A Forgotten Danger

Guest -Annie-

:o Who is this idiot that's got Martha?! I hope Jack finds her. He'll be crushed if anything happens.

Although, on a lighter note, when you were describing the man, I kept picturing the man from 'Breaking the Magicians Code' (Is this on in Australia) and it cracked me up. But, seriously, great fic. Can't wat for the next update!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the lovely comments. :) Here's the next chapter! Now please give me any honest criticism or praise! :D Also, a massive thank you to jackandmartha!!! for proofing, sorry that I haven't been mentioning you before! :)

Chapter Four

Tasha lay on her bed, engrossed in the book she was reading. Just as James was about to lock lips with Sandra inside her book, Tasha was interrupted by a childish giggle. She looked down to see Ella, smiling up at her, arms open wide, asking for a hug. A feeling of pure love swept over Tasha’s body as she picked up her beautiful child.

Tasha’s eyes glanced over at the bedside table. They quickly linked at the picture of Martha and Tasha, standing with their arms wrapped around each other, smiling at the camera. Remembering that happy day, Tasha smiled. Gently plaiting the golden locks of Ella’s hair, Tasha’s mind began to wander…Martha.

‘Where is she? What has she done?’ thought Tasha. Call it luck or a best friend’s instinct, but whatever it was, Tasha knew that something was not right.

And then, it hit her. The one way to tell if Martha had really left Jack. Surprised by her own intelligence, Tasha gently picked up Ella from the bed, and padded down the stairs, heading to Jack and Martha’s house.

A piercing pain struck Martha’s head as she awoke from her slumber. Her head was throbbing, her eyesight was blurry and every part of her body ached. Gently sitting herself up, Martha peered around at her surroundings.

‘Dammit,’ thought Martha, ‘Where the hell am I?’

Despite the unwelcoming appearance, Martha could sense she was lying in a bedroom. For one, she was lying on a bed and she could see a wardrobe in front of her. A stinking stench filled the air, much like the scent of Jack’s sweaty socks.

‘Oh gosh…Jack!’ thought Martha, ‘Is he going to find me?’

A feeling of pure hopelessness and fear swept over Martha’s body. She racked her brain thinking of a way to save herself, but deep down she knew she could do nothing until her attacker returned. She needed to know who the hell had kidnapped her, and what they were doing.

The hours ticked pass, and Martha’s headache had worsened, and she was just starting to feel hungry.

‘Boy, I would kill for a donut right now,’ thought Martha. Frankly, she would kill to be anywhere else but here.

Tasha raised her hand to the door and gave two quick knocks. When no one answered, Tasha opened it and walked in. A piercing prick struck her leg as Tasha looked down to the floor. She had trodden on a piece of broken glass. Tasha gave a little gasp as she stared at the room. Someone had not been happy. There were over 10 empty beer bottles sitting on the table, and the television had been turned up to full blast. Scattered scraps off food and clothing lay all over the room. With a sad sigh, Tasha proceeded into the bedroom.

Crouching down, Tasha stuck her head under Jack and Martha’s bed. She ran her hands underneath the springs and along the floor, hoping for that one piece of evidence that would reveal the truth. At last she fingered the little china box. Tasha’s mind flashed back to 3 weeks ago…

Lying on the beach, dressed in only their bikinis, Tasha and Martha had happily chatted to each other. The topic of their discussion had been Martha’s childhood. As Martha peered out towards the rolling waves, she spoke with a sigh,

‘You know Tash, sometimes I really miss my Mum. Not Roo, but Jane, my adoptive Mum. There are so many things that we never got to do together.”

“But you’ve still got heaps of memories, right?” began Tasha, “I mean, like photos and possessions and stuff?”

Martha smiled, “Yeah, I’ve got all that. But there is one thing that I would never abandon.”

“What’s that?” asked Tasha curiously.

“The letter,” stated Martha. At the sight of Tasha’s puzzled face, Martha continued,

“Before the accident, Mum wrote a letter, to be given to me on my 18th birthday, in case something happened to her. I’ve never told anyone about it, but it’s my most treasured possession. It just sits in a little china box under my bed. Whenever I miss her, I just take a read and I always feel better. I can’t imagine not having it!”

Tasha smiled and gently stroked Martha’s back, happy to enjoy a tender moment with her best friend.

Gently bringing the china box out, Tasha opened the lid. She let out a worried sigh as she looked done upon the yellowish letter.

‘Martha hasn’t left,’ thought Tasha. ‘Something is not right.’

Great update.

Gosh, Tasha is a smart cookie. Too bad Jack isn't that smart.

:lol:

Annie, I want to write you a long, rambling fic about just how great that chapter was - but I can't. I'm sorry, it just won't work!! *hits head*

:(

It was great though. *thumbs up* More soon!

Archived