Official Site - NEW RULE!

Guest Foxy

There have a number of threads popping up in the spoiler zone that either contain just a link to a specific page on the official site, or lift whole chunks of text from it. Is there really any need for this? Anyone who has acsess to the internet is perfectly capable of finding their way to the official site without brand new links every week. I'm also pretty sure that the text that's lifted is copyrighted in some way - at very least it's being re-used within permission from the author. Any chance of any sort of rule upon lifting things from the official site, and/or the weekly threads containing a link or two? I'm not suggesting shouldn't be able to discuss official site content here but, whilst it isn't a perfect site, a lot of work goes into the official site, and I feel they wouldn't be too happy with people able to view their material on an entirely different site.

Can all members please make themselves familiar with our new rule.

13. Do NOT 'copy and paste' content from Seven's Official Home and Away Website. I have been in contact with the Online Producer of the site as to how we can try and cut this out. It is not fair on the creators and is also pointless. If you feel that a particular feature requires sensible discussion then just post a link.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're certainly not happy, and I've been in discussions with the Online Producer as to the best way to tackle this. A lot of work goes into that site and it does feel bad when people directly copy the content, sometimes before it even officially goes online.

I've had to remove lots of text copied and pasted from the Official Site and replace it with a link, but it still keeps happening.

I think I will be introducing it as a rule.

^^ I think thats a good idea. I see the threads (This week pictures, This weeks spoilers from official site etc...) in the spoiler section and think we don't really need it. So making it become a rule, might not be such a bad idea.

I think a rule about this would be a good idea. Dan and the mods have asked several people not to do this........ but they still do. The official site has its own unique material and its both unfair...and probably illegal ...to copy it....AS others have said...most people are quite capable of finding the site themsleves.....perhaps we need a section with links to other sites at the top or bottom of the page...and we remove all threads which include material taken directly from the official site.

As for several sites being like BTTB...well some do actually acknowledge when they "borrow" content from us.......many don't...its very annoying...but they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :P...personally I can nver understand why anyone would want to create a site with the exact same material when its here already.....weird!

Can all members please make themselves familiar with our new rule.

13. Do NOT 'copy and paste' content from Seven's Official Home and Away Website. I have been in contact with the Online Producer of the site as to how we can try and cut this out. It is not fair on the creators and is also pointless. If you feel that a particular feature requires sensible discussion then just post a link.

Archived