Exam Results

Guest aejdude

Which result surprised you all the most? Mine was maths as I thought I had failed (I did higher so if I got lower than a C I would have failed) but I ended up getting an A!!!!!

What surprised you the most?

Maths was my biggest surprise too, I got and A* lol I just spent 2 years laughing at my sister because she got an A* in maths in GCSE and then I got one!

Here's my results, I was shaking I was so happy!

Maths - A*

Textiles - A*

English Literature - A*

English Language - A

Double Science - AA

Art - A

French - A

R.E. - A

ICT - Distinction.

When I took my GCSE's ( a whopping 4 years ago now!) I took pretty much the same subjects as you (but business studies instead of ICT) and I got pretty much the same results, too (I think it was 5 A*s and 6 As) so well done and what a strange coincidence! I now study at Christchurch Uni in Canterbury doing french and art, going into my last year now :)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done everyone! We got some bright buttons I see! :D

I took my Maths a year early (so I could fit in Statistics in year 11.. oh joy.) So I got that result today.

I got an A*! I'm so happy! :D Couldn't have hoped for a better result! (obviously lol) I know I'm not a big year 11 like all you lot (Well... technically I am now - yey!) but I wanted to post. :) Lol. *yey to us all!!*

Thats awesome its not fair i got C in maths and its so bad my parents are upset about this, because everyone in my family are good at maths, like cousins so on got As and A* and im the crap one at maths :( my dad was telling me that 6As, 1 B and 3 Cs, are the average results you would expect in todays society, emy aunts and cousin rang they said my results were good and my aunt was saying have a party i tod my mum and she said that there not like excellent results that its worth having a party for :( and now i feel like a loser

Well done everyone! We got some bright buttons I see! :D

I took my Maths a year early (so I could fit in Statistics in year 11.. oh joy.) So I got that result today.

I got an A*! I'm so happy! :D Couldn't have hoped for a better result! (obviously lol) I know I'm not a big year 11 like all you lot (Well... technically I am now - yey!) but I wanted to post. :) Lol. *yey to us all!!*

Thats awesome its not fair i got C in maths and its so bad my parents are upset about this, because everyone in my family are good at maths, like cousins so on got As and A* and im the crap one at maths :( my dad was telling me that 6As, 1 B and 3 Cs, are the average results you would expect in todays society, emy aunts and cousin rang they said my results were good and my aunt was saying have a party i tod my mum and she said that there not like excellent results that its worth having a party for :( and now i feel like a loser

You should celebrate anyway - you've finished exams and no doubt worked hard for it! Your parents should be supportive. Maybe they're just a bit competitive.

Aww Tam, your results are good, your parents should be more supportive. You should celebrate, you've finished school and you've worked hard, even if you didn't get all A* and A grades, you did well and will have no problems with going to sixth form or whatever to do A levels. Once you've done your A levels, nobody will really care what you got for GCSE anyway, it all becomes irrelevant once you've done something higher. I've just done my degree and I doubt anyone will ever ask me now why I did a BTEC instead of finishing my A Levels, so you shouldn't worry about not doing well in every subject.

When I did my GCSEs 7 years ago (I feel old now!) I didn't do fantastically well, I should have tried harder, but try telling that to most 15-16 year olds!

This is what I got:

Maths: A

German: A

RE: B

Double Science: BB

English Language: C

English Literature: C

Systems and Control: C

ICT: C

History: C

Media Studies: C

I completely stuffed up my A Levels and left sixth form after a few months because I hated it. I went to college and did a BTEC National Diploma in IT, I did ok, but again, nothing outstanding.

I went to uni though and worked hard, I got my results last month and now I've got a first class degree in computing, so that just goes to prove that GCSE's aren't the be all and end all of everything :)

Just be positive, your parents probably don't acknowledge how hard you've worked, we're all different, just because your cousins are good at maths, that doesn't mean you have to be, you can probably do other things better than they can too. Have a party, have fun with your friends before you go back to school or college in September. Only you can really know how hard you worked, you have to be honest with yourself, if you know that you could have worked harder, then you'll know that you have to work harder in the future, if you tried your best, then that's good, just keep at it and hopefully your parents will learn to be more supportive of you :)

Aww thanks :) that has given me some input on thinking positively :) , its hard living with my parents because even if i did get 8 As they would still be like you could of done better, like my dad was just saying now, they never praise me too much, but i dont really care i will go my own way and just do the best i can for my A levels

You can only ever do your best, if that's not enough for your parents then that's really not your problem. I know it's hard when you want to make your parents proud, but your happiness is most important, so as long as you know you've tried as hard as you can, then that's the only thing that counts. Some parents think that by having really high expectations that they are encouraging their kids, when in actual fact the pressure can just be too much for the kids to live up to.

Omg that is so excellent you are all brains!!! I think parents brag kids to do well beacause they care about there future and want them to do well-what parent wouldnt! (not because they want to brag to there friends)what type of parent would you be if you didnt care about what your kids grades were.Unless you got straight A's and they still complained(that would be different).

Actually I think you'd be a very good parent if you didn't care about your kids grades. Not in an 'I'm not bothered' way, but in the sense that you should love your kids just the same whatever their grades. Parents that pressure their children to get straight As and to revise all hours of the day are effectively saying that they're not good enough if they don't live up to certain expectations, which I think is despicable. Some people can give it 110% and still not come out with brilliant results simply because they aren't academically gifted. Does that mean they don't deserve to be loved as much as a clever person? My parents are fantastic because they always said that you can only do your best and it doesn't matter what the outcome is, as long as you know that you gave it all you could. If I'd been under the sort of pressure some of you guys have I don't think I'd have got through the exams at all.

Thanks everyone did so well ^_^^_^

But i keep thinking so people got Bs in Maths and I got a C :( I was a predicited a B im disappointed with the maths results, I was very shocked at History because I got an A* and geography A which i thought id get a B, I cant believe it, because my predicted grades were really bad like 4 Cs, 1 A, 5 Bs, and i ended up getting 5 As, 1 A* , 3Cs and 1 B. :blink: so its kind of like a miracle for me

Your grades are great . Even those predicted grades are good, 10 GCSEs is great. I have 4 grade Bs and 2 Grade Cs, but I am still happy with those (one of my grade Cs I had to study for for 3 years and 4 attempts !). Both your predicted and actual grades are great. I think today's young people (I did my exams 12 years ago) place too much expectation and stress on themselves IMO.

Archived