Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

Hey here’s the next chapter. Only a bit of J&M in it but there will be plenty of them in the next chapter Which I have already written half and it will be longer than this one

Enjoy

Chapter 25

“Tash you know you can say something” Martha laughed but then stopped realizing it wasn’t getting her attention. She and Tash had gone for a walk the next morning. Since Martha came back they hadn’t spent a lot of time together and a quiet walk on the beach was perfect just what they needed.

“I’m sorry I just guess I’m a bit surprised” Tash told her honestly, they were on the topic of Dean and since Martha was her best friend she wasn’t going to lie to her, not now not ever.

“Surprised? What do you mean” Martha wanted to know. She hadn’t really discussed her relationship with Dean to anyone; it wasn’t like much people knew him anyway.

“Well, let’s just say I wasn’t expecting you to comeback with a boyfriend” she replied simply, trying hard not to hurt her feelings.

Martha looked down at her feet as they both continued to walk on, she hadn’t even expected herself to be with Dean, and she didn’t even imagine it. But it had just happened and Martha needed a change she couldn’t go on like she was before.

“I’m sure Dean’s a great guy an…” Tash tried to talk, but Martha cut it.

“It’s ok I understand” Martha stopped her and smiled at her. “You don’t have to explain to me” she added.

“Good” Tash smiled back at her. “I don’t want you to think I’m not happy for you, because I am. I just want to know if this is what you really want, are you sure you’re not rushing into this?” she questioned.

“I thought a lot about it and it feels like the right thing to do, Dean’s a nice guy” Martha explained.

Tash paused for a second hesitating whether to ask the next question.

“But you don’t love him?” she finally replied.

Martha stopped for a second and began to think. She knew she didn’t love this guy, it wasn’t possible to love someone so quickly, love was something that took time.

“No but I do care about him a lot and he cares about me too, I think it’s a bit too early for that” she told her honestly.

“Fair enough” Tash smiled, she was going to put her own opinion out of this and stick by Martha, she knew Martha would do the same for her.

“Well I promised I’d meet Robbie at the diner, you going to be alright on your own?” she asked.

“Yeah I’ll be fine, I’ll see you later” Martha waved her of as Tasha left. She let out a loud sigh before placing her self on the ground. She brought her knees up and leaned her head on them. So much had happened in these couple of days that it made her head hurt just thinking about it.

A year ago it was so different. She had nothing to worry about. She had her friends and Jack Holden was no where in site. Her life was so much simpler.

But she wasn’t going to think about that anymore, she was going try and get past it put it behind her, she knew it was best for everyone. Now she had Dean and things were going to be different, there would be less arguing with Jack and she’d have someone to confide in when things went wrong.

She lifted her head up, and then it all came back to her, just when she wanted it left alone it stood in front of her about 20 meters away. She just wish she could forget everything and make this all better. She just guessed she wasn’t trying hard enough

She had spotted Jack further up in the distance and he was talking to Ashley. Martha didn’t even know what was going on between them yesterday when they had come back they had seemed happy and now they looked a lot closer. She wondered if something was going on between them.

The next thing she saw was Ashley taking a step forward and hugging Jack, she held on tight before letting go. They both parted in different ways. Ashley went towards the diner, while Jack walked towards her way. She didn’t think that he had spotted her just yet, not that he would even care that she was sitting there

As he got closer Martha wondered whether she should speak to him, but then again she didn’t know what to say, most of the speaking just seemed to turn into fighting these days.

As he walked straight past her without saying a word Martha decided to stop him. “Jack” she called out as he turned around and walked a bit towards her way. “You’re not even going to say hi to me?” Martha questioned.

“I’m not in the mood right now” Jack replied. He couldn’t go on pretending like nothing had happened to him and Martha didn’t even realize what brining Dean to Summer Bay was going to do.

“You seemed pretty happy back there with Ashley” Martha knew she shouldn’t be picking fights with him but she couldn’t help it, it’s what her and Jack did best. “And last night as well” she added.

Jack just stopped to look at her, he came a bit closer, he couldn’t believe what she was saying, so what? Martha had the right to go of with some guy and yet he wasn’t even allowed to hug someone because they were friends.

“Martha I don’t want to fight, I’m sick of this” he told her honestly.

“You don’t think I am” she snapped back no turning it serious.

“Then why do you say things like that, are your trying to purposely **** me of, because you know what Martha it’s working” he snapped back at her.

“Why do you seem to get angry every time I mention Ashley, you seem to be protecting her a lot” Martha stated.

“If you really want to know, she had told me some good news and I’m happy for her, we are just friends” Jack replied as he looked away, he didn’t know how much more of this he could take.

“Well it doesn’t bother me” Martha told him, she didn’t want him to think that she was even interested in him and Ashley.

“Then why say it?” Jack walked of; he knew if he didn’t leave now he would say things he didn’t mean.

Next Chapter: What’s Ashley’s good news? And why is Martha angry?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the next chapter :)

Chapter 26:

Jack wanted into the house as he opened the door. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer before placing himself on the couch. He didn’t think he could take much more of these fights with Martha, he was tempted to say things he didn’t want to.

He wanted to tell her what he thought about hers and Dean’s relationship, but he thought it was best if he stayed out of it, it wasn’t any of his business. He just didn’t understand why Martha would be doing this to herself, one day she was completely over Jack and was ready to move on and then next she was annoying him about his friendship with Ashley.

It would have been much better they were to stay out of each others way because all they seemed to do was cause each other hurt. Maybe if he wasn’t to see Martha he wouldn’t have to watch her be with Dean, it would have some good outcomes from it, even though he would miss her.

He snapped out of his thoughts as he saw Kim walk through the door. He didn’t want to be unhappy it just made everyone feel bad around him. He smiled as he greeted him.

“Hey”

“Hey mate” Kim smiled, today was a good day he just knew it.

“So I ran into Ashley at the beach and she told me” Jack winked at him. “Good work” he smiled. Ashley had told him earlier down at the beach that she and Kim had decided to officially start going out. They had been pretty good friends ever since she had arrived and she was ready for a relationship.

“I know I don’t think I could be any happier she’s a great girl” Kim smiled at him; he didn’t expect them to ever be together. Couple of months ago he didn’t even think anything about her and now, he was in a relationship with her.

“So did you hear” Robbie asked Tash and Martha as they sat at a table in the diner.

“Hear what?” They both asked at the same time.

“Ashley and Kim, they are going out” Robbie smiled, he had seen Kim earlier and he had told him.

“What are you serious?” Tash asked. Robbie just nodded his head in response. They both turned to Martha who wasn’t paying any attention she looked like she was in her own world. Once she realized they were both looking at her she replied.

“Yeah that’s great” she forced a smile. “I have to go, I forgot that I had promised to help granddad with something” she tried to make up an excuse; the truth was she wanted to go and see someone.

“Coming” Jack called out as he let out a groan, he was watching the footy and he didn’t like being interrupted. He kept his eyes on the television until he reached the door and realized who it was.

“Can I come in?” Martha forced a fake smile, she practically pushed herself in.

“Great just what I need” Jack rolled his eyes. “So what’s up?” Jack asked as he flicked the TV off.

“Kim isn’t here is he?” she asked just incase.

“No he’s gone out” Jack replied, wondering why Martha had come to see him.

“Great, well I suppose you already know about him and Ashley?” Martha asked, since he lived with him, he figured Jack would already know.

“Yeah, what are you getting at” Jack asked as he folded his arms.

“You’re not going to warn him or anything, I mean he is your friend” Martha suggested, she didn’t see why Kim would actually want to be with Ashley after what she had done.

“Why warn him, he’s happy he likes the girl, as far as that goes I think that’s reasonable” Jack replied he really had no idea what she was going on about.

“Oh she’s great isn’t she I’m sure you’d know” Martha replied. Jack suddenly figured out what she was on about “You don’t think Kim deserves someone who won’t cheat on him, who’d stay loyal to him” Martha added.

“You’ve got to be joking me?” Jack asked. “You came here just to tell me that” he laughed. He continued to talk realizing Martha wasn’t going to say anything. “Ashley’s not like that, we all know what happened between me and her was a mistake, a huge mistake, it wasn’t meant to happen and to be honest I think Kim has moved on from it, it doesn’t seem to bother him so why should it bother you, your not the one dating Ashley” he explained to her as he raised his voice.

“Oh she’s a really great girl, if she was so great she wouldn’t have gone and ruined people relationships” Martha yelled back referring to her and Jack.

“Why does it matter to you anyway, I mean your with Dean now, you seem happy, if Ashley hadn’t come along you would have never gotten the chance to be with Dean, so be happy” he replied sarcastically.

“I can’t believe you just said that” Martha said.

“Well why not, your going on and on about how Dean cares about you so much and what a nice guy he is, he must have been so much better than me, so why does any of this bother you” he replied raising his voice again. “You got what you wanted, Ashley’s with Kim and its all good, I don’t see the problem” he rolled his eyes. This is why he didn’t want to fight he was saying things he would regret.

“Because Dean is perfect for you, he’s what you always wanted, so if you ask me you have no reason to be angry at anyone” he added.

“First of all I haven’t even spoken to you about Dean, so how would you know any of this” she snapped as she saw him roll his eyes and look away “And second it’s none of your business” she added

“Really? And me being friends with Ashley is somehow your business? And Kim’s and Ashley’s relationship as well?” Jack asked.

“You know what I’m going” she snapped at him.

“Good” Jack replied as he turned away and fell back on the couch, waiting for her to leave.

Once she was outside she could feel her tears coming down her face, she had promised herself she wouldn’t have cried but she couldn’t help it.

She watched the happy couple chased each other down the beach. Since Kim was faster he had caught up, he picked her up and dragged her off to the water with her screaming in his arms to let her go, but he wouldn’t. Martha couldn’t help but smile that reminded her of her and Jack. The times they had back then, when everything was perfect and when they had nothing to worry about.

She had come down to the beach after her fight with Jack; she needed time to think it all through. She was actually surprised what he had said about Dean, Martha could tell that he wasn’t happy with him, most importantly he wasn’t happy with Dean being with her.

She watched closely as Kim and Ashley continued to share their fun, anyone watching them would figure they were a perfectly normal happy couple, then why couldn’t she see them like that as well. She was going to admit she didn’t really know or like Ashley, but she had her reasons why. Outside of that she had never actually met her properly or even had a proper conversation.

“Martha” she whispered as she sat next to her. Martha got a fright. She turned around to notice Ashley sitting beside her. She forced a smile; she was too caught up in her own thoughts to even realize that Ashley had walked up to her

“Lovely day isn’t it?” she smiled.

“Yeah, could be better” Martha replied back, she didn’t know whether to be angry or happy.

“So how’s Dean?” she asked trying to make conversation. “Jack told me he’s from the city” she added.

“Well, he had no right to tell you that” she said razing her voice, she didn’t mean it but she was juts angry and the more someone mentioned Jack the worse it got.

“Sorry” she frowned as she looked away from Martha. “Listen Martha, you don’t like me that much I know, not that I blame you. But I’m not that kind of person” she explained to her. Martha just stayed quiet and listened.

“I don’t want you to take it out on Jack, if your angry with me being here then tell me, it’s not Jack’s fault I’m back” she told her. “Me and Jack are just friends nothing else and that stupid kiss shouldn’t even have happened, I know saying sorry isn’t going to solve it but I don’t know what else to do” she added.

“I know but Jack was the one that kissed you back as well, he broke my trust it wasn’t only you” she replied.

“I understand and I’m sure if he could take it all back he would, no doubt, but he really does care about you and he has made it clear to me that he only wants to be friends with me” she answered.

“What do you mean?” Martha asked confused.

“Well you know last night when he took me outside, he wanted to make sure that I had no feelings for him and that we would only remain friends. That’s all he wants to be with me, nothing else” she smiled at Martha.

Martha gave her a smile back, at least now she knew nothing had happened between them two last night, not that any of that mattered anymore her and Jack were still in an argument.

“Uh, well I better go” she said looking behind Martha. Martha followed her eyes as she turned around and saw Jack walking towards her. “Bye” she waved of.

Martha just stood their sitting, Jack was coming closer and closer towards her, she wondered why he was here, maybe he had come back to finish the argument or maybe this was a positive thing.

Sorry to end it there, the chapter was already too long and if i was to add the other part in, it would be even longer lol :P

you suck for leaving it there. Great chapter though. I love JM arguments. Im just waiting for Martha to kiss him during one of their arguments :P Ashley seems nice, and her and Kim, thats cute. I like her now :) Wonder what Jack wants now :)

More please

:(

I wish you hadnt left it there :(

Great chapter, Martha really needs to sort herself out and learn to trust Jack. She knows how much he loves her!

I hope they sort something out, its sad when they fight :(

Looking forward to more :)

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick description of what happened.

Martha came back with a boyfriend (Dean). Jack has told Ashley that he only wanted to be friends. Martha and Jack ended up in a fight because of Ashley and Kim being together and also because of Dean

And here's the next chapter, sorry i took so long

Chapter 27:

Jack sat down beside her and said nothing. He was so sure of what he wanted to say before he came here and now that he was, he was lost for words. Nothing came out. He turned to look at her; her eyes shining it looked like she had been crying.

Martha felt like she could cry again, it had been ages since her and Jack actually spent some time together and talked. All they did lately was fight.

“Im sorry, Im a jerk” Jack told her as he broke the silence and looked at her, but she didnt look back at him, she didnt think she could look at him right now if she did shed begin to cry again.

“Youre not a jerk” she smiled up at him, finally making eye contact.

“I am, I said things that werent even meant to be said, I went way too far” he apologized; he had really crossed the line back at the house.

“I think I did as well, Im sorry” she answered.

“Its ok dont worry about it” he smiled at her causing her to smile back. “So what happened between you and Ashley, I hope I didnt interrupt something” Jack asked.

“Oh it was nothing, she was just telling me about what you told her la..” but she stopped realizing maybe Ashley might not have wanted Martha to tell Jack.

“Last night” Jack smiled finishing of her sentence.

“Yeah” she replied shyly.

“Well I was telling her the truth, I wanted nothing more than to be friends and I wanted her to know incase someone ended up getting hurt at the end, I think Ive hurt way too many people, especially you” Jack reached out as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Martha looked at him, he could be so caring sometimes and at times like these Martha wished they were still together. She knew no other guy would come close to loving her as much as Jack did.

“What I said about Dean, I” he began but Martha cut him off.

“Dont worry about it” Martha told him. “You dont really like this whole situation with me and Dean?” Martha asked wanting to know the answer.

“It doesnt matter what I think” Jack decided to reply, it wasnt important, Martha seemed happy.

“It does to me” she tried again.

“No it doesnt as long as youre happy thats all that matters” Jack told her hoping she wouldnt ask him so many questions about it. If he was to really tell her what he had thought they might never be the same again.

“These past few days have really been bad” Martha smiled as she leaned against his shoulder. Jack flinched away form her touch he couldnt do this, the more time he spent with her the more he wanted her it couldnt go on.

“Martha, we cant keep doing this” Jack began “We always end up fighting and Im sick of it” Jack told her.

“I am as well” Martha said sitting up and looking at him.

“Thats why its maybe better if we dont see each other anymore, if we maybe stay out of each others way, because were just going to end up hurting ourselves and everyone around us” he explained.

“No” Martha shook her head. “I dont want to take time apart, I like being around you, I dont want to have to ignore you every time I walk past” she replied angrily, there was no way she was going to do that she couldnt live like that.

“But Mar-“ he started.

“No, we are just going to try and get along without bringing other things into it” she told him. “Ok?” she questioned.

“Fine” he finally gave up, now he knew there was no way of getting over her, she would just be a reminder of what he couldnt have and the worst part was he would see her everyday.

“Good” she smiled as she leaned over and hugged him. Jack hugged her back holding on tight, at times like these he didnt want to let her go. It felt right having her arms around him. Martha pulled away as she felt a little tingle going up her arm.

She jumped up as she got a sudden fright form her phone ringing. She quickly answered it.

“Hey Dean” she replied, but then realizing she was with Jack, she kind of whish she hadnt said his name

Jack looked away, he had totally forgotten about Dean, he was too caught up in the moment to realize that Martha wasnt single anymore she had a boyfriend. He watched as Martha tried to hurry up the conversation, he knew she was doing it for his sake.

“Okay, bye” she replied as she quickly hanged up the phone. “Sorry about that” she added turning to face Jack.

“Thats fine” Jack forced a smile.

“Uh, well I better go. Im going to go and meet up with him at Noahs” Martha told Jack trying not to act disappointed. “You should come” she told him.

“Nah thats ok, you go” he smiled at her. She smiled back at him before standing up and walking away.

He had to let her go, there was no other choice. If he kept holding onto her nothing would happen. He knew Martha didnt want him back and from the look of things she had already moved on. But for Jack it wasnt that easy. He couldnt just go of with some other girl; he could never love her like he loved Martha. He placed his head in his hands as he rubbed his eyes, why was this all happening.

“Hey” Martha smiled at Dean; she walked up to him and gave him a quick hug.

“Hey” he replied as they sat down. “I hop you dont mind but I invited your friends along as well” he smiled.

“Nah thats fine” she told him, she had now wished Jack was here, she kind of felt bad just leaving him there before, But one think she was glad of was that they had sorted it all out. Maybe this time they could actually be friends.

Next Chapter: Marthas shocked. What has she seen?

Archived