Christmas!

Guest ~Rosey~

I think that's what it is (Which would make sense, since we are exactly the same age!. I should have sensed it when my parents asked what I wanted for Christmas and I failed to come up with even one suggestion. On top of that, I've been buying gifts for the whole family, which can be stressful. Blah. I should try sticking Christmas songs on and see if it helps. Or else, I fear I'm a lost cause this year.

Yeah, we're like... non-related twins :P My parents didn't bother asking me what I wanted for Christmas. My Mum tossed me over a credit card and said "Nothing over 100 euro" and then left me to myself. So maybe that's a factor :P Another thing is we don't have a Christmas tree in the bigger house yet. But my sister is practically wearing a Santa hat, and I share a room with her and she watches Christmas Movies every night (except when Hannah Montana is on...) so I don't know WHAT THE HELL is up with me this year :P

Hmm, maybe I should talk about presents to lighten my mood.

I bought

My sister Jade - High School Musical 3 Soundtrack, HSM2 on DVD, Hannah Montana Calendar. She's not grown out of this crap yet and she's 14. :rolleyes:

My brothers Rob and Jase - They're big computer freaks so I got them some random crap and a new graphics card because I'm generous.

My other sister Leisha - Season One of Lost because she's now obsessed with it and Season Two of Heroes also for my benefit.

My other, and last sister Anna/Kerrie or whatever she calls herself these days - A digital photo frame. I've spent heaps on her wedding present already so yeah, she gets the cheapest present, plus some fancy chocolate things. I'm not bothering to get her fiancee a separate gift so the DPF is for both of em.

My Mum - Chocolate, Shampoo stuff and I'll throw in a voucher for somewhere in a card. I have no idea what she wants except for me to do something productive at college rather than wasting my time with a part time course in English Lit and a 'probably totally useless' course in Advanced Physics.

My Dad - An Ipod touch. Yeah, way expensive stuff, I know. He wanted one and me and Leisha split the price. 120-odd euro each, which isn't that bad. He did get me an Ipod Video Nano last year ON TOP of a Wii and a hella load of games. And I have a 50 euro voucher for HMV for him too.

Louise (Best Friend) - After successfully hinting/begging, she managed to get me to buy her a million CDs it seems. Coldplay, Take That, The last three Now CDs, and a few more ones I cant remember. I also got her a Chelsea Fan Teddy bear and a ticket to the Twilight convention which we're going to in February.

Jane (Best Friend) - Also a ticket to TwiCon, a load of DVDs. Liverpool supporters teddy :P

I still have to get Jess, Anna, Laura, Sara, Esmee and a few other people some stuff along with the girls at work. This Christmas is expensive, guys.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Kat. This Chrimbo is expensive! -_-

Sister - €70 HMV voucher. She requested one, but she didn't want that much... But I couldn't resist. :P

Mum - Very fancy Lancome stuff from Brown Thomas.

Dad - NINE World Music CDs. He's a World Music nut - the more bizarre, the better, he says.

Aunt and Uncle 1 - BIG box of Orla Keily Chocolates. (I never know what to get them!)

Aunt and Uncle 2 - Two seperate boxes of Butlers Chocolates. (" " " " " " ")

Aunt and Uncle 3 - Stuff for their apartment

Cousin and Fiancée - ?????????? :(

Cousin and Husband - ???????!!!??!?!

Gran and Grandad - ?!?!??!!?!??!???!??!?!?!?

Italics - Haven't purchased these yet...

As you've already guessed... My family (and extended family) is tiny. And myself and my friends don't do presents. :P

Oh my gosh, how do you all manage to get so many presents for people without getting OTT stressed? It's not too bad when people give me ideas of what they want, which most of them have done this year, but when you have no clue what to buy and you just guess, it's stressful. Like Cal though, my friends and I also don't do presents. Normally, we don't see each other that much around Christmas and this Friday, we're all getting together for a big girly catch up which, had we planned a few months ago, I would have bought them a Christmas present each but because we left the suggestion of it until last minute, it'd mean doing last minute shopping, which I hate. Hopefull the catch up will be enough :P

My Dad is pretty simple, normally he just wants a DVD, which is what he's gone for this year. As has my Mum. My family have pretty much got all the usual stuff (DVD's, CD's kind of thing). Plus, because I am truly awful at shopping, on line or in store, I generally have my Mm around to help me. lmao. :lol:

I don't feel Christmassy either. And can't believe it's only 1 week till Xmas eve! :o My mum and dad both asked me what I want for Christmas and I couldn't come up with one idea. I haven't even started my Xmas shopping yet!

What I'm going to buy:

Sister: DVD, earrings

Brother: Computer game

Sister: A pink tutu (shes only 9 and she really wants one so thats what I'm going to buy :lol: )

Mum: No idea!

Dad: No idea!

Best friend: Hollyoaks Hunks Calender

As you've already guessed... My family (and extended family) is tiny. And myself and my friends don't do presents. :P

You call that tiny? I call that huge! My family consists of me, my parents, one uncle and one grandfather. That's it. :( I know it's expensive getting presents for big families, but you guys should feel lucky that you at least have people to buy for!

You call that tiny? I call that huge! My family consists of me, my parents, one uncle and one grandfather. That's it. :( I know it's expensive getting presents for big families, but you guys should feel lucky that you at least have people to buy for!

Aw, Claire! :(

It's small for Ireland, though. Most Irish families are absolutely huge.

What I've got people:

The boyfriend: Family Guy Season 7 DVD and this crazy crystal Family Guy light thing I found on eBay. I hope he likes it... :P

Mum: 2009 Diary and two framed enlargements of photos I took from around our property.

Sister: 27 Dresses DVD and a book I can't remember the name of...

Grandpa: This set of all these different types of jams...he loves his jams!

Mum's boyfriend: A hamper. lol. What else am I supposed to get him?

Sister's boyfriend: I put in some money for a shirt he liked.

Boyfriend's parents: Me and him and his brother are all putting in money for an outdoor table and chairs set, but we haven't got it yet cos they have to decide which one they want and they wont. :P

Boyfriend's brother: A conjoined present- a WoW free two month gift card.

Boyfriend's brother's girlfriend: Stuff from The Body Shop. Again a conjoined present.

I think that about covers it! :P I'm so happy it's all done...I would hate to have to go to the shops in the few days before Christmas...it was bad enough last Sunday!

Im not the in the christmas mood yet either.

Not even put me decorations up.

Fiance - Some t-shirts and a new jacket

Sister - MP4 player

Brother - Wii fit (me and my sis got it for him)

Brothers girlfriend - purfume

Mother - Microwave (already had it)

Cousin 1 - Towel character, money in card

Cousin 2 - Same as couins 1

Not giving to my adult cousins otherwise Id be broke plus its for the kids really.

Fiance brother has had a game her wanted

Mother in law (to be)Hair straighteners

Dad in law (to be) Some car gadget thing

Fiance cousin and wife - pillow with their new babies picture on it

Cousins daughter - A toy from my daughter and an outfit from me and the fiance

Fiance cousin 2 - Money in card (shes only 14)

Now thats a lot of presents. Luckily I dont buy them all. I buy my family's and he buys his.

Aw, Claire! :(

It's small for Ireland, though. Most Irish families are absolutely huge.

I am living proof of that... although we're actually Australian... so... ah, confusing :P

Archived