Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally an update, sorry for the wait, it's kind of long-ish

Chapter 37:

“So you and Jack?” Tash teased. “Are you just going to hurry up and get back together” she asked. It was so obvious that the pair were meant to be, they had been flirting the past whole week and Tash just wished they would hurry up and make it official.

“I have no idea, what you are talking about” Martha laughed. “Who’s this Jack guy you speak of?” she laughed before walking. Tash shook her head and laughed with her. “I’ll see you later” Martha added.

She walked further up towards Noah’s, she had a shift in an hour so she figured she would spend her time there until it started, she had gotten bored from sitting home all day.

It had been actually a day since the last time she had seen Jack, it might not have seemed like a long time but to her it was. If anything, she loved spending time with him; she would actually take any chance given to her to be with him. She smiled to herself he really had a huge affect on her.

She looked up and spotted Jack practically running out of Noah’s. He had a drink in one hand and his phone in the other.

“Someone’s in a hurry” Martha said as she approached him, she automatically got a smile in response.

“Yeah well I kind of forgot I had work today” Jack scratched his head. “The boss is going to kill me” he added.

“Oh poor Jacky” Martha teased him.

“You know you could make it all better” Jack said as he placed his drink on the side and stepped closer to her.

“So you’re late for work, but you still find time to annoy me” she grinned up at him.

“I always have time for you” he stepped even closer this time wrapping both hands around her. He watched as Martha slowly met his gaze looking right at him. They were standing so close to each not even realizing where they were. Jack fiddled with the strand of her hair, before putting it behind her ear. She smiled at him, she loved the way he touched her, it always put a smile on her face.

“Jack you better get to work if you’re already late” Martha said finally snapping out of their ‘moment’ and moving away. She saw the disappointed look on Jack’s face; it seemed to appear a lot.

“Is Jack disappointed because he didn’t get a kiss?” Martha asked him, giggling to herself.

“Yeah” Jack replied, looking straight at her.

“Well I would give you one, but your late for work so no time” she laughed trying to get out of it, she knew she was flirting and she shouldn’t be, but she couldn’t help it.

“Oh come on just one kiss” Jack tried to make a deal..

“Nope sorry too late now” she laughed to herself at his disappointed face.

“Well then what about after work” Jack raised his eyebrow at her.

“We’ll have to see” Martha smiled.

“That’s a yes” Jack grinned to himself. “I’ll see you then after” he said as he quickly grabbed his drink and headed of.

“Bye” Martha replied as she smiled at him.

Martha had been sitting at the bar talking with her granddad. Finally after a couple of hours her shift was over, she had decided to stay and keep her granddad company as there was not many customers around, plus Jack was at work and Robbie and Tash were at a family dinner.

“You know you don’t have to hang around” Alf told her as he saw that Martha was off in her own world and it didn’t look like she was interested.

“I know” she smiled at him. “I want to though” she added, before drifting back to her thoughts. It felt great to have Jack back so close to her and if she was to admit it, he had really tried his best to change and from everything he had done it was enough to make to prove to her that he wouldn’t make the same mistake. But then there were other problems.

She jumped as she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She saw the caller ID was Tash. She answered it.

“Hey what’s up?” Martha asked.

“Martha I just came to the hospital” Tash answered back quickly.

“Hospital? What for is everything ok?” Martha asked beginning to worry. She would hate if anything had happened to her best friend.

“I’m fine, it’s Jack though he has been in a car crash” Tash informed her.

“What?” Martha practically yelled at the phone. “I’ll be right there” she added before quickly hanging up not even waiting for Tash to finish or say bye. She had to get there, she need to see that he was alright.

“Is everything ok love?’ Alf asked worried.

“No, not really Jack’s in hospital” she told her Granddad. “He was in a car crash”

“How bad was it?” he asked her.

“I don’t know, but I got to go, will you be alright here?” she said grabbing her keys for the car.

“Yep I’ll be fine” he said as he watched her practically run out of the door. He just hoped Jack was ok.

She had no idea what speed she was going, she was trying to avoid any traffic and get there as fast as she could. So many thoughts were going through her mind, what if Jack was already dead and he hadn’t made it through, what if he had gotten injured badly, what if? There were so many questions unanswered.

She could feel tears beginning to build up, he had to be alright, he just had to.. She needed him, she couldn’t live without him. Without him she didn’t even feel like herself he was the only one that could light up her face every time he spoke.

….and now all that could be taken away from her, she pressed her foot down harder on the accelerator, right now a speeding ticket meant nothing she was more worried about Jack. She tried to brush of her tears, but she couldn’t they kept coming down.

She saw as Tash, Tony, Lucas, Beth and Robbie all sat in the waiting room. She quickly wiped her tears before entering.

“Oh Martha they you are” Tash said approaching her.

“How is he? Is he ok? What happened?” Martha fired as many questions at her.

“Martha relax he is fine” Tash told her.

“Really” Martha’s face burst out in a huge grin.

“You didn’t let me finish on the phone, Jack was in a car crash but he was fine, only a couple of scratches and bruisers” Tash smiled at her.

Martha let out a loud sigh of relief; her heart had stopped beating as fast as she calmed herself down. She then looked up and began approaching Tony.

“Hey, do you mind if I go see him?’ Martha asked Tony.

“Yeah sure love, the nurses just got out from his room so you can go in if you want, I think we’ve annoyed him enough” Tony smiled.

“Thank you” Martha smiled before heading into the room.

She slowly opened the door peeking in and there he was sitting on the bed looking at his bandages. He hadn’t noticed that someone had opened the door as of yet. Martha smiled at him and could feel her previous tears beginning to build up again, she couldn’t help it, she was happy he was safe.

Jack finally looked up and smiled.

“Hey you” Jack said as he watched Martha approach him closer.

But she didn’t reply she just launched herself into Jack’s arms where she felt the safest, this way she could feel it was all real, that he was actually alive and well. She had to see it for herself.

“Are you ok?” Jack said as he tried to look at her face but it was impossible as it was dug into his shoulder.

“I was so scared that something might have happened to you Jack” Martha said through her sobs and she pulled away and looked at him.

“Hey, hey come here” he pulled her back in and pulled her in his lap, holding her close. He could feel the tears on his shoulder but he didn’t really care right now. He kissed the top of her head as he rubbed her back.

They sat there for a couple of minutes in each other’s company, before Martha broke the silence

“What happened” she managed to get out as she looked up at him.

“It was a drunk driver and he hit me from the side, but thankfully he wasn’t going that fast, I think he just lost control of the wheel. I only got a few bruisers and scratches nothing that can’t heal.” he explained to her.

Martha smiled up at him; she reached out to touch his face, which caused him to smile as well. “I’m so glad you’re ok” Martha told him, finally gaining control of her tears and looking into his eyes.

“As if I was going anywhere” he said as he held onto her waist tighter. “I mean, leaving you without getting that kiss you promised” he joked trying to lighten up the mood.

Martha laughed in response as she moved closer towards him and pressed her lips onto his. Jack happily replied as he pushed her into him so that he could get closer. Martha couldn’t control the feeling that came over her, she hadn’t kissed Jack for so long and yet it never disappointed her.

She pulled away smiling at him, he too had a huge grin plastered across his face, obviously he had enjoyed it.

“Better?” Martha asked.

“Much, you know I don’t think these bruisers hurt anymore” he laughed still trying to process what had just happened, it had all come to him as shock, definitely a good shock though.

I'm updating again :blink:

Enjoy

Chapter 38:

An hour later Robbie and Tash had decided to take Lucas and Mattie who came later back home, after all tomorrow was a school night and they needed the sleep. Martha had offered to let them use her car. As she was getting a lift from Beth and Tony who were taking Jack back to his house. She wanted to make sure that Jack got home safe; she didn’t want to go through anything like what had just happened previously.

Now in the car sat Beth and Tony at the front, they were talking to them selves while Jack and Martha were in the back. Jack had his arm around Martha’s waist and they were whispering silently to each other.

“Are you sure you’re ok?’ Martha asked again, sure he had probably been asked that question about 100 times in the last hour, but she wanted to be sure.

“I’m fine, stop worrying” Jack smiled at her as he tightened his grip around her.

“I can’t help it” she grinned up at him as he smiled back.

Finally what had felt to Jack like hours, they had reached his house, he couldn’t just wait to lie down and relax, and this had all drained so much energy from him. He hadn’t really thought about it all, it had only hit him now that the situation could have turned out to be more serious, he might have not even been alive if the guy was speeding. He shook his head he didn’t want to think about that. He was fine and he was alive.

About 50 offers and checkups Tony and Beth had finally decided to leave Jack for the night. They could see they were no use and after the long night Jack needed sleep and so did they.

“Don’t take it to hard ok?’ Tony said walking out the door followed by Beth.

“I want just relax dad” he told him comfortably.

“We’ll see you tomorrow” Beth waved as her Tony left. Jack replied with a simple smile.

Martha who sat on the opposite side of the couch took a glance over Jack. She didn’t want to leave him right now, but she knew she had to it had been a long day and there was always tomorrow.

“Why are you all the way over there” Jack said as he lied down on the couch, allowing some room for Martha next to him “Come here” he added indicating the spot next to him.

Although hesitant, she moved forward until she reached him. She placed her head near his and turned around to face him, he reached out for her waist pulling her closer. Ever since they had shared the kiss, Jack was confused as to what was going on, but despite all the unanswered questions he couldn’t keep his hands to himself, he needed her.

“You seem quiet” Jack pointed out as they were facing each other lying so close together.

“Yeah, I guess I’m just still thinking about this all” Martha told him honestly.

“You and me both” Jack replied. “I didn’t even realize that this could have been so much worse” he explained.

“Yeah” Martha displayed a sad smile as she looked away from him.

“But….”he began lifting up her face so that she was looking at him. “I’m okay and everything’s fine so we don’t have to worry about that” he finished off trying to cheer her up.

“I’m glad” she told him smiling at him. “Anyway I better get going and let you get some sleep, it’s been a long day” she told him, she didn’t want to leave, but it was for the best. If she didn’t go now she didn’t think she could ever drag herself away from his arms.

Even though she had said it she made no movement, Jack didn’t let her go, he held onto her firmly making sure she didn’t move. Even though he could just close his eyes right now he didn’t want to, he just wanted to stay here with her. “You don’t have to go” Jack told her finally.

“I do, it’s late and you’re tired” she told him in response as she moved away

“But, I don’t want you to go” he smiled at her as he pulled her back in.

“Jack” she whined, he was making this harder for her.

“Come on you have to be nice to me at least for one day, I’m sore and hurting” he put on a sad face hoping it would work.

Martha let out a loud sigh, before finally giving up. “Fine, only though because you got hurt and I feel sorry for you” she smirked at him.

“Sure, sure” Jack smiled back at her. “Now come on, let’s go to sleep” he added, finally standing up from the couch and grabbing onto her hand, pulling her up and dragging her away into the bedroom.

They both lay there in silence not saying a word, it had been a while since she had shared a bed with Jack and it had also been a while since she was actually this close to him. It certainly felt good though even though they weren’t together, being so close to him brought up old memories of what it was like, she definitely liked it.

“So since your being nice to me, maybe…” Jack began moving closer, but was stopped form Martha.

“No don’t even think about it” she smiled at him, knowing exactly what he meant.

“Oh, how did you know” Jack laughed to himself, she read him like a book. She rolled her eyes at his comment.

Jack continued to move forward until he reached her and pulled her into him, he couldn’t stand lying there in the same bed as him and her not being in his arms, he had to have her.

Martha looked down at Jack who displaying a sad smile, she knew that look too well.

“Jack it’s not going to work” Martha told him.

“What I didn’t say anything?’ Jack laughed, pretending not to know what was going on.

“Just go to sleep” Martha told him as she touched his cheek, causing him to close his eyes. Failing to get an answer from Jack she leaned forward pressing her lips against his cheek, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek, before looking back at him.

“Oh see you do want me Martha” Jack opened his eyes smiling back at her. Martha moved away looking at him.

“So here I am trying to be nice to you and you’re still not stopping with your comments” Martha tried to look offended. “Last time I’m being nice” she joked before looking away and turning around, facing her back towards Jack.

“Martha, come back here” he replied moving closer to her and wrapping his hand around her. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek then kissing her neck slowly.

“Jack stop it” Martha turned around trying to be serious, but she couldn’t help but let out a small giggle.

Martha used her hands to move his face away from hers so that she could look at him, before pushing it back in so that she could give him a kiss on the lips. This one however lasted longer then the last one they had shared. Jack wrapped his arm around her whole body, getting completely lost in the moment. Martha had felt the same, she was finding it hard to pull away from, she didn’t want to.

“I think we should really go to sleep now” Martha whispered into his lips. He gave her one final kiss on the lips before pulling her close to him as she snuggled close to him; not knowing how long this moment would last and how long before reality came along.

Both of them lay together snuggled up as close as possible, they knew they had to both face the next morning where things would be different.

Wup Wup!

You updated again!

Keep'um coming :P

Great chapter, it was so sweet, I didnt want it to end :( lol

Im not liking the last line though <_<

Please dont let anything be different. I just want them to be happy and together :) is that too much to ask for :( *cries*

Please update soon!

Archived