Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

I'm not surprised, either, about the actual raise, just that it's taken this long for it to happen! The books have become more and more popular as the series has continued, and this price rise has only just happened. :blink:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it's Regulus Black. Because we never got any good explanation for why he did. They said that Voldemort killed him, but why would he do that if Regulus was on his side? Plus, in the Norwegian book the initials at the end of the letter is R.A.S, and in the Norwegian books Regulus' name is Regulus Svaart.

I always wondered how translators got around that point. We don't know for sure who R.A.B. is, and if it is true that it's Regulus Black, then the translators wouldn't necessarily know this and if names are changed, then things get messed up. Does that make sense? Probably not. I dunno, it just seems a bit too obvious for J.K. Rowling.

The two other possible titles for book 7 were apparently:

-Heart of Ravenclaw

-Deadly Veil

Although these might of been used incase of a press leak nameing it "deathly hallows"

I don't think these were actual names for the books. In the FAQ section on the official site, a fan asks what the alternative titles were and J.K. declines to answer...

I've booked the weekend off work when the 7th book's released, so that I can lock myself away and refuse to anwer the phone or the door or use the internet until I've read it all. I will not have this spoiled for me. :P

^^ Lol, Liz! :P

I have a problem, though - the book comes out on the Saturday and that's the day I'm going away with my best friend for the week. It was totally unintentional. I mean, I can probably pick a copy of the book up before we go, but it'll just be having the time to read it so that I don't get spoiled by anyone else that's gonna be the problem. We won't have the internet and neither of us will've read it, but it's just in case anything crazy happens - like it makes the news, or something. :unsure:

And then, just to complicate things further - we get back the following Saturday and then we're going straight to Wales for two weeks on a camp thing; so I'm not really gonna have chance to read it for at least two weeks. And then by then I'll probably have had it spoiled for me, anyway. :( Sucks. :( I mean, I'm so excited about going away - but this book, it's the final one. :(

it's just in case anything crazy happens - like it makes the news, or something. :unsure:

Oh that would SUCK! I really hope they're more considerate than that, because I'm slow reader and there's NO way I'll have it finished by the time a kill-joy journalist could read it :(

I've booked the weekend off work when the 7th book's released, so that I can lock myself away and refuse to anwer the phone or the door or use the internet until I've read it all. I will not have this spoiled for me. :P

I've booked a week off! (I'm a very slow reader!]) lol I'm also going to Waterstones when it opens at Midnight so i can start reading it asap! Everyones calling me sad, but i don't care!

65 Days to go.... :)

Archived