Together Forever

Guest Jack and Martha 4eva

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 55

Laura was just about taking it in, she couldn’t believe what Jodi had just told her, of course this was the reaction that Jodi expected but she didn’t need that reaction, she needed Laura to say that she would be there for her and wouldn’t tell anyone. It had taken a lot of guts for her to say that to someone.

“Laura, you have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone” Jodi said

“I promise, I’m so glad that you told me, but you really have to tell you mum, she has a right to know” Laura told her

“She does, but she has to look after Mia and she doesn’t need this, I shouldn’t be worrying her” Jodi added

“Of course she should worry about you, you’re her daughter, her first daughter, she cares about you so much and I know that she was really worried about you when you didn’t come home” Laura replied

“I will tell her, just in my own time” she commented. Just then Rosie started to cry.

“Look I better get going, I wish that I could stay with you but I really have to go” Laura kept on apologizing. “I will call you up and we can talk properly” she added

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later” Jodi replied before giving her another hug. She really appreciated telling Laura about it and she knew that Laura wouldn’t tell anyone.

********************************************************************************

Just as Jodi had shut the door, Laura’s phone started to ring. She knew who it would be.

“Hey Becky” she answered

“Heya, did you find out what the problem was?” She asked

“Yer I did, meet me at the dinner in ten minutes” Laura said before hanging up and headed towards the dinner. As she entered she saw Bec sitting alone on a table in the corner. She walked over and she started telling Becky what she had been told by Jodi. Becky was really shocked too and couldn’t believe that someone could do that.

“Rape, I mean no-one should want to do that” Bec said just as Colleen walked over

“What can I get for you two?” She asked

“Just two juice’s please” Becky answered. They both thought that Colleen hadn’t heard what they had been talking about, but she had. She brought them their juices and then went into the kitchen to think about what someone had just said. Irene then came in and told her that she could go on a break, so Colleen decided to go down on to the beach. The last person she expected to see was Martha, she thought that she would be at home with Jodi. She went up to her, and saw Mia sleeping in her arms.

“Martha, I didn’t expect to see you here” Colleen told her

“Why not?” Martha asked confused

“Well after that terrible business with Jodi being raped I thought that you would be at home with her” Colleen said rather bluntly

“What did you just say?” Martha asked again

“I said that I thought that you would be at home with Jodi after the rape” Colleen said again unaware of the harm that she had just caused. Martha just ran, she didn’t say anything; she just had to see Jodi.

********************************************************************************

When she got home she found Jodi on the couch crying again. She put Mia in her high chair and just went and pulled her into a hug. They sat there for about fifteen minutes before Martha finally broke the silence

“Jodi, why didn’t you tell me about Toby?” Martha asked

“What, how did you know?” Jodi asked, she had only told Laura and Laura had said that she wouldn’t tell anyone.

“That doesn’t matter, what matters is that I haven’t been there for you and I want to know why you feel that you couldn’t come to me” Martha continued

“Because you had other things to worry about and you have to look after Mia” Jodi told her

“Jodi, you are the most important thing in the world to me, why do you think that I would be too busy for you? I love you to bits and I want to be here for you, I will help you through this” Martha comforted her. Jodi didn’t say anything, she just hugged Martha again. When Mia started to cry, Martha went to get her and then brought her back to Jodi. When Mia was happy she could usually put a smile on anyone’s face. Jodi looked down at her and laughed as Mia was trying to escape from Martha’s clutches. Jodi knew that one day Mia would probably turn out to be a rebel. Martha was pleased that her daughter was smiling, she deserved happiness.

When everyone got back from school and work that evening they could tell that something had happened but neither of them asked what it was. Jodi and Martha agreed that Jack was going to be told later that night. They both knew that he would hit the roof and want to kill Toby, but that was going to be difficult as he didn’t know where Toby lived. Jodi didn’t need Jack to go crazy, she needed him to be there for her. Everyone was quiet that evening and no-one seemed to speak. Martha had made sure that Colleen didn’t open her big mouth anymore when she rang her up. She hoped that Colleen would understand and not go to see Madge Wilkins as soon as she hung up. Everyone else was in bed early that night, so before Jack headed upstairs Martha brought him into the kitchen where Jodi was still sitting, preparing for how Jack was going to react. Martha got them all a drink before she too sat down and told Jack about what had happened whilst they were away. Like predicted Jack went ballistic and Martha had to take him outside and tell him how Jodi needed him to be there for her and not rant and rave about it. After listening to Martha they went back inside, and Jack went straight over to Jodi who was now crying and gave her a hug. She was his little girl, and the thought of anyone doing anything to her made him sick. But for Jodi’s sake he had to be strong and calm. Top priority now was to kill Toby Milligan without anyone finding out. For the next half an hour they talked about whether Jodi was going to go to the police. She didn’t want anyone knowing her personal business, so she was unsure about what to do, but Martha reassured her that no-one would find out. Jodi then went to bed in a happier mood than earlier. Jack and Martha though stayed up most of the night talking about what was going to happen.

Preview

What is going to happen with Toby?

Hope you enjoy that, I am very pleased with myself because I have updated 3 times in less than 24 hours. Hope you all enjoy it and please comment, I really appreaciate the comments that you all write.

Em xx

Archived