All That You Can't Leave Behind

Guest Adia

Lol, Jack is quite hot when he's drunk... More drunk Jack in this...

ChapterFourtyTwo:

Rocco walked Matilda back to her house, he hadn’t let go of her hand since that afternoon at the wharf. It was dark now and he didn’t want her walking home alone.

“Today was really great Rocco” she said smiling happily. “This whole thing has just been so amazing.”

Rocco smiled back at her. “You’re the amazing one.”

Before they got to the front door they stopped, and Matilda planted a gentle kiss on Rocco’s lips.

The door flung open and Beth stood there absolutely livid. “Where the hell have you been?”

Jack stumbled through his front door. Martha saw how much trouble he was having and quickly ran over to help him.

“Jack where have you been?” she asked.

“I had a few drinks down at the surf club.” He slurred. “Oh by the way Martha, did I tell you...?” He shook his finger at her while he tried to think of the words.

“Jack! What is it?”” Martha said. “Look, sit down and I’ll get you a coffee.”

He slumped down on the couch while she rummaged around in the kitchen.

“Here, drink this,” she said holding the cup to his mouth. “Now tell me, what’s happened?”

He came right out and said it. “McGrath suspended me today. Until further notice. Things were going so well Martha…”

“Aww, Jack” she said sympathetically. “Look it’s not the end of the world… why did he suspend you.”

“I was questioning Johnny Cooper and I sort of had a go at him.”

“What do you mean by sort of?”

“Well it was enough to get me suspended…” he rolled his eyes and sighed. “The guy is such a jerk, its not like he didn’t deserve it.” He didn’t tell her the full story about what had happened. He didn’t want to worry her.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do… I must be on my ten millionth zillionth warning,” he sobbed. “I could lose my job over this. Then what am I going to do. What are WE going to do?” He leant on her shoulder and she wrapped her arms around him.

“I saw them tonight, down by the boat sheds… they’re all up to something and now I can’t do anything to stop them.”

“Jack, you could look at the bright side of all of this?”

“Martha, how could there be a bright side to this?”

“Well, now that you’re not working, we can finally spend some together…” she smiled mischievously before kissing his forehead.

A plan started to formulate in Jack’s head. “Yeah,” he nodded. He put his arms around his her and kissed her softly. “How about this? I take you on romantic getaway, just the two of us? I think taking a break from the bay would be good… for both of us. We can spend some quality time together.”

“Jack, of course I wouldn’t object to a romantic getaway with you. But are you sure?” Martha asked him.

“Of course I am. I’m allowed to take my wife away for a few days aren’t I? I mean if you’re not interested I could always ask my other wife…”

She laughed. “Don’t you dare! You told me yourself, I’m the best wife you ever had!”

“It’s settled then, how about we leave tomorrow?”

She kissed him back. “Yes, Jack!” she said excitedly. “Yes, yes yes!”

“Well Matilda? Are you going to say something?” Beth said angrily.

“Why, would you even listen?” Matilda snapped at her.

Rocco looked at her. “Listen I better get going.” He let go of her hand reluctantly. “I’ll see you at school maybe?” He gave Beth a quick glance, but didn’t dare to look directly in her eyes. He was scared she might turn him to stone.

Matilda nodded at looked at Beth. “What is your problem?” she asked her.

“Matilda, it’s very late, you never called to say where you were and Tony and I have been really worried.”

Matilda walked past her and stomped through the living room, where Tony and Lucas were sitting on the couch. The two Holden men sat silently knowing that it would be a bad idea to interfere.

‘What are you doing with him anyway?” Beth yelled at her.

“I happen to like Rocco, and he likes me. I spent the day with him.”

“Matilda, you cannot see that boy again.” Beth warned her. “He is dangerous and he’s a criminal. What’s gotten into you lately? First you were hanging out with Nina and now Rocco. These people are bad!”

“You don’t know them like I know them.” Matilda yelled. “They are actually really nice people if you gave them a chance. And you can’t stop me from seeing him. You can do whatever you have to, but I’ll find a way.” Matilda ran to her room and slammed the door. Beth stood in the middle of the living room in shock over the fact Matilda had yelled at her like that. Tony and Lucas didn’t say a word as Beth rushed to Matilda’s door. It was locked.

“Matilda” she said banging on the door. “You have to talk to me.” There was complete silence. Deep down Beth knew that she had only made things worse.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm soooo GLAD that Rocco and Matilda are together!!! Gosh Beth is always trying to ruin Matilda's relationships in the show and here I always get the feeling that she was jealous or something!!!

Rocco and Nina to me seem like they are good and are trying to make a go of things and get their lives back on track and stupid Beth wont given any of them a chance!!!

Great Great Great Chapter!!!

I totally CANNOT WAIT till your NEXT installment you sure know how to keep me hanging!!!

Great Work I totally wish there were more stories like this one!!!

:D Thanks guys! LOVE your feedback!!

I thought the romantic getaway would be a perfect set up for the J&M fluff. Now i just have to try and figure out how to write good fluff so i don't let you down!

Here's the next chapter. I forgot what i originally wanted to write, so i just wrote this as a kind of 'filler'.

ChapterFourtyThree:

Nina sat alone in her bedroom. Jake had already left for the city.

On the one hand she was glad that he was gone and off her case for awhile. But on the other hand, she wondered how she would cope without him. She knew she was strong person, she could fight off anyone, the only problem she had was fighting Johnny.

She couldn’t sleep. She had spent the whole night thinking about him. This could not happen to her, not again.

There was a knock at the front door. She looked over at her alarm clock. It was 2.00am. She opened her bedside drawer and pulled out her gun. As she walked down the hallway to the front door, she could see the figure standing outside and she knew immediately who it was.

She searched around for a place to hide the gun and finally put it in one of the jackets that were hanging up by the door.

She took a deep breath before she opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him. “Are you crazy? It’s two in the morning.”

“I came to see how you were,” said Johnny. “Especially now that big brother has left you all alone.”

She frowned at him. “I’m fine. Now you can go and leave me alone.”

“Aren’t you even going to invite me in?” he asked.

“Why would I do that?”

“Well it would be friendly, I’m getting a little cold out here.”

“So go home.” She snapped at him.

He walked towards her, but she backed away from him.

“I told you to leave, so leave,” she said coldly.

“Look we need to talk about what happened…”

“First of all, two in the morning is not the time to talk, and secondly nothing even happened.…”

Johnny laughed. “Hang on, you kissed me. And now you’re saying nothing happened?”

She was anxiously fidgeting with her hands. “As I recall, YOU kissed me, don’t you get the hint? I’m not interested.”

He came in and shut the door behind him. “You keep saying that, but is that how you really feel?” He walked towards her and cornered her up against the wall. He put his hands on her waist and leaned in so close to her that she could feel the whiskers from his beard brush her face.

She gulped and clenched her jaw. “I don’t feel anything” she whispered to him.

He shook his head. “I don’t believe you.”

He held on to her tightly and she found herself putting her arms around his shoulders. There was just something about him that was so incredibly… charming. She desperately wanted to be with him, but she knew it was a bad idea. When her head finally snapped back into reality she pushed him away.

“Oh come on, things were going so well…” Johnny protested.

“Who are you?” she asked him. “Whatever is going on here, it’s not you. You’re not like this.”

“You’re right,” he frowned. “It’s not me. But I’m the sort of guy that acts on his feelings. I know that you want this as much as I do”

“Get over yourself,” she told him.

He smiled and tried to grab her again but she quickly backed away.

“What’s your problem?” he asked her. ‘One minute you’re leading me on, the next minute…”

“Look I told you I’m not interested.” She snapped. “get that through your thick head.”

Johnny laughed. “Don’t play these games…” He tried to put his arms around her but she pushed him off and punched him in the face.

He stood back in shock. He wiped the blood away from the side of his mouth and laughed.

“You are feisty aren’t you?” he said sarcastically. “I tell you what, I like that in a girl.”

“Get lost,” she said opening the door.

He licked the rest of the blood on his mouth with his tongue. As he walked out the door he turned and faced her.

“You’re strong, but you won’t hold out for much longer,” he told her. “I tried to… I really did. I couldn’t fight and neither can you. Eventually, you’ll come running.”

He laughed as he walked out the door. “Maybe I’ll see you around then?” he sniggered.

She didn’t say anything, she just slammed the door in his face.

^Thankies :) Sorry to confuzzle you Sian. Will warn you when J&M come up...

ChapterFourtyFour:

Beth and Tony and Lucas sat at the kitchen table in silence. It had been that way since Matilda’s outburst at Beth the night before.

Matilda finally came out from her room and she headed straight for the front door.

“Where do you think you’re going young lady?” Beth asked her.

“I’m going to school if that’s alright with you.” She snapped. “That’s still allowed isn’t it? Or would you rather I stay here so you can keep an eye on me 24/7?”

Beth screwed up her face. “Matilda, don’t you dare talk to me like that! I am your mother and I deserve a bit of respect. Now you will sit down and have breakfast with us, before I drop you off at school.”

Matilda shook her head. “No mum, no.” she said. “You can’t tell me what to do anymore. It’s my life. Besides I’m meeting Rocco before school.”

“Oh no you’re not!” Beth yelled at her, but it was too late. Matilda had already run out and slammed the door behind her. Beth stood there gritting her teeth.

Lucas quickly stood up and grabbed a piece of toast. ‘I’ll see if I can catch up with her.” He said rushing out.

Matilda walked up the sand and made her way down the beach. She saw him standing alone, his bag slung over his shoulder. He looked so cool…

“Hey, you made it.” Rocco said smiling at her.

“I didn’t think I would. Mum went totally ballistic.” She hugged him and he kissed her.

“I hope I’m not causing any trouble between you and your family…” he said worriedly. “I know I’m not exactly perfect…”

“People like my mum can think what they like,” she told him. “But they can’t tell me what to feel, and right now… being with you… I haven’t been happy like this in a long time.”

He grinned. “Neither have I,” he said softly.

Ric was sitting in the diner with Alf and Sally when Lucas rushed in. “Hey guys” Lucas greeted. ‘You haven’t seen Maddie this morning by any chance?”

They all shook their heads. ‘Is everything alright?” Sally asked.

“Well, I’m not really sure,” said Lucas. “It’s just Maddie had this huge fight with Beth last night and then they had another this morning. I just wanted to see if she was okay.”

“What were they fighting about?” asked Alf.

Lucas bit his lip. He was a little uncomfortable explaining other people’s business.

“I tried not to listen,” he said. ‘But they were having a fight about Rocco…”

“Rocco?” Ric said puzzled. “What’s he got to do with it?”

“Well…” Lucas said hesitating. “It turns out, Matilda and Rocco are ‘together”.

Ric frowned. “When did that happen?”

“Yesterday apparently. Beth caught him kissing her last night outside our door. Look I better go and see if I can find her. Things were pretty heated this morning.” As Lucas left, Ric stared sadly at his breakfast. He didn't know how to react to that. The only thing going through his mind was the thought of them together. He was devastated.

Right when reading that I thought I was going insane lmao!

I realised I missed a chap and read that then I was like I'm sure I commented but I realised I hadn't read it lol its a really long story but I did think I had fonaly lost it so right let me comment now:

Jack- can push me up a wall any day :P Lol

Martha - Aww shes a lucky B*tch!

Johnny - pfft.

More soon please.

Sian is o longer confused but I bet you are :P

Archived