Exam Results

Guest aejdude

Omg that is so excellent you are all brains!!! I think parents brag kids to do well beacause they care about there future and want them to do well-what parent wouldnt! (not because they want to brag to there friends)what type of parent would you be if you didnt care about what your kids grades were.Unless you got straight A's and they still complained(that would be different).

Actually I think you'd be a very good parent if you didn't care about your kids grades. Not in an 'I'm not bothered' way, but in the sense that you should love your kids just the same whatever their grades. Parents that pressure their children to get straight As and to revise all hours of the day are effectively saying that they're not good enough if they don't live up to certain expectations, which I think is despicable. Some people can give it 110% and still not come out with brilliant results simply because they aren't academically gifted. Does that mean they don't deserve to be loved as much as a clever person? My parents are fantastic because they always said that you can only do your best and it doesn't matter what the outcome is, as long as you know that you gave it all you could. If I'd been under the sort of pressure some of you guys have I don't think I'd have got through the exams at all.

Mine too :D My Dad helped me revise Science and my sister was awesome too, she helped with Maths R.E and French and Mum was my shoulder to cry on! I think it makes such a difference when parents are supportive in a non-domineering way.

Thanks for the comments guys and the advice Dazacoulls, Tabby cool and others...how freaky is that Lady Stardust?!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done everyone! We got some bright buttons I see! :D

I took my Maths a year early (so I could fit in Statistics in year 11.. oh joy.) So I got that result today.

I got an A*! I'm so happy! :D Couldn't have hoped for a better result! (obviously lol) I know I'm not a big year 11 like all you lot (Well... technically I am now - yey!) but I wanted to post. Lol. *yey to us all!!*

Thats awesome its not fair i got C in maths and its so bad my parents are upset about this, because everyone in my family are good at maths, like cousins so on got As and A* and im the crap one at maths :( my dad was telling me that 6As, 1 B and 3 Cs, are the average results you would expect in todays society, emy aunts and cousin rang they said my results were good and my aunt was saying have a party i tod my mum and she said that there not like excellent results that its worth having a party for :( and now i feel like a loser

Don't feel like a loser, your parents are bang outta order!! *slams desk*

I'm sure you tried very hard for them results, so you know in yourself that you couldn't have done better. And anyway, why would you have wanted to do better, they're brilliant results!! It's very easy for your parents to pick fault because it's not their grades. And if your parents are anything like mine, they don't understand how hard it is to get A's and B's. Slap them on the head. lol. :)

You did great Tamxxx, well done!!

Yeah, Tam, you did really well, I didn't see all your grades until today when someone else quoted your original post. When you were saying that your parents were disappointed with your maths grade, I didn't know how well you'd done in everything else! You did fine in maths anyway and you got loads of A and A* grades, your results are great, much better than mine were!

Aww thanks guys the advice was very helpful :) I think its very true that what it matters is where it ends, sometimes I get very excited for the future because I think if i get a good job and earn loads of money in the future :)

Well im thinking of doing medicine as im quite good at science but its really weird because I got AA in science but C in maths and normally if your kind of good at science well you could be good at maths as well so i always thought that was weird for me :unsure: , I was actually never good at maths, I just dont know why, it would of looked good if I got a B in maths as i want to do medicine in the future, everytime i was in school I always wanted to achieve top grades in the core subjects, I think thats the most important thing, and if you get atleast get decent grades in optional subjects they dont matter much, but it all depends what you want to do :P

Well, I'm home from holiday and I just couldn't wait until I got home to get my results, so I rang up school from Gran Canaria and practically begged for my results down the phone and I got...

2 A*s, 7 As and 2Bs.

Biology - A

Chemistry - A :o

Drama - B (Pretty damn lucky, considering I fluffed up the coursework)

English Language - A*

English Literature - A*

French - A

History - B (Meh, I'm not pleased with that one - **** exam)

ICT - A

Maths - A (You WHAT?! So pleased)

Physics - A

Statistics - A (My God, is that a shock)

So, yeah... not bad at all. :)

Well, I'm home from holiday and I just couldn't wait until I got home to get my results, so I rang up school from Gran Canaria and practically begged for my results down the phone and I got...

2 A*s, 7 As and 2Bs.

Biology - A

Chemistry - A :o

Drama - B (Pretty damn lucky, considering I fluffed up the coursework)

English Language - A*

English Literature - A*

French - A

History - B (Meh, I'm not pleased with that one - **** exam)

ICT - A

Maths - A (You WHAT?! So pleased)

Physics - A

Statistics - A (My God, is that a shock)

So, yeah... not bad at all. :)

OMFG clever clogs lol can we swap results? :lol: , your parents should be so proud

Archived