All That You Can't Leave Behind

Guest Adia

OK so I just read all 39 CHAPTERS today and I AM TOTALLY HOOKED!!!!

That was sooooo totally great omg I love it... I really like Rocco and Matilda and I sort of find the idea of Johnny and Nina really intreging!!!

I tell you reading this I can just totally picture it happening in my mind it totally plays out as a true Home and Away scene!!!

It is great and I can't wait for your next update!!!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm really happy you all are enjoying the story. Its really good to hear all of your opinions and feedback!

Yes, Jacky boy :wub:

Rocco and Maddie kissed :o Poor Ric :( But like you said, Rocco would be good with Maddie :P Isnt Nina like underage, so she cant have a relationship with Johnny, and what will Jake have to say about that. And is McGrath, or is it Harper, I think its Harper, it sounds like a father figure to Nina and Jake,the way he stands up for them, is he like related to the two of them in some way????

Whens the next update??

jack4martha you are so observant! :D You almost took all of the words right out of my mouth!

Will update soon, someone else needed to use the computer yesterday so i'll just put the finishing touches to the jack chapter...

ChapterFourty:

Johnny kicked himself. He wasn’t expecting to be rejected like that. As he watched her run from him, the taste of their last kiss lingered on his lips. He walked up past the boat sheds and tried to find the rest of his mates. As it happened, the only people up there were Jack and Lara.

“I thought I smelt something” Johnny muttered as he walked past Jack.

“Mr Cooper, we’d like to ask you a few questions” Jack said trying to get his attention.

Johnny stopped and turned around. “Ask away then,” he smiled.

“We’d actually like to take you down to the station,” said Jack.

“ooh, the station. This must be serious.” Johnny laughed which annoyed Jack a lot.

“Listen,” Jack said angrily. “Mr Cooper, you’re coming down to station with us… NOW”.

As Jack was about to go into the interview room, McGrath took him aside. “A lot is counting on this Jack,” he said. “if you don’t get anything out of Johnny Cooper then this whole thing will be a dead end.”

“I’ll do my best sir,” said Jack.

“How long is this going to take” Johnny asked him.

“As long as it has to,” Jack told him.

Johnny looked at his watch. “Yeah well make it quick… I’ve got a hot date tonight.”

Jack rolled his eyes. “What were you doing last night between 7.30pm and 10pm?”

“That’s a little personal Constable Jack,” said Johnny.

“Just answer the question.”

“I was out driving for a while. Then I went back home.”

“Were you with anyone else?”

“Yeah I was actually, a couple of mates.”

Jack passed a pad and a pencil across the table. “Write down their names.”

Johnny scribbled something quickly. “Can I go now?” he said passing the pad back.

“No, there’s still a few things that we need to clear up,” said Jack.

“Like?”

“The diner robbery. Did you have anything to do with that?”

“Do you have any evidence” Johnny smirked.

“As a matter of fact we do…” Jack lied.

Johnny laughed at him. “You’ve got nothing… I know that for a fact.”

Jack was getting angry, Johnny was messing with him, but he tried his best to keep his cool.

“I suppose you have an alibi for that too…” Jack asked him.

“Maybe I do, but I don’t want to get her involved in this…” he sniggered.

“Just tell me her name so we can verify it.”

“I can’t really remember he name mate.” He smiled menacingly. “It was one of those kind of nights. I think her name was…Martha?”

He smiled and waited for Jack’s reaction. At first Jack did nothing, he knew that it wasn’t true and that Johnny was trying to stir him up, but when Johnny smiled, he completely lost it. Jack pushed over the table and lunged at him. He grabbed him and shoved him up against the wall holding on to his collar.

“What’s the matter” Johnny whispered. “Did I say something to upset you?”

Jack clenched his jaw and was ready to punch Johnny.

“You can’t do it,” Johnny spat. “You’re soft.”

McGrath and Harper ran in to see what the commotion was about. As much as Jack struggled Harper managed to pull him away.

McGrath stood in between them. “What the hell is going on in here?” he yelled.

Johnny brushed himself off. “I don’t know, one minute he was asking me questions, the next he attacks me. I think I’d call that police brutality.”

McGrath rolled his eyes. “Ken, get this guy out of here. I need to have a word with Jack.”

Harper led Johnny out. As Johnny passed Jack he grinned. “Actually it’s all coming back to me. Her name wasn’t Martha after all… I must have been confused.”

Before Jack could even do anything Harper had taken Johnny outside, and McGrath stood in front of him looking angry.

“Jack I told you not to mess it up,” he said sternly. “He could lay charges you know. Not to mention the fact that we’ve got no leads on any of our cases. Pull your head in Jack! I don’t care what he did, you’re supposed to be the professional here…”

Jack sighed. “I’m sorry…” he said.

“Sorry’s not going to cut it Jack. I’m suspending you until further notice.”

^lol. Awww, I'm working on Jack and Martha fluff... now that he's suspended they have more time together!

Here's the next one i just typed it out then...

ChapterFourtyOne:

Jack was complete mess. He sat at the bar drowning his sorrows.

Lara came in with some of her friends. “Jack,” she said putting her hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry, maybe if I’d been in there with you…”

“It’s not your fault Lara,” Jack said. “I was stupid to let Johnny get to me like that.”

“Look you better head off” Lara told him. “Don’t get drunk over this, that shouldn’t be the way that you deal with it. Go home, talk to Martha and clear your head. She’ll be worried.”

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks Fitzy.”

Johnny opened the door of his car.

“You want me to come with you mate?” Karl asked him.

“No, I’ll deal with this on my own,” he said getting out. “Just stay here and keep a look out.”

He walked over to the boats where Jake and Nina were standing.

“I heard you got taken in for questioning by the coppers today” Jake said.

Johnny looked at Nina who gave him a quick glance before turning away. She was practically hiding behind Jake. “Yeah it was nothing. I dealt with it. Have you got the gear?”

Jake handed him a brown paper bag. “There’s about $5000 worth in there. The cash flow should help. You’re lucky my sister is good at chemistry.”

Johnny looked through the bag. “Chemistry… yeah… well she’s certainly good at hiding it.”

She tried not to look at him but she couldn’t help it. She melted as their eyes connected.

“Right, once I’ve got the cash and the rest of the stuff we need, I’ll fill you in on the next job.” Johnny smiled at her while he talked to Jake. “I have a feeling that you’re going to like it.”

“Well with all this suspense…” Jake muttered.

Johnny held out his hand. “Let’s not fight anymore darling…” he laughed. “I need you.”

Jake laughed. “Alright mate” he said shaking Johnny’s hand. “Look, I’ve got another job over the next couple of days so I’ll be out of town. But we can catch up when I get back. You should’ve gotten rid of that by then.”

“No worries” said Johnny. “See you in a few days.” Before he walked off, he took a last look at Nina… which Jake was very suspicious about.

When Johnny had finally driven off Jake confronted her.

“Is everything okay with you?” he asked her.

“Yeah, good…”

“It’s just you didn’t say much that’s all.”

“Well I had nothing to say?”

Jake shook his head. “Has something happened between the two of you?”

“What?” she exclaimed. “What makes you think that?”

Jake rubbed his head and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “I’m not stupid kiddo, I can see those secret looks you keep giving each other. I thought I warned you about him.”

“Nothing happened. Okay? There’s nothing going on. Get it out of your head.”

Jack watched them as they left. He had seen the whole thing. He finally had something on Johnny, Nina and Jake and he was definitely going to find out the rest of their story.

Archived