• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is:

AA

A*

etc?

Is AA like A+?

We have the option of either single, double or triple science (relating to how many GCSEs we gain from the sciences. AA just means two separate As.

A* is the highest grade possible.

I was also wondering...we did OCR Geography and nobody in my class of 15 got above a B...I was wondering what other people think as I was predicted an A*, I was told my coursework was excellent and worked pretty hard IMO, and got a B. I'm thinking about sending my paper back to be remarked. :unsure:

If you feel it should be remarked, send it back. You should just bear in mind that as well as putting your grades up or keeping them the same, they could also decide that they marked your paper too high. I am not saying that this would happen in your situation, but it's a possibility. If you genuinely feel like you should have gotten better marks, and nobody in your class got above a B, but were predicted higher, maybe talk to your teacher and see what they think.

A 'B' is still an excellent mark! xx

If you feel it should be remarked, send it back. You should just bear in mind that as well as putting your grades up or keeping them the same, they could also decide that they marked your paper too high. I am not saying that this would happen in your situation, but it's a possibility. If you genuinely feel like you should have gotten better marks, and nobody in your class got above a B, but were predicted higher, maybe talk to your teacher and see what they think.

A 'B' is still an excellent mark! xx

Thanks, Clare. I know B is good and everything...but after two years of work, I still feel a little...umm...disappointed. Just a quick question, does the teacher have to refer the paper to be remarked or can candidates do it individually?

Archived