wants to know whats going on inside Martha's head

This Robbie buisness is revealed( hopefully) lol

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the next chapter

Chapter 31:

“Martha guess what?’ Tash asked as she ran up to her. Before Martha could even reply Tash began talking again. “Robbie’s taking me to dinner tonight” she smiled obviously excited.

Martha smiled in return, since last night he had ditched her for that women again, it was a good thing he was going to make it up to her, since Martha was really thinking of telling Tash what was up. “That’s great Tash” Martha replied.

“I know, I can’t wait I’ve hardly seen him all week” Tash added. “I better go and see what I’m going to wear or I’ll never end up going” she added, before giving Martha a hug and walking of happily.

Martha smiled at her best friend. She and Robbie had been dating for so long and yet after all those years he still managed to make her smile because of one dinner. She just wished that Robbie loved Tash as much as she loved him.

She was by herself for most of today. Sally and Flynn were at work and Ric and Cassie were at school. She had offered to look after Pippa who she was babysitting. She hadn’t spoken to Dean since yesterday he had just walked of unexpectedly she had no idea where he had gone.

“Hey you hungry?” Martha asked as she watched Pippa walk out of her room. Pippa nodded in response as Martha headed for the kitchen to make her something to eat. Martha watched as Pippa sat on the couch with her teddy bear tightly tucked under her arm. Her hair was all messed up as she had just woken up, but Martha thought she had still looked so cute. Martha’s thoughts soon came to a stop as a knock on the door caught her attention

“Come in “she yelled from the kitchen not even knowing who it was.

“Hey Pippa” Jack said as he walked in looking at the small child curled up on the couch watching TV. “How are you?’ he said as he walked passed and messed up her. Pippa smiled back in return

Martha watched from the distance, this reminded her so much of when her and Jack were together. Jack would always come and keep her company while she was baby sitting. She even remembered how Pippa made them watch all her cartoons. Now that seemed such a long time ago.

“Hey you” he said walking up to the table where Martha was making lunch. “Your granddad told me you were here” he added. He had wanted to come and talk to Martha; he wanted to know what was going on inside her head, because right now he was confused.

“Yeah I’m babysitting Pippa” she answered back returning to making her sandwich.

Jack turned his attention back onto the TV he watched in amusement as Pippa’s face lit up every time a new character would pop onto the screen. He smiled to himself, not knowing that a cartoon could be so exciting. He then focused back onto Martha.

“So, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk” Jack began. “I just want to talk to you” he added. Martha was about to ask him what about but then it had clicked to her, he probably wanted to discuss the other night and she had no idea what to say.

“I can’t” Martha told him. “Not now I’m kind of busy” she added trying to get out of it.

“Oh C’mon, it will take like 20 minutes” Jack tried again.

“I can’t, I’m looking after Pippa” Martha replied. But Jack didn’t want to take no for an answer. He turned around and walked over to Pippa.

“Hey Pippa do you want to go to the beach with me and Martha” Jack asked as he sat down beside her.

“Yes” she smiled excitedly. She then looked over at Martha. “Can we?” she asked.

Martha looked over at Jack giving him a glare, why did he have to do that, she then looked at Pippa there was no way she could turn down that smile that was on Pippa’s face she looked to happy.

“Okay, fine” she finally gave up. Turning around and not looking at Jack, he always seemed to find a way to annoy her.

They both sat there in silence watching a Pippa played in the sand. None of them said anything. Jack didn’t know how to start what was he supposed to say to her to make her change her mind. He had forgotten the fact that she had a boyfriend; maybe after all he was crazy about still going after her.

Martha turned to face him, she gave him a weak smile before looking away. She knew they were going to end up having this conversation. When she had fallen into his arms the other night it had felt so right, but she couldn’t keep doing that to him. She was just getting his hopes up. The problem was she had no idea what she wanted now.

“Jack I know what this is about” Martha began.

“Good then you can tell me what’s going on” Jack answered.

“Nothing’s going on” Martha replied back bluntly.

“I just want to know what’s going on inside your head, Martha I’m really trying hard here and I have no idea what to do” he spoke truthfully.

Martha let out a loud sigh.

“To tell you the truth, neither do I, I have no idea what’s going on I am so confused and as I told you this week has been crazy” she could feel the tears coming out of her eyes, she didn’t want to breakdown again she couldn’t.

“I hate this, I hate this whole situation everything’s changed” Jack told her.

“You mean as in Dean?” Martha asked. Jack didn’t reply he stayed quiet. “Jack?” Martha asked again.

“Yeah...” Jack finally replied. “Before it was different, I mean even if we weren’t together I could still see you and be around you. But now it’s totally different, your someone else’s now” he finished of.

Martha smiled sympathetically at him. She loved the way he spoke about her it really showed how much he cared. She just wanted to jump in his arms but she knew she couldn’t, that would make things even worse.

“I’m sorry” Martha told him.

“It’s not your fault, I just thought that when we got back together that time it was going to last, I mean you finally gave me another chance and then it all blew off after 2 days” he replied.

Martha rested her hand on his shoulder; she now knew how hard it must have been for him to go through all that. Maybe getting Dean involved in this wasn’t such a good idea. Yes she was angry that Ashley had come back, but that didn’t mean she had to go of with another guy. Maybe if she had stayed they could have worked things out. But she wasn’t going to think about that what was done was done.

“You don’t have to say anything” he told her looking in her direction. He didn’t want to make her feel bad for any of this, it wasn’t her fault. Martha looked away not wanting to show Jack any emotion

“Come here” he pulled her by the waist and placed his hands around her. She pushed herself of him; she couldn’t keep doing this to him. She had a boyfriend. But he didn’t give up he tried once again pulling her closer to him. This time Martha didn’t pull away she just rested her head on his shoulder. She was doing it again, why did Jack Holden have such an effect on her. She wanted to desperately tell him how she felt, but she couldn’t nothing wanted to come out of her mouth

“Hello, Martha speaking” she answered the phone

“Hey Martha its Tash” she replied in an excited voice.

“Someone’s seems happy, I’m guessing the dinner went good then” Martha replied.

“It went more than good” Tash replied.

“What do you mean?” Martha asked.

“Robbie, he proposed to me…”

YaY!

I had THREE WHOLE CHAPTERS to catch up on :D

And I loved every single one of them :D

I wish Martha would just open up though :(

And whats with Dean, he makes me suspicious lol

Jacks adorable :wub:

I want him :(

Looking forward to more, I like how your updateing more often now, please keep it up *big grin*

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the next chapter, I don't like it as it has alot of dialogue :(

Chapter 32:

“Congratulations guys, who would have thought you’d be getting engaged” Jack said giving Tash a quick hug; he then looked over at Martha trying his hardest not to laugh. She had thought that Robbie had cheated on Tash, she was way off. He took a seat next to Martha.

Martha took a quick look at Jack who was trying not to laugh, but Martha noticed it. She gave him a slap on the arm.

“Stop it” she tried putting on a serious face, but she could see the funny side to this as well, the women Robbie was seeing was the ring lady, he wanted to make it perfect for Tash and from what Martha had heard it was definitely a night that Tash wouldn’t forget. She was engaged to the man of her dreams.

“So have you two decided when you’re having the wedding?” Martha asked.

“Well we were thinking of just staying engaged for a while, we’ll see how that goes” Tash replied.

“You two come down to Noah’s tonight to celebrate” Robbie told then.

“Yeah sure I’ll be there” Jack replied.

“Me too” Martha added.

“I have to go down to the station, so I’ll see you two tonight” Jack told them.

“Yeah we have to go to mum’s, she’s dying to see us” Robbie told them.

Jack stood up followed by Martha “Bye” she waved as they exited the diner. Once they were outside Jack burst into laughter.

“Cheating, hey?” Jack joked.

“Shut up” Martha laughed. “How was I supposed to know they were getting engaged” she added. Jack didn’t reply he just kept laughing.

“Well if you’re going to keep laughing at me, I’m going to go” Martha told him walking of, but Jack caught onto her arm before she could go any further.

“Okay, no more laughing at you, I promise” he tried to put on a straight face. “I’m sorry” he told her.

“Fine, you can walk me to Noah’s then, I want to go see granddad” Martha told him. Jack was about to reply, but stopped as he saw who was approaching them.

“Uh maybe some other time” Jack said as he shifted on his spot, looking down. Martha looked at Jack and then In front of her, she saw Dean approaching them that would explain Jack’s strange behavior.

“I guess I better go I’ll see you tonight” Jack said as he turned around walking the other direction, he didn’t hate Dean but he just didn’t want to be around them. He had also decided that he wasn’t going to push Martha into telling him how she felt. He was just going to let things happen by themselves.

“Hey, feels like I haven’t seen you in ages” Dean said as he slid his hands around her waist pulling her into a hug.

“I know” Martha replied.

“Well the good news is, tomorrow because it’s your birthday, I’m taking you shopping so I can spoil you” he told her.

“You don’t have to do that, I told you I don’t want anything” Martha explained to him.

“Well I’m not taking no as an answer, so I’m picking you up tomorrow in the morning ok?” he asked her.

“Fine” Martha finally gave up. She was about to speak, but was interrupted as Dean’s phone began to ring.

“Sorry” he told her, moving away and pulling out his phone “I have to take this” he added.

“That’s fine I’ll meet you at Noah’s” she told him that must have been the fourth time they had been distracted by his phone in the past week.

“Hello” Dean answered into the phone. He knew very well who it was though, he didn’t have to ask. “I told you not to call me” he added.

“I’m sorry but I had to” the voice replied.

“I can’t talk to you right now” Dean answered back.

“Then when can you, I haven’t seen you in weeks” she replied.

“I’m sorry” he told her “But you know I can’t” he added.

“It doesn’t have to be this way, we can just forget about all that” the mystery women replied.

“I can’t…” he said trailing off, it’s not like he didn’t want to see her, he couldn’t, he had promised himself he would stay away but she made it so hard.

“Please I just want to see you” she said beginning to get upset.

“I know, I want to see you as well but –“ he began to speak but was cut off.

“Then come please” she answered back.

“I can’t and you know that” he told her.

“Just think about it please…” she added before hanging up the phone. Dean placed his phone back in his pocket, she made this even harder, he didn’t know how long he could put up with this.

“Wow I guess a lot of people turned up” Robbie said looking around. Mostly everyone he knew was here. But it was the way he had wanted it.

“I guess everyone is happy to see you two finally engaged” Martha told them both, she couldn’t be happier for her best friends. They had gone through so much and yet their love always remained strong, she didn’t know how they managed it.

“Martha come dance” Ric pulled her by the arm as they walked over to the dance floor.

“Someone’s in a happy mood” Martha replied.

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be” Ric replied. “So where is Dean, I haven’t seen him in ages” Ric said looking around.

“I guess he’s not here yet, he said he was coming” Martha said trying to spot him, but instead her eyes met with Jack’s who was been dragged to the dance floor by Beth. He gave her a small smile, causing her to smile as well.

“Well at least if Dean doesn’t show up, you’ll have Jack” Ric told her

“Ric!” Martha said pretending to be angry, but all she got out was a laugh.

“You know you want him” Ric joked

Next Chapter: What’s up with Dean? and….. It’s Martha’s Birthday!

Archived